APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

you can only compare the cosmetic aspects of these rackets here, save your precious time and resources for other worthwhile comparisons.

2. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Pls. They feel diff like night and day. The yonex will definitely be better simply by it's vibration control and stability. I know cos I had both brands

3. Mat Jie

Mat Jie Regular Member

that pays enough
    do you have any experience playing with vh2000 or t500? comparing them to vh1800, which is better?

4. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    sorry bro, i didn't played with vh2000 or tantrum 500, i don't have those rackets.
    i have a tantrum 200, but i think it is totally different with tantrum 500 since t200 is more stiffer than t500.

5. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    i dont know how the racket feels like, but apacs' racket is quite good for the price(although they are YY's copycat)....
    i has an edgesaber z-slayer, of course it wont feel like the original z-slash, but still a good racket.....
    considering it's 1/5 of the price of the original z-slash, it's truly value for money....

6. Nightbird

Nightbird Regular Member

Good luck and enjoy your game..I personally haven't played with the mentioned rackets but Apacs rackets are certainly on par with most major brands.Many of my club members have made the switch and they are very pleased.Just try out different string and tension combinations to find your comfort zone or hitting zone:)

7. minimarcy

minimarcy Regular Member

Digital Advertising
    Well, thank you!
    Hoping to perhaps start a review blog some time in the next year - so I'll keep a good record of all equipment I use in the coming months to share with you guys here! Cheers for the replies everyone!

8. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    Certainly worth considering, thanks! Let's have the speed of the Lethal 110 and the power of the Lethal 70 against their Yonex comparisons.

9. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Just got/will get a whole slew of Apacs rackets:
    -2xFinapi 77 II
    -Tantrum 200
    -Slayer 88
    -Lethal 90

Apart from the Finapi, these are the higher end rackets. Will review them in a couple weeks/months time due to how long it takes for them to arrive as well as getting used to each one.

From what I've read about all of them, they all fit my game in different ways. Of course I'll do my best to string them all at same tension and with the same string (as often as possible). Will report back in due time! =)

From what I read though, overall the order seems to be: T200>L90/Slayer 88>Finapi 77 II

You might be wondering why I got so many..well it wasn't to test them out and review them, it was because I ordered a few from the same place, so I wanted to make the most use out of the shipping costs and just in case one of them breaks.

I'll compare them to AT900P/T, Wilson Ktour, Apacs Nanotubes 9900.

10. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    Yonex Nanospeed 9900 (Head Light) Nano 9900
    Yonex ArcSaber Z-Slash (Even-Balanced) Lethal 70
    Yonex Voltric 80 / Z-Force (Heavy Heavy) Finapi 88

11. minimarcy

minimarcy Regular Member

Digital Advertising
    Hi folks,
    Recently received my Lethal 9, and just waiting on the arrival of a Finapi 88. I'll try and test them both over the next couple of weeks, and get back you on my thoughts!
    Anyone want to know anything in particular?

12. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

I agree. I was an APACS fan and used ~ 10 different rackets, including T200, VHs. Now they are all resting in my showcase. After using VT80 & VTZFL I am not going anywhere :)

13. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

To be honest, I don't expect the cloned versions of the rackets to be as good as the originals, the specs just aren't the same. But that's not to say APACS doesn't have its own great rackets. I'm sure if you compared Apacs with an equally-priced Yonex/Victor, the Apacs would be much better.

When we look at Apacs' own line like the Slayers, Lethals, and Tantrums (just to name a few) we can get a better idea of what they're capable of. And just as in every quality line, there are some good and some greats.

I just hope that no one is denouncing the entire Apacs brand after trying only the clone rackets. Try something like Slayer 88/99, Lethal 60/70/90, Tantrum 200/300/500. Even the Lurid series have been known to be good.

Yonex/Victor rackets are obviously not that much better than other brands, if you're just going by the cost. Why? Because a lot of that money does go into things like marketing, tournament sponsoring, player sponsoring, ads.

Just a few of my thoughts.

14. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

I am back with my APACS VH2000/VH1800 after using the Voltrics (80 and ZFL) for nearly 9 months. Well, I have to say that the performance of VHs are not like ordinary rackets. With a $60 price tag, I think I get more than what I paid. Anyways... I will go back to the VTs after re-stringing, but I will keep my APACS as back ups.

#5034 sxg2009, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  15. Nict_26

Nict_26 Regular Member

just a job
    tried de finapi 88, good value for money, head slightly heavy compared to lethal 8. overall, smashes are good if nt better den lethal 8. clears oso better....2 thumbs up!!

16. minimarcy

minimarcy Regular Member

Digital Advertising
    Agreed - after playing with both the finapi 88 and lethal 9, the finapi has definitely become my weapon of choice for now :)

17. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

has anybody tried the Lethal 18? any reviews would be much appreciated. thanks

18. Nict_26

Nict_26 Regular Member

just a job
    yes so has de rest of my rackets which will be in my hall of fame, i m having de fleet clone voltrant is way too headlight, althou defense wise itz good but tis finapi 88 fits jus like a lost puzzle.... :)

19. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    any reviews on the Finapi 212 Green racket?

20. enuun

enuun Regular Member

Educator
    I just bought 2 rackets but I cant seem to find anything on them
    Lethal 66 7u
    Nano Speed 787 5u
    Chose them because they were light enough for my wife to play.