French Open SS Day 6 - Finals (28th Oct 2012)

Discussion in 'French Open / Bitburger Open 2012' started by gopalprasad, Oct 27, 2012.

1. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Agree! Only time will tell

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think we spectators and fans also need a break after two successive weeks of ... badminton. :)

3. naistav

naistav Regular Member

After this match, will Issara/Jongjit:
    1. Review their game style, to manage their smashes spending wiser; or
    2. They still able to improve their stamina to coupe with 3 tight sets of smashing game.
    3. Nah, this level can beat average pairs.
    I think they will do no.3 for 2-3 years and then switch to no.1 after that :D

4. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Btw, congratulations for LYD/KSH.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

China hasn't yet figured out who to replace Cai Yun when he retires or who to partner Fu Haifeng. For the Koreans, they have found their replacement of JJS in Ko Sung Hyun as just shown.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For me, Ma Jin's achievement this two weeks equal Zhao Yunlei's double Olympic golds.

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Mighty Mitani!!! :eek::cool::cool::cool::D:D

Congratulations for a historic win, many more to come from you and the other Japan WS girls!

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Mitani Minatsu,thank you, you make my day!

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    This guy is totally crap.. His comparisons and hypothetical situations everything can be seen in dreams not in the real world.. The questions like
    1) If wang xin did not get injury, she would have won against saina.. ?

How come you say that if you did not finish the match... Only if you stay at court and finish it, then it would be considered as a complete match.. Otherwise , opponent is a winner.. Simple explanation. I dont wanna give complex explanation and waste my time here.

2) Lucky draw!!!!. How pathetic.. Have you seen her playing wang yihan , tine baun, Julian Schenck, Minatsu Mitani in the run to gain the Denmark title .. This is called as easy draw for you.. Only li xuerui got easy draw.. Li got sindhu (who was world rank no.24) at that time when she played Li ning china masters.. She won it comfortably...

3) Without top players participation?..

Who you call as top players.. Wang yihan and Li xuerui.?..Already said, they both lost their games in denmark open in quarters and semis respectively... Saina has proved when all the top players participated in Denmark open /// All the top players participated except two in French open.. These two did not prove their mark in Denmark open.. Then whom you are referring too..

Before coming to speak about world players, correct your badminton system from match fixing.. Then come and talk here..

10. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Just my two cents worth, it is extremely demanding physically to smash their way through an entire match. Don't think it is feasible in the long run, especially when age catches up. I guess it'll be better to develop themselves in all aspects of the game. With a wider range of shots in the arsenal, they can outplay their opponents by using variation instead of pure aggression to gain the upperhand

#370 nizze, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  11. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Haven't Fu Haifeng also repeatedly said that he retires when Cai Yun does? So if Fu Haifeng has any say in this China might be having a VERY rough Mens Double period coming up.

12. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Will FHF continue playing if CY retires?

13. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Agree. MDs had always been CN's weakest discipline until CY/FHF came along.
    At this point in time, their current MD pairs have yet to show that they can be CY/FHF successor.

#373 nizze, Oct 28, 2012
  14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Good question but I'm not sure. If I happen to come across any write-up about it, I will post it.

Cai is 32 and Fu 29 already, maybe they should just continue playing together for a couple of years before retiring. Wonder if they will last all the way to Rio OG.

15. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    FHF will if required by China, they are very patriotic.

16. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Is your double's refering to men's doubles? :)

At this point in time, CN's current MD pairings do not come across as strong pairings compared to CY/FHF.

IMO, I won't say that they do not have talented players in men's doubles coz some of them are good players in their own rights like Zhang Nan, Xu Chen. Furthermore, I have to admit (although grudgingly) that all CN players are good even though they may not be the top players/pairs in their country

Perhaps what they are lacking is the compatibility aspect of a partnership. Putting two good players together does not guarantee a successful partnership. Compatibly in terms of skill sets, temperaments are important ingredients for top quality doubles

#376 nizze, Oct 28, 2012
  17. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Thanks! :)

Agree, they should continue playing for a few more years. Give CN sometime to come up with their replacement. Also they can help contribute to the MD's scene. They are top class players; they can help young upcoming MDs to grow, develop and gain experience by playing with them.

I doubt they will last all the way to Rio OG, they have won the OG gold medal. Not sure if there are other motivating factors to push them there..

#377 nizze, Oct 28, 2012
  18. bura836

bura836 Regular Member

accountant
    Agree, CHN have many good men player, no reason to have less than other countries. But only put them together to work for team spirit and creativity of the on-going game, the CHN do lack of this as they get used to hard training according to plan, system, routine, but not for winning or fighting instinct or adaptation to the running game.

19. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

I can say this final is really surprising

Before this final, Saina is nearly unbeatable but finally succumb to Mitani

This is first time in long time that I can finally say there is no match fixing in xd final, Chn pairs really slug it out

Not much to say about dominant Ko/Lee new lethal md and "coming out in shadow of LCW" Daren

Den wd really gave it out but short luck in 2nd set. I'm sure we want to see 3rd set, and I think there is still lots of loophole on MJ/TJH games.
    Even Ina wd can steal 1 set from them

20. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

what a final day!

congratulations for all the champions. and thanks for all the finalists for providing me such interesting matches. ;)