2012 All England SSP: Sunday 11-March Finals matches

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Players in the spotlight and hall of fame in the Premier Open Era

Lin Dan
    Wang Yihan
    Zhao Yunlei
    Lee Chong Wei
    Peter Gade

for their outstanding achievements based on many factors...

2. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Tough luck with LCW's injury, but congratulations to Lin Dan for his 5th title. After the match the two Chinese Coaches went to LCW to show concern about his injury. And the Malaysian crowd did not abandon their hero, they still shouted his name together with Lin Dan. Good sportsmanship, very much unlike this forum sometimes .......... wakakakaka.

The atmosphere in the stadium this year was more energetic than last year - especially coming from Chinese and Malaysian supporters, sitting side by side and working up the Mexican Waves.

Mixed Doubles and Men's Doubles provided some quality and heart stopping moments, though some unsportmanship conduct from both Thomas Laybourn and Tontowi Ahmad spoiled matters somewhat. Still, Indonesia has finally landed a title after almost, what, 9 years?

Korea has shown that they are the frontrunners for the Men's Doubles Olympic title - although I still think Jung Jae Sung has not reached full power. But he sure does provide great spectacles with those desperate retrievals on his back.

3. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Confirmed?! Source?! :(
    This Swiss Open will be the first tournament I'm going to watch...! =/

4. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

BTW, where is LYB? In the past you could see him at the final matches but today I saw two coaches, one I believe was Xia Xuanze, and tho other one...not sure who he was. Is AE not prestigious enough for LYB to attend? Maybe he is moving up the corporate ladder and not having to get his hands dirty anymore :D

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I love this year's edition of AllEngland tournament. More of the off court activities like KISS CAM. Trying to emulate NBA , NHL and NBL in making it more fun. However this may not work in other countries.

6. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I am sure with the current position he is holding, he got more important functions to attend to like dinner with politicians, influential figures in the army..

I guess he wants to the next President of China..:D

7. fauci

fauci Regular Member

I think those are not paid professional translators but simply volunteer students who wanted to see sport stars.

8. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I wonder how these students get selected ...poor selection by BE apart from their disgraceful mismanagement of the event that led to Gade untimely exit...Shame on your Badminton England. Putting the tournament of proud history to shame...

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

apparently years back that was a friendly game that ended in love. say no more

10. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    you should not forget Indonesian supporters there! I could hear their voices from the speaker
    Indonesian community arranged an event to watch the All England together (low fees for student, and free accommodation!), there should be at least 30-50 Indonesian supporters there
    I didn't go because I have an essay due next week.. if not I would go there and cheer the Indonesian pair

I didn't watch the XD match till the end, but did you hear Indonesian crowd said: HABISIN (finish them)? (like Indonesian tradition..)

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Why didn't I put that fiver on Jung/Lee at the start... MD was very strange - excellent first game, followed by total disintegration of C/F in the next two. Fu's injury meant he couldn't play touch shots? He can't play them full stop! Tbh, I think J/L would have beaten TWO C/F pairs on that kind of form; I just hope they can reproduce it in London.

The other matches were painfully uninteresting, but the results were a nice surprise (save LD/LCW).

12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Lin Dan asked LCW to swap shirt after the final.
    What he really saying was you may be still here next year but i certainly wouldn't be.
    Ladies And gentlemen , you have witnessed the last AE match between the two.

13. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Don't worry about Wang Yihan. She will be one of the three going to olympics:). I think this games was fixed even before it was played. The intention is clear from the chinese team. They want Li XueRui to overtake Saina so that they have more options. All credit to Li XueRui who played incredible badminton over the last two weeks. She is much more reliable and efficient than Chen Jin to claim the world fourth ranking:D. The true WS final between chinese players probably only happens in Olympics final like the one between Zhang Ning and Xia Xin Fang in 2008.

14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, too bad the match between the two best couldn't finish due to LCW injury...

After 9 years empty handed, finally INA bagged a title from the prestigious AE :)
    Good tactical play showed by Towi/Liliyana meanwhile anti-climax performance by Danish XD.
    Third time lucky for Liliyana after two attempts failure ;)

15. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    She will become a dominant figure soon. Let wait and see.

16. gjoo888

gjoo888 Regular Member

Whether or not the Z-Force contributed to his injury, it will be interesting to see if LCW continues to use it. Maybe the most hyped racquet of all time, Yonex has a big investment in the Z-Force.

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

lol.................:d :d :d

18. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I only managed to watch half of the Game 1 and incompleted Game 2. Although Lin Dan played with some unforced errors last night, his determination to win was there. His pace was quite fast especially in game 2. I just had a feeling that he was going to speed up and finishing the Game 2 as soon as possible. Then Lee Chong Wei decided to retire and stop Lin Dan to finish the game the way he wanted. Personally, I think Lee Chong Wei could still play if his opponent was not Lin Dan last night. During the games he felt the determination and the increasing pace of Lin Dan. He knew very well that he couldn't win game 2 and might lost very badly (likely under 10) with the injured right shoulder. I think it is a good decision to quit because the injury could get worse. I hope he could recover well in time for the olympics game.

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Applies to all female players too. I can't wait.

20. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    LD's PR and sportmanship now is an improvement in huge leaps and bounds since his younger days. We can see from the first set that he too is human, sensitive to the pressures of competitive sport (maybe against LCW only) when he faltered on 2 low serves. Plus the exchange of T-Shirts initiated by LD shows that he respects LCW and treasures the fact that this maybe LCW's last AE participation.