[BAM]Malaysia in danger of missing Thomas Cup Finals

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup Preliminary Round 2012' started by cxytdn, Jan 8, 2012.

1. sen

sen Regular Member

probably Hoon will be put against Lee Yong Dae as he got good record.

On the women team, with Sonia and 1 women double not fit, it is not looking good for Malaysia.

Same with Indonesia. So many injuries

2. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

amen for this statement...

3. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

I know that koo and tan's play has been extremely unstable and in question lately.. but in my eyes they are still the clear favorites to beat japan and taipei.

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Please think again................!!

5. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    Yeap ! I think this is the best current Malaysia pairs. Daren Liew can be trusted against Japan, Thailand, Chinese Taipei. I still beleive Malaysia can make it to the final ! :D

6. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

if malaysia dont make it this time.. it would be a blessing in disguise...
    then.. i hope.... there will across the board changes
    more of the average malaysian will now understand the real predicament we are in..

most of us in BC is not aware that.. the average malaysian thinks we are still a badminton force..

many BC ers has already stated, the key to a better malaysian badminton culture is the State BA's.
    Take care of them, make them into an excellent well oiled machiine. and the national badminton's health will take care of itself

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    All we are asking is more consistency and 'a little' improvement to make it.

Not too much to ask rite?? ;)

8. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I agree. Malaysia should not qualify for both Thomas & Uber Cup. This will initiate the necessary and painful changes required to bring up back to our glory days.
    LCW success has clouded our ability to assess the seriousness of the problem

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Calling up HH yoyo again as 2nd singles? wow, i rest my case:D

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i hope the defeat will force some fella in bam to resign(which looks imposible so far)
    as long as these few guys is managing bam,no way we going to success

11. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    The thought of the possibility of Malaysia missing the TC final has started when Malaysia was hosting the previous TC final. In TC 2010, even when it is played in Malaysia ( at least.......:rolleyes:) and KKK/TBH still at his best form and ranking ( at least.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:...as to compare to now) and at some point HH has able to find his form......we are still unable to recapture this most prestigious Badminton Team event after many attempts. Judging from this, if we compare it to our current, official TC Malaysia team now ( if that is what stated earlier here from ngtk 67 post) then, that thought will be a reality as far as analyzing from HH, LD, Arif etc current achievement and performance is concern....not to mention Rexy defector, KKK/TBH.

While other team has already has player/s that can beat LD, PG , Dato' , FH/CY, KKK/TBH etc and if you blend that into a team, you will have a high, strong moral in that team that can influence your team spirit......however looking into the depth of our current Malaysia TC team...regardless even if we invite qualified independent player into the team, not to be unrealistic here but just plain logic, it's going to be a damn tough road for us in the qualifying round.

It's unlikely miracle can happen since this not a magic show, unless LD, CL and other current top performer out of nowhere want to change their citizenship and become a Malaysian, then we just have to utilized what players we have and support them and pray that they can do their best.

12. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Agree with pajrul and limsy that if Malaysia fails to qualify it might be a blessing in disguise. Time to wake the average Malaysians up, showing that the heads in BAM have been hiding behind LCW's success. Even KKK/TBH is simply not up to scratch now.

Forest so sure we can beat JPN's top pair of Hashimoto Hirokatsu/Hirata Noriyasu? This JPN pair beat KSH/YYS twice (SSMF 2011 and Asian Games 2010) and are pretty much one of the best pairs in the TC qualifers besides CY/FHF and of course JJS/LYD and KSH/YYS. I even dare say KKK/TBH will lose to Jongjit/Bodin

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i found it both funny and crazy when bam is so confident that they will qualify
    lol

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    CHN winning TC12 is a foregone conclusion, everyone else are playing bridesmaids....Average malaysians care about the state of badminton, really? I don't think so. Average malaysians will bitch and complain, but they couldn't care less or cannot do much to change BAM.
    BAM consists of management (3 stooges, high performance whatever), coaches (lots of them) and the players (few and old, soon to be uncles and aunties). The 3 stooges are king of BAM kissing the butt of the players. Unlike Park being boss in Japan , the coaches are sacrificial lambs, powerless and replaceable. So, hire that Yoo fella from KOR, reshuffle Rexy and replace with 3-man coaching team only to see the 3-fella scared like hell and turn around to hire another fella from KOR (Yoo) to coach the golden MD pair, when it is clear the problem is not skill (MAS has plenty of that) but fitness, fitness and fitness as Park and yours truly pointed out.
    BAM is like throwing darts hoping one of those darts will produce a miracle i.e. a short term fix to score the OLY gold and collect their rewards, no long term strategy.
    Forcing the BAM fellas to resign if MAS fails to make it to TC finals? Dream on, that will never happen. BAM is so politically connected and being run by people with Datuk titles than brain interfering in running badminton when they are clueless about this game, what the heck do we expect?
    BAM is banking on LCW to deliver the gold and all will be forgotten, MAS will celebrate and declare a public holiday, LCW collect his bonus, and the 3 stogges will collect their bonuses too and Datuk title for those who doesn't have one and for those who are already Datuk to upgrade to Tan Sri, BAM get more funding, and the show continues until MAS forumers and average malaysians complain again....:D
    Japan, Korea, CHN and even DEN...their badminton organizations are run by baddy people.....Park run Japan with the powwer he is given and in a short few years, check out the results in the JAP players fitness, their skills, many young and talented players coming up...KOR being KOR with discipline and no farting around...CHN, what can we say, the one to beat....yet MAS with all the Maybank million$$$ is going nowhere with the talent pool which BAM has done nothing to nurture but let it slide down the pipe, and only 1 world class 29 year player to show and bank on.
    I bet after OLY12, the 3 stooges will still be around, Malaysians will still complain and complain and nothing will happen...I bet my 3 antique CAB 20s on this prediction;):D

#34 OneToughBirdie, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  15. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Good post. To all those average Malaysian fans who are still dreaming, give it up. It's futile, nothing will change unless you change the management and let those with competitive badminton expertise run the organization. However, considering the structure, cultural and historical background of Malaysia, that would never happen. So it's best to just give it up. Like OTB said, average Malaysians could not care less about what Malaysia would become in the badminton World.

All they want to do is, spend some time venting off their frustration on BAM and their national players, go off to bed, forget about it later, carry on with their life so that they can drink teh tarik in the morning, bitch about it again when they are bored and repeat the circle. All they care about is the magic number in their bank accounts, where can they buy a cheap LV, where to eat nasi lemak, party and what show is on cinema tomorrow. Have they really care about badminton, they won't have wasted their time here. They would have form a movement to demand change in BAM, asking the nation to sign petition or simply train hard on court to save the sport themselves.

However, it is very obvious that, contribution for the greater good is not part of the culture in Malaysia. And this is reflected even stronger in BC tournament video sharing section. Just how many BCers are from Malaysia? Yet, the one who are sharing the video in MO opens 2012 or earlier are people from Hong Kong, Canada or even Europe. Those guy actually sacrifice their sleeping time to tape the matches. One could not help but wonder if every BCers who have an Astro at home went to the stadium, or they simply cannot be bothered to contribute.

It's the same old story about Malaysians after all. Most of the badmonton enthusiasts in Malaysia complain about the lack of depth in todays backup squad/youngsters. But when ask about sending they kids (who have been training since young) to a badminton sport school, they coldly dismissed the idea claiming that is better for their children to pursue a less taxing career like bankers, lawyers, doctors & dentists. How they come up with a conclusion of a doctor/banker who needs to work 12 hours a day 6 days per week is a less taxing career than badminton player is beyond me. But I can atleast agree that a doctor/banker is much more financial rewarding in the long term if they actually get a job.

And you actually expect that a nation in which most of its citizen are not ready to contribute to the sport to revive its sport to its previous glory. Sure...dream on.

You may not like this post, but I am just trying to be realistic about the chances here. Whether Malaysia qualified for the Thomas Cup final or not is meaningless, they don't have the depth to win it anyway. Qualifying for the finals will only serve the purpose of saving the face of the management in BAM. The future of Malaysia badminton has already been written on the wall and the downfall of Malaysia badminton is inevitable post LCW era. You can only hope that MAS badminton has already hit the very rock bottom right there and is slowly improving after. Finger cross.

16. sen

sen Regular Member

You hit the right point there !

Malaysia has a lot of talent as shown in the junior but there is the mental block that they can do better in other career and that makes the difference.

On the other hand, in other countries, when they kids show lots of talent, the decision is much more towards full time commitment and one track mind.

But some parents in Asian countries are like their Malaysian counterpart.

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    even those who did well in junior will not shine in senior at the very 1st moment when they opt to go college

18. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Even Lee Chong Wei says Malaysia has only a slim chance to qualify for the TC finals, back page of the Star says 'No Wei' (no way)

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

On the underlined part, they need specially subscribe to the recording function(pay monthly) in order to be able to record, which most of them dont. And internet speed in Msia isnt exactly fast. By the time one uploads one part, others from other countries already uploaded the whole video.

Well, sports is not seen as a good long term career by most Asian parents, very few make it, those who dont, struggle to fend for themselves. TC qualifier, Msia can still scrape thru & qualify this edition me thinks. After LCW retires, it's going to be tough to find even 1 MS who can challenge other countries.

#39 eaglehelang, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  20. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

now he's TALKING...!!