All About Djarum Indonesia Open Super Series Premier 2012(Photos,News,etc)

Discussion in 'Thailand Open / Indonesia Open / Singapore Open 20' started by miksss, Jan 9, 2012.

1. miksss

miksss Regular Member

too cold..? :p

65.jpg

pics from djarumbadminton.com

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    She was so shy....

3. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    MEN:
    Taufik
    Tontowi
    Yuhan tan
    Chris Adcock
    Jan O Jorgensen
    LYD

Initially it includes Maneepong Jongjit but I could not find his room and he was waiting at somewhere else
    It was supposed to have 7 Men and 7 Women since we were sort of Women then we decided to have 6 instead

WOMEN:
    Kim Ha Na
    Gloria Widjaja
    Greysia Polii
    Ashwini Ponappa
    Petya N
    Lilian Tan

Firdasarri was supposed to be there but she had to pull out in last minute ...luckily we got Lilian in last hour...PHEW!!!
    Make up too so long...
    China Players decided not to attend and be part of it...so sad!
    Eriko Hirose agreed but she wanted her other teammates to be included like Kawae ( Shoji'a partner) and Sayaka Sato....

The idea here to promote the players or expose the players to world of badminton..no one really know how is Yuhan,Chris,Ashwini,etc...

The welcome dinner party planning alone took time and it was not easy especially to persuade the players to be part of it.....

4. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Zhou Yun Lei, Zhang Nan and Zhong ( WD) saw Taufik in Gatot Kaca's costume and pleaded taufik to pose a pic with her ( Zhou Yun Lei)...I told here that she should participate next year....

5. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Could explain her performance :p

6. Duke Chen

Duke Chen Regular Member

i told ya i'm unemployed!
    484372_4011445122051_201382585_n.jpg

'there's an alien in the attic'

7. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

LOL...you sure it's not spiderman ?? :D

You're so lucky to witness that wsx v saina battle first hand in stadium....

8. miksss

miksss Regular Member

DIO mascott beat Katsu mascott. during Grey/Mel vs Miyuki/Satoko. i like this idea.. the other mascott is Loreng(MAS), Suju(KOR) :D

[​IMG]

9. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

"You're OWNED!!"

10. miksss

miksss Regular Member

I think the "Loreng" mascott will come out again later on KKK/TBH match. not sure about the Danes one ;)

11. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Marching Band Lights DIO Up

Carrying Badminton Heroes Arena theme, Istora Senayan courtyard was splendidly transformed into a combination of futuristic and traditional ambiance.
    [​IMG]

The courtyard provides various attractions as if it were a badminton court that depicts ultimate battles from badminton stars.

Other than that, the arena was fired up by many attractions from a marching band that plays on daily basis to entertain Istora Senayan's visitors who are having meals in Food Festival, trying some interactive games and buying souvenirs in Djarum's booths.

In the middle of the marching band play, DIOPS - DIOSSP 2012's mascot - is dancing hilariously along with mascots from other countries who also hilarious and funny. Today, the semifinal is going to be held, which world's favorites are going to perform in final? Do you have one? Don't forget to take "Pick The Winners Quiz" right after the semifinal ends this evening and comment on the matches videos of DIOSSP 2012 participants in Action of The Day, okay?

source :
    http://www.djarumbadminton.com/djar...tail/read/marching-band-hidupkan-suasana-dio/

12. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Becoming A Champion In Augmented Championship

If in 2011, Istora Senayan was transformed into a badminton planet, this year's theme is Badminton Heroes Arena. Djarum Indonesia Open Super Series Premier 2012 provides enormous interesting, cool and interactive entertainments packed with advanced technology.
    [​IMG]One of them is Augmented Championship. Not only loyal supporters, here you can also become a champion that stuns world's badminton stars and bring tens of thousands USD home.

But wait, this only exists in Augmented Championship, the latest technology provided by the organizer as additional in Badminton Heroes Arena.

You can choose in which category and whom you win from. The results of the pictures can be uploaded to Facebook or kept in your memory card.How cool is that? This attraction is provided for Istora Senayan's visitors with free of charge. What are you waiting for, be here at Istora Senayan. Support your local Badminton Heroes and join the game!

source :
    http://www.djarumbadminton.com/en/d...il/read/jadi-juara-di-augmented-championship/

13. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Waiting for SF pictures........

14. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Attack of the Giant Shuttlecocks ......

No Arena pictures from visiting BC members? Ah, well. There was carnage in the air ......

I landed in Jakarta on Friday morning, only to be greeted by the force of destruction over the Istora ...... Yup, it had become a place so "inhospitable", only heroes need apply.

Pics here:

Istora Front.jpg
    The face of a hostile land (for Malaysian shuttlers especially)

Istora Front2.jpg
    Where only Heroes are welcome ......

Istora Damage1.jpg Istora Damage2.jpg Istora Damage5.jpg
    Full scale "destructive" force from the power of a billion Fu Haifengs ......

Istora Damage3.jpg Istora Damage4.jpg
    And you could see how far the giant projectiles had penetrated the Istora bunker

15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    You know what? You should be taking over the travelling stuff - and do some national service to the BC contingent ..... wakakakaka.

16. miksss

miksss Regular Member

any pictures of the players lounge..? :D

17. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Istora; Nothing Compares

Nothing compares to Istora's rumble and the Indonesian badminton fans' uproar. The atmosphere at Istora is never quiet. The people there always cheer to give spirit for their favorites. Either from Indonesia or non-Indonesia athletes they admired.
    [​IMG]For instance, the people gave a full support for Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen from Denmark who played against Malaysian Double Koo Kean Keat/Tan Boon Heong. Unpleasant sentiments when Malaysian atheletes were in action made the public supported the Denmark's Double, they are also thankful for this.

"We are truly thankful to the people who supported us, we are very pleased being able to win. And Istora was indeed one of our favorite places, Here the atmosphere is always festive," Boe admitted after the match.

The overseas photographer too praised Istora's crowds. "I have seen many games in many countries, but only Indonesia has this enthusiasm, and I love it," Yves, a Badminton Photo stated.

Istora has its own characteristic. With strong enthusiasm and Badminton culture make Istora so magical to whoever performs here. "Playing at Istora too have its own challenge," Said former athlete, Luis Pongoh.

Istora, assemble your energy for tomorrow's final!

source :
    http://www.djarumbadminton.com/en/djarum-indonesia-open/news/detail/read/istora-tak-ada-duanya-1/

18. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Saina: I Feel Like Home

Indonesia is indeed one of Saina Nehwal's favorite places. How it isnt? This will be Saina's fourth final (in Indonesia). She was once a champion in 2009 and 2012, while last years she was stunned by Wang Yihan in the ultimate match.
    [​IMG]This time, Saina too has leveled her previous record where she could breach final round. She reached final after stunning Korean's Single, Sung Ji Hyun in two games straight, 22 - 20 and 21 - 18.

"Yesterday I played longer and it was quite exhausting but I am delighted to win this game," Saina admitted.

Saina also thanked to the supporters who stoodd behind her at Istora. "I am really thankful, there are many people here who support me, I feel like at home," She stated.

For tomorrow's final, she will play with nothing to lose and try to enjoy the match. "The last time I lost from Li was in All England, so tomorrow I am going to play and enjoy it as well as not putting much pressure," she said.

Saina will take on Li Xeurui who stunned the first seed as well as defending champion Wang Yihan with 21 - 17 and 21 - 14.

source :
    http://www.djarumbadminton.com/en/djarum-indonesia-open/news/detail/read/saina-i-feel-like-home-1/

19. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Sorry miksss, I am not the one for lounging around - aka not-having-a-pass-to-take-sneek-pictures-of-the-players-lounge ......

Instead, what I have, are these ......

Djarum1.jpg Djarum2.jpg

The new "facelift" for a historic arena

Djarum Map.jpg
    Where you need a map to navigate through

Djarum Sign.jpg
    And if you are poor with maps, just follow the signs

Djarum Food.jpg
    Food booths dominate - new on the menu, is sushi .....

Djarum Bazaar.jpg
    There are also celebrity bazaars. Err, I suppose they are selling their personal clothing? Among the, ahem, celebrities is a certain Miss Polii

Djarum Merchandize.jpg
    PB Djarum merchandise too .......

Djarum Sneek Peak.jpg

Where you get a sneek peek of the Djarum girls from half a mile away

Djarum Scoreboard.jpg
    The live scoreboards are powered by big touchscreen sets ..... nice menu configuration too. You can see anything, including players' particulars

Djarum Clothing.jpg
    And there's an, ahem, clothing design competition, using shuttlecock-based material .....

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Inside the Istora .....

Here are some, err, classical pictures within the Istora building .....

Inside Corridor.jpg
    Nicely lined corridor ......

Inside MeetnGreet.jpg
    With a meet and greet place

Inside OSIM.jpg
    OSIM Booths - this is one of them

Inside BliBli.jpg
    BliBli online retailer store .... watch out for their "stewardesses", dressed in old Pan Am style uniform of the 1960s. Yup, the stewardesses would prove to be the Djarum Girls' biggest challenge.

Inside Challenge.jpg
    Badminton challenge booth - virtual badminton, that is

Inside InfoScreen.jpg
    More info screen, held up heroically by DIO .... pity the guy

Inside Recharge.jpg
    Recharge station - mobiles and camera totting folks jostle to take positions halfway thru the q-final and semi final sessions

Secretariat.jpg
    And this - is not the picture of the Istora. This is the Secretariat booth at the Sultan Hotel.