2012 All England SSP: Sunday 11-March Finals matches

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

Arghh, they don't wanna celebrate Lin Dan yet??? ;)

2. yves.

yves. Regular Member

Student
    The matches I was really looking forward to (MD and MS) were disappointing except for the first set of MD. Something was wrong with Cai and Fu in the following 2 sets, that bandage on Fu's elbow was worrying and he didn't seem to smash nearly as hard as in the first set. Still you have to give credit to Jung and Lee for displaying some excellent badminton.
    Also LCW played a great first set if you consider that he couldn't smash freely, of course I hope that he'll come back really soon.

3. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

Um, no? A sore on his hand is worlds apart from a shoulder injury. He was playing quite normally against LHI yesterday, as opposed to today where he basically can't smash at all.

4. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    What a great sunday!! I just love it, for the first time watching it with friends on the flat screen thanks to a great bw.tv 480p live stream... Maybe sometime soon we could get a 720 HD stream... It was only a bit laggy for the MSF today.
    What a great week with hours of watching badminton and playing badminton.
    A next week watching the action live at the Swiss Open in Basel! Just great....

5. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

I have always wondered where the 720p stream at the WC last year had disappeared to...

6. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

Do you even understand when I said, "and today, it even worse..."?

7. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

less see LCW retired, unlike Lin Dan did walkovers and retired so many times... however, Lin Dan might understand LCW did have injury after match against Lee Hyun Il in semifinal match... and of course Lin Dan wish to play LCW again in Thomas Cup Finals and Olympic, no matter got injury or no injury between these two great one...

8. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    The best match was for sure the MD imo and my favourites won it, although losing the first set after 3 setpoints...

9. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

I could ask you the same question. Let me repeat, a HAND SORE and a SHOULDER INJURY are two totally different things. His shoulder, by all appearances, looked in fine shape in his semifinal.

10. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Well maybe his pain got a lot worse by loosing the first set .. .. ..

/T

11. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

Yesterday he got hand sore and today it is worst cause he got another injury which is the shoulder injury that is why there are straps on his shoulder. Not one but two straps..

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    The injury started in semi final. In the final, LCW was not playing well in game 1, if you notice, he didn't attack at all due to arm problem. The only reason game 1 was close because Lin Dan made so many unforce-errors. There's no reason to make the injury worse if you know you can't win anyway and heavy tapping around Chong Wei shoulder area also an indication.

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    agree with the disappointing MD and MS.

MD was a great first game, fast, hard, and nice come back from behind for Cai/Fu. but starting 2nd game, both pair felt the strain of the first but kudos to Lee/Jung they picked up again while the Chinese never woke up from their slumber. 3rd game it was all history. JJS is definite the player of the match with his incredible power from the back, the coverage on the front and well, he crazy dives and floor shots.

MS was a disappointment from the start with LCW holding back and LD just capitalizing on it. and of course giving up the match was definitely disappointing for anyone who wishes to see a glimpse of the predicted Olympics final. the number of encounters by these two dwindles by the day.

14. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

Guys, go to All England official site, why the **** it say "MD FOR MALAYSIA"?????

15. julianng

julianng Regular Member

All players always has some kind of injury even when their 100% injury free.

Looks like LD really prepared well for this game, he celebrated as if he really earned his victory despite LCW retiring...

I think LD can go an extra gear if he wants to.... this is just LD 4th gear and at olympics we will probably see LD in 5th gear. The olympic gold medal is LD's for sure. No chance for LCW. LD is my pick for the gold.

The only consolation is if LCW avoid losing too badly to LD again like in Beijing final last time(i.e. get more than 15 points each set). Then it won't look like he's too far in quality from LD and his career won't be shadowed by another heavy loss to the champion.

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    LXR reminds me of XXF.

LYB will have a hell of a job to do to pick 3 for the Olympics.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

On the whole, not a quality or memorable match, with Lin Dan making too many uncharacteristic errors in G1(twice serving into the net?! and where's his explosive powerful attacking shots?) which I thought Lee CW played slightly better despite losing it, but in G2 just when Lin Dan ups the tempo, Lee CW's aggravated injury has to stop play, a pity.

That means LCW is likely to withdraw from the Swiss Open as well - I'm actually looking forward to his possible encounter with Chen Long in the final, no joy then.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

How many coaches would wish to be in Li YB's shoes - such an enviable position and spoilt for choice, never mind the headaches of how or who to choose.

19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    after tonight's game, I am all the more confident that LCW will prevail in Olympics. more walk-over please.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I wonder how many more Dream Matches between these two greats can we have, one before the OG, then? Not surprised if either one or both decide to retire after London OG, esp Lin Dan who has nothing more to prove and nothing to play for except perhaps obliged to do national duty in team championships.