2012 All England SSP: Sat 10-Mar Semi-Finals matches

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Mar 9, 2012.

1. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    no magic after refreching and no pleasure of the match today. may be better to watch in best quality 3 days later

2. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

Guys, please don't judge LD from his body language. That is him. He always play good in every single match. He sure wanted to meet chong wei in the final.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    too much skill difference.

LD is not even trying to try, and Tago still not up to it.

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

My live stream was fine, maybe your connection is poor...

5. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

Lin Dan won it!!!

6. amleto

amleto Regular Member

stream was fine for me. last 6-10 points were really disappointing from tago- lots of unforced errors

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

kwun,I couldn't have said it better.

This supreme super grand master,Lin Dan,can do anything he likes and there's simply nothing his opponent can do about it. He can do that to practically everybody except Lee CW and CL, I think.

8. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

I'm pretty sure he doing it to CL as well. And this is why Lin Dan can be so calm. Please guys don't misjudge Lin Dan from his style.

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    WYH is indeed tough. It wasn't easy for her to come back from her failure in Uber Cup 2010 and the many months of dismal performance afterward. But it was Wang Lin's injury which had given WYH a second chance.

The fact that LXR is now fighting for the no. 4 spot is evidence that LYB is thinking about ditching one of the three Wangs. There isn't enough evidence now as to who will be ditched utlimately. It is still too early to say I guess.

10. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    Eww Muscab, that was just a joke by kwun. Don't take it seriously. :D

11. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

I know lol

12. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    I think CHN still needs three Wangs for Olympic games. All of them have different style of playing and that could be a really good 'wall' against any other player. You could beat one Wang in your good day, but can you beat three Wangs? That would be like beating Williams sister back to back in one tournament. :D

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lin Dan's body language is also saying "For goodness' sake, Tago,play better than that. Even if I want to let you win, we have to put up a more convincing show or we'll both be seen through by amateurs and mocked at; I've been criticized often enough for that already. So you've got to help yourself before I can help you."

Of course,I said this tongue-in-cheek, in jest. Certainly,Lin Dan wants to win and play Lee CW tomorrow in a Battle of the Titans - expect fireworks, all-guns blazing; LCW to prove a point and LD to avenge his last defeat.

14. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

CHN also got triple for Olympics; Lin Dan, Chen Long and Chen Jin but unfortunately, we should say Goodbye to Chen Jin.

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    but then, at the way that CJ has been playing, i am not sure what he adds to the table other than bragging rights by LYB saying that China managed to maximize all qualifications slots despite BWF making up all these rules trying to stop them.

16. Granum

Granum Regular Member

Interestingly, each MS player in the SF was in an AE final at least once

17. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Semifinals Day .....

...... is the day when China guaranteed two titles from their bastion of Women's Singles and Doubles, in lieu of a Mixed Doubles title. Hence, we shall have a new Mixed Doubles winners tomorrow, of which 3 of the 4 players involved had been crowned World Champions in this discipline.

But first, the matches.

The day started with former World Champions Juhl and Laybourn taking out defending champions Ma Jin and Xu Chen. It was a match where the Chinese were outgunned from the word go. It was the best that I have seen Laybourn play since Super Series Finals 2008 and their World Championship run of 2009.

Quick deft touches from Juhl just over the top of the tape was too much for the Chinese to handle. When they pushed her back, they found that her powerful smashes were sufficient to force a weak return, gleefully put away by Laybourn. Ma Jin, in comparison was subdued, and Xu Chen was grappling with the pace variation employed by the Danes. A brief fightback from 10-17 down in the 2nd game was too late to recover lost ground.

The battle of the remaining Wangs rivalled a soccer match, for that was how long it took to finish off the game. Wang Yihan could have wrapped it up quickly, but maybe just testing her newfound fitness to the max .....

LCW was playing at just about normal pace against LHI. Always leading with good net placements, LCW suddenly saw LHI draw level with great placements on the sideline and baseline to 16-16, all the way to 18-18. Only then did LCW move to higher gear and take the game with the narrowest of margins.

2nd game was a lot better for LCW, and the points built up to 18-9. Complacency crept in and LHI got really close until 16-18. The 17th point would have been LHI's too if not for a cruel mistake at the net. This broke his rhythm and gave LCW all the motivation to keep clear.

The Danish men came out to defend their title against the Koreans, winners here in 2008. But it never looked like they were ready for battle, because first Boe and then Mogensen fell victim to lack of composure. Mogensen should have been warned by the umpire when he showed his displeasure after being called up to keep his stuff tidy in the box.

The collapse of epic proportions that previously affected her teammate Cheng Shao Chieh in the World Championship final last year, proved to be a bane for Tai Tzu Ying. Having held the initiative at 9-6 up in the rubber, her game suddenly went haywire, allowing her opponent to move all the way to matchpoint. In one of the rallies, Tzu Ying even tried diving ala a goalkeeper trying to save the soccer ball ...... funny.

The Malaysia vs Indonesia XD doubles match was a reasonably high quality battle with lots of angles being employed. The two ladies performed almost flawlessly and in the first game, the difference is never more than 2 points. Eventually, the winner is only decided between Chan Peng Soon's lack of composure in service, against Tontowi Ahmad's overeagerness to kill off the shuttle. In the end, despite the best efforts of his partner and with the Malaysian crowd subduing their Indonesian counterparts, Chan Peng Soon's service game issue still stood like a sore thumb and the loss of the 1st game broke some momentum.

Nonetheless, it was a creditable performance overall and the Indonesians at least had to sweat and use up 5 gamepoints to finish off a marathon 1st game. Tomorrow's final will see an ex-World Champion combination against half an ex-double World Champion. Can't wait to see how that would pan out.

Korean girls showed some promise when playing Tian Qing and Zhao Yunlei. Leading in both games by margins wider than the San Andreas fault, the Chinese turned their game around to snatch the match like magic.

In comparison, the Japanese men failed to even give a decent fight to the Chinese. Even when leading in the 2nd game, they were just not comfortable with the World Champions' power ......

Kenichi Tago was not is normal accurate self in the match against Lin Dan. With Lin Dan keeping ever casual, Tago had the opportunity to put Lin Dan's composure to the test at 18-19 in the first game, instead a smash that was supposed to level the score was directed to his own court.

Lin Dan had better margins in the 2nd game and although Tago came close, he always had enough to take it home. Despite Tago's desperate dives and saves, it was a very comfortable margin of victory.

18. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    my 2 cents

Looks like MS is still monopolized by Lin Dan and Chong Wei, the young guns like Chen Long, Tago, Chen Jin still unable to outshine them. Regardless the outcome of the final, it's quite certain this trend will carry on to Olympic.
    As for who will win the MS of All England, I think LD(4x winner) and CW(2x) stand an equal chance even though the overall head to head records favor LD but recent outcomes suggested CW has leveled the playing field. I think the un-force errors will determine the outcome and can't wait to watch the "Clash Of The Titan, Part ??"
    I am also happy to see Taufik regaining some of his form, he showed us the importance of net play in game 1 and pitfall of stamina in game 2. Especially happy to see Daren Liew and Chong Wei Feng to go deep into the round, is about time they played to their potential. As for Hafiz, at the age of 30, still not realizing the importance of fitness and continues to dish out poor excuses really is no excuse, why even include him in the Thomas Cup Final? Of course, the most disappointing of all, KKK/TBH ... need I say more?
    Last but not least, I will always be a #1 fan of Peter Gade.

19. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei

“I woke up with some pain in my hand today – I don’t know why

This was before he went for today semifinal.

Don't know if he still feel the pain till tomorrow final. Hope fully not.

#439 Muscab, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  20. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    WYH is consolidating herself as No1 women single player in China right now. I don't think WX or WSX is good enough to challege her. But, I think Li XueRui can. She is a bit like Lin Dan when he was young. She is very talented who has skills, strength both physically and mentally as well as high badminton IQ on the court. She just needs more experience. I personally believe that she will dominate at Women single department in the near future.