Best Shoes for Wide flat Feet

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by mamma, Mar 19, 2012.

1. mamma

mamma Regular Member

What would be the best badminton shoes for wide and flat feet. I am size 6.5 US mens 4e (W) wide. Since it is difficult to get a 6.5 wide, I go for size 7 . In the past this has led to all sorts of problems. I am wondering if there is a good wide shoes available.<br>Also, I have never actually got a badminton shoes, my current one is a ASCIS GEL size 7. but I am actually thinking of getting a good badminton shoes - Yonex or Victor or anyone with similar requirement having good comfort. I am in United states and it is not easy to try out some real badminton shoes - mostly it would have to be ordered online.<br><br>Please help

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    There are two issues:

For the wide feet, I used to use Mizunos. I haven't looked at the range recently but they used to market some of their badminton shoes for 'wide feet'. I agree, it've very difficult to feel comfortable with the size. I also wear some ankle supports so usually I need half a size bigger.

For the flat feet, foot prosthetics are the answer:)

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Not foot prosthetics... foot orthotics... :p :)

I know as I also have flat feet... I use orthotics in my Yonex SC5EX and SHB2000EX. They are 3E widths but I find that they're wide enough once you have orthotics supporting your medial arches.

4. wlachan

wlachan Regular Member

I have found my current pair of Victor fit my 2E feet better than the top end Yonex that I had. But every model and even individual pairs are different so you really have to try them out. Some standard width shoes fit like 2E while some 2E are quite narrow. 2 pairs of the same model can have different fit too. One thing for certain, do get badminton shoes for badminton. I used to wear running shoes, sneakers and basketball shoes for badminton and I could not move at all. My feet were under more stress than they should too.

5. phili

phili Regular Member

I recently bought the Victor 8100C which are pretty wide. You could have some trouble finding them though because it's an old model but I'm sure there is a follow-up model.

6. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Possibly the new SH9000ACE?

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Whhoops :eek: thanks for correction. :)

8. mamma

mamma Regular Member

Thanks all for your suggestions- Much appreciated

9. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

As a postscript, shuttle-house.jp has the new SHB-82W for sale in all sizes. Rather expensive ($130US) , but at least they are classified as wide.
    (That being said, the SHB-80W weren't hugely wide- but comfortable enough for my seal flippers!)

10. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

yeah, the shb-82w has a mid cut version too. perfect to fit your foot orthotics without you falling over and twisting your ankle

11. the_mentalist

the_mentalist Regular Member

Student
    hm...any suggestion to buy foot orthotics in malaysia...??..

12. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

you can get it almost any health shop/pharmacy like watsons or guardian or you regular shoe shop. they range from 50-200 though.

i dun have flat feet but i use them the Fleet gel insole for rm30 so that my feet have better push off compared to using normal yonex or asics insoles.

13. abans

abans Regular Member

IT
    I have similar trouble. I am a size 10.5 with wide feet. I bought a pair of Victor 8100C from a shop in the Bay Area (racketsupply.com). It was $85. They fit me very well. In other shoes, my feet felt scrunched. Prior to that, I was wearing Reebok court shoes.
    I have played around 15-20 hours so far in these shoes and they are very comfortable.
    I tried the spenco original (medium) insole but it screwed my right foot up. so, I went back to the stock insole that came with the shoe and it is very comfortable.
    In other reviews and conversations with Sir Dink-a-lot, the most recommended shoe was Victor 9000ACE. however, I could not find it in store in my size. I am still a big believer of trying on a shoe before buying it.

14. photossed

photossed Regular Member

Try Yonex SHB-102.
    It fits my wide feet pretty well (better than any other yonex shoes I wore)

15. Sonu Master

Sonu Master New Member

Hi, I also have a wide flat foot problem. I recently visited a physiotherapist and was diagnosed to have ITB syndrome. The doctor has highly recommended badminton shoes from Asics.

16. Sonu Master

Sonu Master New Member

Just got my Asics Gel Upcourt from Amazon.in. Trust these shoes are the best till date and a total game changer. My feet is 24.9 cms long and 10.7 cms wide. The UK size 7 fits perfectly for me. I was using UK size 8 all these days due to my wide feet problem.

I had even tried the best orthotics available in the market with brands like Dr. Scholl, but that did not help at all while playing. Orthotics work very good for normal work and pains.

Apparently these shoes look very normal. You only feel the difference after you have played 3 to 4 matches. I did not feel any knee or ankle pain as I used to have earlier.

#16 Sonu Master, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  17. druss

druss Regular Member

Best non custom orthodics are sole brand. They come in different thicknesses, anti-bacterial and are heat moldable. I have them in all my shoes. Great support and great cushion.

18. vicng87

vicng87 Regular Member

I use dr scholls active series insoles. Or edge sport. Whichever are on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
  20. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    Those are good shoes - I have the lower quality model of it and quite like it.