2012 India SS - Semi final and Finals

Discussion in 'India Open / Malaysia Open 2012' started by eaglehelang, Apr 27, 2012.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    as always, Yoo is great.

2. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

lol I don't think that defensive shot from the Korean player is in the coaching manual

3. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

I have to admit I thought the Koreans wouldn't have any problems, but it doesn't seem to be going their way at the moment.

4. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Strangely in 2009 at the India open Long chen had a lower rank than SWH and beat LCW. More recently though simon santoso was ranked about the same when he took LCW down in the japan open in 2009 also, so 2 and a half years ago, pretty good going.

5. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

smashes seem to be flying very fast in this arena

6. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    AlanY

Is this Thai pair going to the Olympics ??

7. Pacemaker

Pacemaker Regular Member

I started to see that LCW become vulnerable since his defeat against CL. And since then, he is not as good as he was back then. Now, not just CL can pull it out but as well as Shon. This clearly show us that it is not that CL is good, it is just that LCW is getting vulnerable. In fact, he reached 30 years old this year and I doubt that he will maintain a good stamina and powerful smash. Today, he made a lot of unforced error and his smash is almost nothing but his net play still good though. So who actually to blame? I bet that it is not just his ages being the factor but also his coach. Since LCW got the new coach at the start of 2011, he is just not good anymore IMO... :/

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

No wonder Peter Gade, a great player himself,was convinced Lin Dan is superior to Lee CW. I'm in good company when I call Lin Dan The Greatest Ever ! Still, hard to swallow that the 2nd Greatest Player , to me that is, could be beaten by someone not even ranked in the Top 10. Like Taufik, I'm more certain now that during the Olympics anything can happen as I've said before too. Actually, I'm rooting for LCW to win OG gold,well, we shall see...

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Now I know why LYB said Lin Dan won't be meeting LCW in the final of Olympic.

10. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

Only if INA WS can continue the dynasty of Susi Susanti era. Right now INA WS is so weak and keep losing on the R1 or R2 at most.

11. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

sometimes LCW get lose to somebody, nothing is invincible and formidable... unless that person is Lin Dan...

in conclusion, BAM should do something fast by letting the youngsters and juniors to play more tournament instead of only LCW do 'one man show' in each tournament... or else it's gonna be too late when the time of LCW retirement has come...

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Wow, the Thai youngsters won the 1st set

13. thokata

thokata Regular Member

Research student
    The Thai pair are going wild :D

14. Pacemaker

Pacemaker Regular Member

Well yeh but it is just too late. Lin Dan loose to jan o jorgensen this year also but I know ages is not a factor for LD as he is still in the early of 29 years old. Forget about LD, LCW Olympics dream might not come to reality since all 3 of the Chinese player are able to join the Olympic meanwhile LCW is all alone. I wonder how he will cop with the situation. BAM its too late...

15. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Lee Chong Wei is not vulnerable.

He set an expectation before India and he has exceeded the expectation..

One thing he should bear in mind though he should stop smashing like a crazy person..The injury can relapse anytime...

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Agreed, that would be a gross overstatement. Today's WS has become more aggressive and power play, just like the MS, and LXR's attacking prowess would most likely trouble all the past greats. It's a different ball game nowadays, a skillful stroke player could at best be like WSX, not Wang YH, Wang Xin or Li Xuerui! It's too soon to judge LXR's greatness,she has only just come up to the top and has many more years to prove herself but I'm very sure she's destined for greater heights even in today's extremely competitive age.

17. Pacemaker

Pacemaker Regular Member

I do agree with the fact that LCW smashing like a crazy person but not when he played against player like LD and CL. So basically, he should just play as normal as when he met LD and CL. I have no idea what the hell in world that caused LCW to smash like crazy against lower rank player nowadays..
    If he can beat all those 3 great wall of china (CJ, CL and LD) in the Olympics this year, he will become the greatest player I ever seen. And hopefully he can do that.

18. alans

alans Regular Member

She is the only female player to hold the Olympic, World Championship, and All-England singles titles simultaneously and still on Top over Ten years carrier . I doubt if Li Xuerui can beat Susi in her prime year, not even any CHN WS ever.

19. thokata

thokata Regular Member

Research student
    The Koreans are winning points by their tactics, while the Thais are on their wild power :cool:

20. julianng

julianng Regular Member

LCW to his gf before the tournament, "I will take you out to a good dinner after I get the winner prize money from India Open"

LCW during the final, "Ooops, I shouldn't have promised that to her... "

LOL !!!