Post videos of yourself playing

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GTAveteran, Apr 8, 2009.

1. AimUk

AimUk Regular Member

It's a good game, from your other videos I'm sure you're in red, you seem to be a bit too relaxed whether you find the matches comfortable or not I'm not sure. Deception seemed to work well on him.

The pace was generally quite low and you didn't work your opponent; even smashes tended to be aimed at the body and he wasn't being worked around all the court at speed. Which as tall people find it quite hard to twist and turn quicker so working on your speed when trying to counter/ attack can make a big difference for a tall person.

With a tall person, as soon as you give them too much time at the back with slow high lifts it puts them at a massive advantage, so play the flat counters/ drives against him and bring him forwards and backwards. Alot of his smashes were unreturned because you simply gave him too much of an opportunity to get behind the shuttle and place a deadly smash without having to worry about it coming back.

Around 7:20 is a great example you push him flatter and wide and you get a weak response to kill.

If Kano reads this too, I'm pretty sure my teammate Vince from Exeter played you at BUCS this year? I've yet to come up against you in any bronzes but I do remember you looking injured when playing. Have to try and get a game with you if I can at some point.

Andy.

#1301 AimUk, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Andy, Yeh, im the one in Red, to be honest, im not as good as Kano... he is a better player, just fortunate i won. I dont actually get to play anymore, neither do i train or club etc.. thanks for feedback though, will take it into account if i ever get into badminton more seriously.
    cheers

3. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Babyface is your inspiration Taufik Hidayat ?
    Your backhand clear is every good! The way your play is quite relaxed.

If you are inspired by Taufik Hidayat not surprised he is mine as well as Lee Chong Wei and Peter Gade.
    What is string tension on your Arcsaber Z-Slash ?

4. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    lol.. yes i do watch TH games and yes i do love his style of play. tension is 27lbs bg66 ultimax

5. AimUk

AimUk Regular Member

Sorry I interpreted coming back from injury as starting to play properly again & the fact you're playing with Kano, probably wouldn't have been so critical otherwise haha..

I thought I recognised the dress sense from somewhere. I do think you have a very natural look to your game, you must have been good when you did play!

6. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Andy: I do appreciate your words as watching the video back, it does make sense :).. i played as a junior 13-16 and got into county and had England trials.. but gave up before getting into the national camp (lost interest/concentration) .. gave up the sport for 8 years, and picked up the badminton racket again at uni 3 years ago.. ive always played like this, not because of my opponent being weak or strong... i find it hard to concentrate, hence the reason why i dont train etc.. just a fun game to me.
    Kano is a good friend of mine i met down south uk... he is more dedicated and lives/loves the sport.. easy to see why, me returnig from injury would be mis-interpreted.

thanks regardless

7. hn8790

hn8790 Regular Member

Business Systems Manager
    Cool thread, I totally agree with the reason why this thread was created in the first place. It's great to watch the professional but at the same time its nice to watch your peers too! Just spent ages trawling through the thread watch you guys play! Just so happens we made a video a few weeks ago, here it is...

[video=youtube;ZeKzSMg80rM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeKzSMg80rM[/video]

Watch out for my trick shot just after 5 minutes, I'm the slap head in the black!

Comments welcome :)

#1307 hn8790, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  8. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Wow, I've just watched 4 minutes and you guys are great! More entertaining than most SS matches. :)
    Well chosen, good long rallies shown by a well-placed clear camera. Kudos!

9. bbirdman

bbirdman Regular Member

very good! what level do you play at?

10. hn8790

hn8790 Regular Member

Business Systems Manager
    Thanks for the kind comments so far :) I noticed bbirdman you're from the UK, I play for Shropshire county but have only been playing for them for the last few seasons. I'm a bit of a late starter to be honest because I'm self taught and only got good enough recently, before that I just played in local leagues etc...well I still do, South Staffs, Worcerster and Shropshire division 1 leagues

11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

And here was me going tonpost my doubles game... I'm like the Hafiz Hashim of doubles (anyone remember the commonwealth games, where out of nowhere he ended up playing with Chan Peng Soon)

I am like 80% singles 15% mixed and 5% doubles, and my main focus is singles, so any video I have would be quite pointless, cause I can't play doubles like I can singles...

Good play for the video above, and the rallies choosen are very entertaining and high quality:)

12. hn8790

hn8790 Regular Member

Business Systems Manager
    Cheers dude get a video of you playing singles and stick it up :)

13. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Your footwork and your understanding of your positioning during the doubles game is really good!!

14. visor

visor Regular Member

Good rallies! High quality exchanges, and especially Pinky has an incredible defensive block.

15. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Great doubles.. very entertaining.. too bad you live soo far away.. looks like a very good standard. (love the trick shot ;)

16. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

i very much like your intensity (all 4 of you) (sheering, shouting, fistpumping...;)).

there are some rallies where you&your partner are attacking (smash from the back) and then the frontcourt player lifts the shuttle, despite being in a quite good position. no need for that. just block and keep on attacking! occupy the net, that's where doubles is won! (you do that most of the time for sure!!)

nice match, all 4 of you are more or less at a comparable level, that's the best matchups!!

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Eh? I thought you only started in Uni, which was why everyone was calling you a natural talent after the first vids? :D

18. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    IMO it is a very interesting match
    very evenly match, both sides has good technique and selection of shots
    both sides understands who should go where, which formation, what to do, where to cover

I rarely get this kind of good games, maybe once in a while..
    usually the rallies finished after first few shots..

19. hn8790

hn8790 Regular Member

Business Systems Manager
    Thanks everyone for the positive feedback and @|_Footwork_| thanks for your advice too. It's something I noticed too watching myself back. I have so much time at the net yet I choose to lift most of the time. It's so obvious when I watch myself back. My defense it probably one of my strengths but still I shouldn't put myself under attack, so completely agree with you.

I would really recommend to everyone that they film themselves. It's not until you watch yourself that you realise what you are doing wrong!

20. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Wow, you have a good memory lol... you're right, i remember saying starting at uni when first posting, as to me, junior 13-16 standard wasnt anything to brag about.. :)