Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

[​IMG]
    Was glad to see he can still smile..

2. george@chongwei

Some pictures from yesterday...
    [​IMG]
    Painful picture to see...

3. george@chongwei

4. george@chongwei

Pictures from the court..
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Heard the RTM commentator mentioned some makcik fainted or have a heart attack just watching the game live.

It's just like watching soccer penalty kick.

Even Li Yongbo had to stand up a few times.

6. george@chongwei

Yup, badminton is such a big sport here in Malaysia.. Really crazy, even some of my friends who don't watch sports or badminton also talking about LCW and badminton the whole week.. my FB was also flooded by LCW's posts and comments and pictures..

Meanwhile, those who still interested with the free nasi kandar... good news for you as the free nasi kandar is ON, despite LCW failed to land the gold medal..;)

PETALING JAYA: A free meal is still on the menu at Original Penang Kayu Nasi Kandar for Datuk Lee Chong Wei’s success in clinching a silver medal at the London 2012 Olympics badminton tournament.
    Restaurateur Burhan Mohamed said he was still providing the free meal from 7pm to 10pm today at its SS2 outlet here because Chong Wei had made Malaysia proud.
    “He is still our hero. He is still our champion,” said the managing director of the restaurant chain yesterday.
    “There is no shame in getting an Olympic silver. He has done his best. I am going ahead with the free meal for my customers as a mark of respect and admiration for Lee Chong Wei.”
    Customers would be treated to a set meal plus a cordial drink.
    Earlier, the restaurant pledged to give free dinner to patrons at its outlet here if Chong Wei won the gold medal.
    Burhan added that he felt that all Malaysians shared the same sentiment as he did.

7. george@chongwei

My condolence...
    [h=1]Man in Sarawak dies after Lee loses match[/h][h=2][/h]

KUCHING: A man died while watching the intense badminton match between national player Datuk Lee Chong Wei and China’s Lin Dan in a coffeeshop in Serian some 60km from here.
    The man, who was eating a bowl of kolok mee, suddenly collapsed in the crowded shop as Lin Dan was celebrating his victory after the hard-fought battle.
    “He was seen cheering during the first set but after Lin Dan won, he collapsed and never regained consciousness.
    “We are still trying to identify him and trace his family.
    “The only information we have is that he was from Taman Angreik,” said Serian police chief DSP Mohd Jamali Umi.

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Thank you, Chong Wei!

Chong Wei, I am sorry you didn't win the Gold. But Lin Dan was the better finisher, and I think you know it.

But you have my respect. You are a champion. You are a legend of your time, and of the game.
    You gave pleasure to millions of fans all over the world, and made us all believe miracles are possible, by getting over your injuries, and other problems, (even tolerating dodos around you!) and doing whatever it took to get to the finals.
    Where you met Lin Dan.

I know you enjoyed the game. Maybe not the result, so much.
    But as long as you enjoy playing pro badminton, please don't stop.
    We will enjoy watching you play; but we get more than just great badminton from watching you.
    We derive a belief in the power of the human will. You are a daily inspiration to all of us.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are immense!!

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

2014 AG according to NST article. Will post it later after work. Hard to copy & paste from phone.

#8629 eaglehelang, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  10. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I am really really impressed with Dato LCW performance in the 2012 OG Final against World No.1 who possibly the best MS Badminton Player ever, LD. LCW fought with spirit of Gold, his supporters have to be really proud of him. In my humble opinion, the reason of why LCW lost the Gold, is simply LD more fortunate.

All the best for LCW.

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Let me help... :)

Not going anywhere
    06 August 2012
    http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/not-going-anywhere-1.121463

Excerpts:

..."I can only thank the nation for the support that I have received for this has played a major part in my success. I may be a silver medallist again but I hope the nation understands that I tried my best. In fact, I didn't expect to make the final for when I came to Bath (for the final phase of training), I was only 50 per cent ready but I worked very hard in Bath and this paid off in the Olympics," said Chong Wei.

..."I didn't go into the final with any pressure as I knew that I had to fight if I wanted to win the gold and I am proud, despite losing, for staying in there till the end."

...but when the shuttle trickled over and Lin Dan won the point, I couldn't help but feel that luck was once again favouring him."

..."I suppose it is my fate that I am in the same era as Lin Dan and I can only express my admiration for him. He has worked very hard to stay where he is and, seeing as I won silver again (laughs), so have I.
    "This is not the end for me though as I will go on for at least two more years. I want to win the Asian Games gold (for the first time) and also defend the Commonwealth Games title in 2014."

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It's the effort that counts

To LCW ... It's the effort that counts; You have played well.

13. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    This is like the romance of three kingdoms where there was Zhou Yu and Zhu Ge Liang, both were great strategists but Zhu Ge Liang was greater. Zhou Yu was always overshadowed by Zhu Ge Liang. Just as LCW is always overshadowed by Lin Dan.

14. shooka

shooka Regular Member

Student
    既生瑜何生亮....

15. superdick

superdick Regular Member

great rivalries are always fun to watch. like morten frost x yang yang, lim swie king x han jian, ardy wiranata x zhao jianhua etc.

but none as long as lin dan x lee chong wei.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    he can play until 35 if he want to.
    his heart will go on.
    this defeat will strive him on

17. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    lcw, lin dan already know you as so powerful in smashing. He didnt lift the shuttle when your point tie at 18-18 even you force him by net play shoot. He takes a risk to return the shuttle by net play too rather lift up the shuttle to you. And so you have no chance to use your smash to get the point. I would suggest, if that situation happen for next tournament and your point tie near to match point, wait in front of net than use your net killing because he will not lift the shuttle. i mean like this picture. View attachment 128270

18. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I remembered that this was not the first time LD had done this admirable shot, perhaps he had mastered it. he hit the shuttle where it was just about in line with the tape, therefore it was either went really speedy flat, it hit the tape and fell which was the risk or it hit the tape and rolled over to the opponent court which would bring him a point. The possibility to win a point is more than 60%, given two possibilities for winning a point. What i admire the most is LD confidence that the shot would give him point, if it did not bring him point given the critical situation 18-16 down in a 3rd set of OG Final with LCW in lead, the situation will be favoring LCW. This is a point which is really decisive and LCW admitted he has lost the confidence & momentum in that situation. The shot LD had initiated was a shot which turned the momentum back to LD favor

As i could recall correctly, LD has done the shot as well on 2011 WC Final against LCW, however, that time the shuttle goes flat to the back which gave LD a point as well. At the early stage of the match in 2011 WC Final, LD had also tried the shot twice but the shuttle just hit the tape and fell on LD's court.

Given the situation LD faced, and the willingness of him to execute the shot and took the risk, i could say the amount of confidence LD possessed is enormous. For beating up LD, LCW must not loss confidence at that time and get the momentum back to him again, it was a tough mission though. I have to admit that although there was still an element of fortune in 2012 OG Final which favoring LD, there was also an element of brilliance from LD which was executing the right shot at the right moment and the outcome was fruitful for him. Should the shot had been executed while the score was not towards the end of the Gold Medal Point, the momentum would not be shifted a lot. Should the shuttle just get through the tape and landed at the back of the court, LCW might think that, he had not anticipated LD shot correctly and put the blame to him. However, the disaster is that the shuttle hit the tape and fell on LCW court at the crucial time which shocked LCW confidence by thinking that The God of Fortune is once again with LD, it is something that beyond LCW reach and the momentum had shifted to LD's favor, this was the turning point of the Gold Medal match and dictate the outcome of this Mega Event the badminton world had ever witnessed.

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Frankly all of LCW's fans meant well with their show of support, encouragement and sympathies.

But to LCW, what counted most is the Olympic gold medal. In case fans say he lost the gold to LD, it is not the case. It is LD who held the gold and it is for him to lose it but he didn't. He retained his gold medal and made badminton Olympic history. LCW also retained his silver as consolation.

LCW is a very sad and dejected man and whatever kind words fans may want to convey, it is of no use to him now. Let time heal his wounds so that in his quiet time he is in a better position to think of his future.

20. george@chongwei

Found this from facebook..[​IMG]