2012 London Olympics Day 4 (Tuesday 31st July)

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by kwun, Jul 30, 2012.

1. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

I take your point but you can't disqualify the Koreans for throwing a match when they won. No doubt though terrible news for badminton, BWF let this go on for way too long and it's came back to bite them big style

2. okiazr

okiazr Regular Member

merchant
    plz change back the draw to normal drawingjust like in super series tournament.... or if bwf insist ro use group stage, use rules that only one from each group can qualified to the next round...

3. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    But during qualifying for the Olympics you have a chance that either of the teams will throw a match in the final to help the other get more points if they need it.

4. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

Gail Emms had just tweeted that tomorrows schedule has finally been released, all four mixed pairs involved today are included.

Guess that means there will be no action taken.

5. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Sorry, I also think BWF and IOC are partly to blamely, with the round robin system, I think if they had sorted it out like the World Championships

6. sen

sen Regular Member

And also waiting for BWF to come on twitter on this. The media BWF, Jan Lin is a friend of Greysia.

7. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    Depends on your definition of "Winning" in the context of that match. Both teams had nothing to gain by winning the match and but losing the match they gain better draw positions. So in reality I think it is the Chinese who "won" the match since they would get a better draw position. I don't remember another team beside the #2 CHN team that beat #1 CHN team.

8. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    well,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,

The group system does not work in badminton , especially when 2 teams are able to qualify.. it is not cheating , but taking advantage of this stupid group stage system . Hopefully BWf will learn from this and have a full review after the event..........

There might be a warning letter to those teams who played their match in an inappropriate manner , but nothing more I would not think

9. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Ok, I just read the news off the BBC website, who did Berg give the black card to? And are they disqualified?

10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

This is the KOR vs INA match, black card was produced, but was rescinded by the referee after protests from INA.

11. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

We had group style matches here in high school. The problem is that the draw is released too early so you know who the top two of each group play who. I think the problem would be solved if there is a random drawing on which group plays who at the end of the individual grip matches.

12. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

Wouldn't have helped here. Once ZYL/TQ finished second in their group YY/WXL would still have to have finished second in their group. This is to ensure they would miss each other in the quater finals (the next round). With these two potent pairs finishing second there would be a scramble to finish second in the other two groups.

13. throx

throx New Member

Random drawing after the matches are done don't solve anything, this could make it even easier to fix matches. Just pay some money under the table, construct the draw exactly the way you want and call it random. Nobody can prove it isn't random, and it will increase suspicion in the tournament.

I don't know why this is such a big deal. If they lose deliberately to manipulate their seedings it's because they won enough matches to put themselves in the position to do so. They can only lose because they've won. If you are in position to maximize your chances to win but don't do it, you aren't very smart.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."
    — John Steinbeck

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

They were actually going to show some of Yao Jie's match on tv but because of the delay in this match there was no time for it :rolleyes:. DQ's all around!

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    comments from Greysia:

source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19072677

c
    omments from Korean coach:

source: http://ca.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idCABRE86U1NA20120731

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    comments from Yu Yang:

source: http://ca.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idCABRE86U1NA20120731?pageNumber=3&virtualBrandChannel=0

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Typical! Any excuse not to show badminton on tv!

18. sen

sen Regular Member

Those who blame the players, should be aware that if you are full time players and face with this kind of situation, you would be tempted not to give your best too so would you or would you not still give 100% ?

I believe majority of people would not.

Those who wrote that because of the WD players, badminton should not be in Olympic, I would say that maybe more than 80% of people in this world would keep money which they found lying on the street. How many would not pick it if they do not know who is the owner?

People with integrity are very few in this world. Why punish the whole badminton community when most people would do it anyway given the situation.

#998 sen, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  19. Bao

Bao Regular Member

hahahahhaha

sometimes I LOL just think that the main source of the problem is KAMILLA RYTHL JUHL/PEDERSSSEN !!! Why they "PUNCH" Zhao Yunlei/Qing Tian + Chinese Team under LYB
    after that, here we go for the DRAMA!!!

hahahhahahaha, just kidding:D:D:D

#999 Bao, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i started the day (literally) with a headache. and this is not helping it at all.