Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired

Now, now, somebody thinks he is so clever and now tries to "belittle" a reporter who is merely reporting on what a professional has said. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, it is to be expected of him for he even condemns his own badminton association and it officials blatantly in these columns. He thinks he is better than all of them, has the right to belittle BCers as well and has the licence to make such outrageous remarks with impunity. :rolleyes:

4. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    The easier it is, the more pressure it becomes to LCW.

5. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    Simon Santoso and Kenichi Tago are going to make him suffer.

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Somehow I feel LCW is unconsciously pressurising himself when he said:

"...“A gold medal will validate my career. I don’t have an Olympic gold medal, my country doesn’t have an Olympic gold medal, this gold is important for me and for my country,” said the 29-year-old."

7. victory

victory Regular Member

So pessimistic?;)

8. victory

victory Regular Member

LCW 's chances to get the gold medal reduced tremendously after the injury. Yes he need some luck and he should focus one match at a time.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i have had sprained my ankle before. and it healed in 6 weeks without any special care.

LCW has the best doctors in the country helping him recover. he is working on other parts of his body 12 hours a day. i think at this point, everything is just smoke screen. for all we know, he is probably as in form as ever, he will be fit to play..

10. victory

victory Regular Member

Really? Let it be smoke screen then. So you are smart enough to see through the smoke screen ya?;)

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    In about two weeks, the truth will be out...

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I don't see anything wrong with his comments. What is questionable is how you perceive him to be someone who dares to make such comments. Why can t he? This is Malaysia, not Singapore. The reporter came across as naive and let s not be naive; the media has first hand contact ( not always) then they synthesize it ( in Singapore, the word is sanitize) so we are getting second hand news through their lenses. Accepting 100% or even 50% as truth is naive. MAS officials are used to criticism, they know what they have been up to and they know the critics can only talk but cannot act, so they continue with what they have been criticised for doing. You could just defend the reporter by rebutting his post directly instead of giving your opinion of him like a headmaster. Deal with him directly. Give him a tongue lashing you think he so deserves. He s not a kid, he won't cry. Just be prepared for what you may get in return. ( oh by the way, in Singapore, there are a lot of yesmen because it seems if you criticise the PAP, your name gets listed and you get monitored... Unfortunately because of the yesmen feeding misguided info, PAP lost many votes in the last election. And the most unexpected news and perhaps trend is The Straits Times actually is starting to slowly lose its circulation! I have asked some who used to read it why they quit it. By the way this is an exploratory survey, not quantitative. The reason? It s perceived as an unofficial PAP mouthpiece and they don t want that for daily company. You want to show and hear nice things, sure. You can control what is given out but you cannot control what is rejected. This is one way MAS is different from SGP. Don't expect MAS to follow the SGP way.)

13. victory

victory Regular Member

Hold it. Hold it. Pj, cool down.

I feel for you. My cousin in Singapore lamented the lack of press freedom and yesman syndrome ( and MANY OTHER THINGS!!) in Singapore in facebook many times.

But what about create a Singapore lacking of press freedom and has too many yesmen title bro?:)

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    That is your opinion and those are your views. They need not necessarily gel with mine. We are different.

Neither do I expect another country to follow my country and vice versa. Those are your words not mine and the negative and "rote" thinking you hold that I don't have to share. Of course SGP is different and that was why we chose to leave and stand on our own almost half a century ago.

When interests coincide and a fair amount of understanding and hospitality is displayed, it makes for a more congenial relationship. But change is constant and therefore relations can also change depending on circumstances. MAS and SGP can now be said to be in the best of relations and we should not rock the boat as such.

But I expect a certain amount of decorum, not the kind of unthinking remarks and accusations that a few
    posters try to throw at random. This I will defend to the best of my ability.

15. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I absolutely wanted to post the same thing to Alany's post :)
    I agree with you. But maybe it's just a translation mistake and he didn't said that dramatically.

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Haha, you should ask your cousin to try ... then we shall see what happens...

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    LCW will need to focus one step at a time (in his footwork)

Agree. :):):)

Not only should LCW focus one match at a time, not also one step at a time (in his footwork), when running on court.

Any players who have suffered from an ankle-sprain before would remember how careful they needed to be, when returning to play.

Players that weren't careful, for example - by pointing their toes in the wrong direction (when running), they would tell us that they have found some strain again (from their injured ankle).

In other words, LCW won't be 100% physically and mentally fit for this 2012 Olympic event. :(:(:(

#8397 chris-ccc, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Bcers have much much more outrageous remarks abt Msian players and you all dont complain. This includes whether the colour of the players hair, accessories that they wear, etc. Plus personal attacks so, this is nothing.As discussed in the BAM thread, BC members are prepared to run BAM, its just we dont habe the right connections to ever get in. Sure we can critise BAM, sports associations, a portion of their budget are taxpayers money, Malaysia taxpayers money.Plus the President and one of the Vice Presidents are from GLC co - Proton, Maybank

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I like the attitude of MAS BCers: Free to speak out, as I am happy with our AUS BCers (being free to speak out too).

I find some BCers from some countries are careful with how they make their posts (examples: BCers from CHN, HKG, SIN, etc, etc, ...). Perhaps, they might think that their governments/national associations/peers/etc, etc, ... are monitoring their posts. ;););)

20. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    BCers put up articles from various media all the time, this and that, here and there. Afterall this is a forum. A forum lives off suggestions, opinions and ideas, brainstorming and we affirm or we disagree. But never, personal attacks. So you mean to say that if anyone put up an article from the media, some BCer disagrees, it will be construed as a personal attack on the reporter? :eek: Goodness me.

It has always been a Platinum benchmark of mine, to address the issue at hand. Not the person personally. To address matter pertaining to the issue. It is what I think of the 'mental block' story and it is my own belief that the LD stare does not hold water, and that's it. How in the world it came about that I was belittling the journalist??:confused:

Come on. It is those who always make remarks personally and not addressing the issue at hand that came about hatching my so-called plot to shoot down the journalist? I have no thorny issues with the journalist, mind you. Likewise, about the subject so long ago pertaining to Professor Khoo Kay Kim commenting on LCW not as perfect a player as yesteryear players ie Eddy Choong, I vehemiently defended LCW. Does this mean I was belittling the journalist??:confused: Likewise, now I am solely commenting on the issue at hand.

Herein, lies the problem, because the way your clock ticks and the way my water runs, is different from you. :D

PS: The little 'somebody' connotation serves very little purpose other than creating warfare and destabilizes the positive spirit of the forum.:D

#8400 Pakito, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012