Victor Meteor X60 ( MX60 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by roycetan, Dec 1, 2011.

1. whenry

whenry Regular Member

I don't know about MX 70 because I don't own it and never tried it. But for those who can't handle MX 80 due it's stiffness;causing elbow pain; and want to replace with "similar" characteristics should buy BS LYD, it rocks. I bought MX 60 3u, it is a good racket, you can generate more power by longer swing, but for me, a typical short-fast swing, mx 60 feels slow. Power wise MX60 > LYD > MX80; speed MX80 = LYD > MX 60; accuracy MX80 > LYD > MX60.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ well then, for the sake of us forumers, you have to try the mx70 in comparison. :)

3. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

how come the MX80 feels faster than the MX60? These supposedly have the same balancepoint and head design?

I can understand the difference in power and accuracy but the difference in speed is not quite obvious.

4. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Perhaps with the flexier shaft of the MX60, the racket head will lag behind more when you're swinging with it, making the MX60 feel like it responds less quickly. Just a guess at what he might be thinking. :rolleyes:

5. whenry

whenry Regular Member

different people have their own style; racket with the same spec will not be played the same. I am just telling what my own experience. what I consider a head heavy racket thus a slow racket; other people may say no, it is a not head heavy racket. I test it with my friends to test between MX80 and MX60, most of my friends will say that MX80 is more head heavy, but for me, it is the mx60 is head heavier.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Agreed. The flexier mx60 causes the head to lag noticeably more than mx80, eg during drives, defence.

7. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

At one point I had both 60 and 80 and the head frame design is diff. Both having the same bp wif same setup. When comes to drive and maneuver I felt 80 is faster. Even compared to the London the 80 still play faster in overall.

8. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

the bs15 is slightly head heavier and slightly stiffer and packs more power. I would definitely say the mx60 is more forgiving than the bs15. When I hold and use the mx60 it feels very fast and comfortable. It's forgiving and fast but still packs enough power for me to drop some big hits. The bs15 I've only been using in singles because it's just not fast enough in doubles for me. I love smashing with the 15 though, and I wouldn't say it's slow.. it's just slower than the 60. both strung at 25 with vs850 if it helps.. when I hold the bs15 I'm always aware of the weight in the head, but when I hold the 60 I don't really notice it.(even though it's there)

9. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    wow..u hv try all mx series. what is diff head frame design between 60 and 80?

10. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Hahaha not really, havent got a chance to swing the 70 tho :p
    The diff is not obvious between those two
    U can spot it at the head frame top edge (12 oclock)
    It had a bulge like pattern for 60 & London but not for 80
    Plus i feel the 80 top edge frame is slightly thinner than the new MX series (60 & London)
    Any sifus can confirm tis ? :)

11. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

I have juz pulled the trigger to get 3u mx 60 this afternoon. Thks for all ur help and feedback. I havent played wit it yet but the racket feel a bit heavier than my beloved bs11 after a few free swings. It cant generate the whooooost sound like bs11. Hope it dont turn out to be too heavy for my defense. Cant wait to try it on court. Was torn between it and bs lyd. Wat afraid that lyd will be too stiff for me, since i wish more power from my bs 11. Thks again for all ur sincere thoughts. NR

12. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

BS11 and MX60 are great companions :) you should definitely get more power from MX60 than BS11, hope you like it! I have both as well and they're great.

13. whenry

whenry Regular Member

try bs lyd first before you buy. I also feel that mx 60 is slow. bs lyd is much faster and it's not too stiff. I prefer BS LYD. good luck

14. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    depend how u want racket perform to you. if u want net player like lyd go for bs lyd, but if u want all rounder but toward smasher like jjs then go for mx60...imo.

15. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

In fact, MX60 is not lacking in speed and not so stiff also. Generally, it is very good in speed and power department! Nice racket as many in this thread has testified!

My 2 cents :)

16. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    yup, i dont know why mr whenry said mx60 is slow, it just a little bit slower compare to bs lyd.;)

17. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Agreed, 60 is my first entry to MX series and it serves pretty well.
    Maneuver is definitely not as fast as BS series but it aint sluggish for double games.
    Pretty good power at correct timing as the shaft is mid flex.
    May be an issue for certain players like myself hahaha thus i've changed to MX80 and London.
    Still not able to generate enough power smashes for the 80 but is superb in other areas like shot placement control and both fast attacking (drives, net kill) / defensive play. The stiffness might cause sore arm and elbow tho when overdoing.
    That's when MXL comes in for less demanding and power play hahaha, it all depends on the game i guess ~ conclusion ... i LOVE the MX series :)

#577 soulsync, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  18. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

actually, I pulled the trigger already so there's no coming back ^.^

still havent tried it on court yet... hardly wait till tonite...

this is my first try of MX series after a long time in love with BS (BS11 in particular)... hope it will turn out to be great.

I'm always feel uncomfortable to be a front man... and dont have much strength to handle too stiff rackets (my old Apac Lethal 50 felt like hammer when I used it)... love to be the back man but still need to go for the net sometimes...

will give u updates after trying my new baby on court...

@FYI: I like the LYD also, that's why I was torn between these two...

NR

19. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

Have juz back from 2hours playing wit my new mx60 It feels heavier than the bs11... So my weak defense suffers a bit... When receiving smashes, the block defense is great, but the lift defense especially forehand is a bit weak (usually to midcourt and the opponent have chance to finish the rally). For the power aspect, it's great, managed to get some powerful ones. The smash is not so fast as my bs11 but heavier. The control is great, net block is great but the net kill is a bit off maybe becoz the racket is heavy a bit for me (honestly i'm not really so comfortable to be the front man). To conclude, hpi wit my decision, but still need some more time to fully control it. hope this helps anyone who wanna pull the trigger for mx60. thks for all the information and support from all members contributing to this thread.NR

#579 niemrieng, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  20. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    to increase it maneuvering so that helping your defense i suggest u put 1-2g at but cap.