2012 Olympics Day 9 - Men's Double Finals (Gold/Bronze)

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by kwun, Aug 4, 2012.

?

who will win Men's Doubles Gold?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2012.
  1. Cai Yun / Fu Haifeng (CHN)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mathias Boe / Carsten Mogensen (DEN)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    Unfortunately not all the evil forces were defeated on that day, Nehwal gets to talk with lots of hot air from now on using her bronze medal lift her nose up high.

Whatever it is, China will always be ready to put these sore losers and arrogant people back in their place.

2. *chance*

*chance* Regular Member

Oh just let it go you Saina-haters. It's the other countries fault to not do anything against the chinese in WS as well. At least she has beaten them in the past and has the ability to do it in the future too. She is still young and will gain maturity and experience. Also it's not her fault that Wang Xin is injured.

3. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

I certainly wanted the Chinese to beat the Danes but even I think that's a bit harsh calling them the evil forces :p

4. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    It's not only her who is arrogant but the Indian media as well. If you read the sports news all over India you will see how hard they try to justify Saina's walkover as a worthy 'win' and how she deserved the bronze medal. It is truly disgusting and when I tried to give the slanted articles a more balanced view, they simply removed my post, can you believe it? So much for democracy and freedom of speech in India. The whole country is so desperate for a medal especially Saina; it is pathetic. You could see her eagerness when she went up to the umpire, after Wang Xin had already given up in G2, to pressure him to make the walkover call. The Indian media is always making the Chinese look like 'villains' and 'cheats' while the Indians are righteous and magnanimous. Deep in their hearts, they possess such great admiration and envy for the Chinese but they will never admit it - and i think that is their true weakness. I honestly believed Wang Xin would be able to shut the whole nation up if she hadn't been injured, but maybe it is a blessing in disguise for the Chinese to present the ignorant Indian mass a false sense of hope and arrogance for the next 4 years.

5. badders2006

aww come on, just give the Indians their moment of olympic glory.

They don't get many ;)

6. Blazers OTK

Blazers OTK Regular Member

Student
    Happy to see Fu & Cai finally take the Gold medal. Though I was sad that my favourite pair of Lee Yong Dae and Chung/Jung Jae Sung didn't get through to the final :( I think they would have given a much more dynamic, exciting and closer game. It certainly felt like a bit of an ant-climax in the arena after the singles match, though that could be just me? I think the Danes put up an okay fight, but Fu & Cai seemed more in control.

7. badders2006

cai.fu vs lyd/jjs = explosive match!!!!!! :D

8. giant_q_tip

giant_q_tip Regular Member

i agree, that was my dream match as well and i looked forward to that match since forever lol. was heartbroken that they didnt make it to the finals. but hey, its badminton. anything can happen

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Bah. Watching the match, and glad I wasn't there.....I would've screamed at Boe by 18:13 in the first. Getting fooled by flick serves because he is SLOW and GUESSES where the serve is going, and then complaining about CY moving his body side to side before the serve (the first time I saw that way of serving was Lars Paaske - so it couldn't have been unfamiliar to Boe???)....and then the way he shouts in his opponents' faces every time he wins a rally -.-
    Anyway, very concentrated effort by CY/FHF. CY looked like he wanted to strangle one of the Danes at times - but managed to keep his cool :D

10. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    Congrats to CY and FHF, but I didn't really enjoying watching this final, especially after the MSF. No really good sustained rallies for my taste. I wish they had a speed radar, because it seemed like the bird was too fast because I have never seen the Chinese struggle so much on smash defense, not that the Danes don't smash well but usually it take more than one or two smashes to break them down.

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Didnt i said it makes CY/FHF much-much easier to win the Gold if they play BOMO instead of LYD/CJS......

Congratulation CY/FHF.............a true Olympic Champion !!

12. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    so thats beeing said this is the moment of glory for china badminton, i dont think other country will achieve the same thing it just too extraordinary. And we just come to the end of the fabulous badminton tournament:(, 4 years from now i hope badminton still playing in the olympic 2016 in Brazil.

13. Alapongtai

Alapongtai Regular Member

first off, hats off to both LD and LCW. both of them did a wonderful job...kinda sad lcw didnt win but im a bigger fan of LD lol.

congrats to CY/FHF! they really deserve it but i concur lyd/jjs & cy/fhf wouldve been a better match.
    i really dislike the danes now...after watching them play against the koreans. where are the effin manners man. shame on them.

congrats to LXR as well!! she will shine for the next decade

14. Siege

Siege Regular Member

With this win, they're simply the best men's doubles team in badminton history. Congratulations CY & FHF!

15. oasis123

oasis123 Regular Member

Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng have proven themselves are the greatest mens double players of all times!!! Well done! Love you guys ;)

16. F1_shuttle

F1_shuttle Regular Member

I just had to post and say how much I hate the Danes' on court behaviour. They are always hyper aggressive who stare down and/or verbally abuse their opponents whenever they win a point. Boe's delay tactics always rubs me the wrong way. But having said all this, I have a feeling they are better off the court.

And agree with many people here who said that Denmark did China a favour by beating the Koreans. It would have been a much tougher final (and probably a better match also!)

17. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    This has always stuck me as one of the most interesting things about sports such as badminton vs rowing or sprints. In competitions against 6-8 others, people seem pretty happy with bronze and silver. Whereas it really touched my heart to see Lee Chong Wei's watery eyes (reminded me of Dong Jiong losing to Larson and weeping in 1996) after getting silver.

I do wonder if it's because in such versus sports, the defeat is between just you and your opponent?

Also, I'm just curious about that supposed bad behaviour of the Danes. I stopped watching international badminton around 2009 and only just started watching again so haven't seen them play much. What sort of stuff do they get up to that's given them bad rep to some people in these forums?

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Quick thought on the MD Gold match..

..what a difference it was in terms of intensity after the heart-pounding and nerve-wrecking MS Final match..Yes, the match could've been much better..

Both pairs tried to play more of a fast, flat, net controlled approach but turned out to be more of an error-filled 2nd game..Not interesting..

Perhaps it would've been a much better match if it was played between the KOR and CHN...

But congrats to CY & FHF for winning their last missing major title; and at the same time they should give a big thank you to the Danes for clearing the hurdle by beating CJS & LYD..

19. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    One more title missing : Asian Games ...that is a really difficult tournament to win. Even Tony Gunawan and Kim Dong Moon never won it in MD.

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

They are the greatest MD pair ever anyway, even with the AG title missing. No one else has won 3 WC titles, they have 4....2 Olympic medals, 2 AE championships and countless SS/GP titles....and dominating for 7 years whenever they played - apart from Lee/Jung no one could stand up to them....