Saina Nehwal

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by saina fan, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

First of all, this is a thread about Saina, not belonging to her or her fans. The same goes to any player's thread - that's my understanding. Moderators ,am I right? So anybody can post freely anywhere but I urge strict observance of the right to freedom of expression which,however,is not absolute but subject to limitations of slander,libel,obscenity,sedition,copyright violation,incitement to crime,and revelation of classified information. The exercise of these rights carries "special duties and responsibilities" and may "therefore be subject to certain restrictions" when necessary "[f]or respect of the rights or reputation of others" or "[f]or the protection of national security or of public order (order public), or of public health or morals".

As for mrinalini ,he/she has been misquoted who did not say "
    if and when indians talk about saina, he wanted to puke." - he/she was referring to a particular person for a certain thing. The exact words '...if I had to endure more Indian "hee hees", I would have puked....' http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/119170-French-Open-SS-Day-6-Finals-(28th-Oct-2012)/page15

P
    ersonally, if we want to hear only good things about our idols and cannot accept constructive,fair and objective feedback and criticisms about them,then we will never learn nor improve.

2. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Saina with her short stature surely will look like she is struggling to reach the shuttle compared to LXR, WH who are tall and with long reach. She is at a disadvantage given the same skill level. Like I said people can say anything they want, just learn to accept it and ignore these comments.

3. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I find it rather odd you trying to justify mrinalani comments, that post sounded like someone with a grudge with Indian / Saina. Reminds me of the overzealous guy who likes to bad mouth Saina and got banned a few months ago.

You could have chosen a better example.

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Absolutely rogerv2. I have been watching him from the start when i registered. He is been biased. With this one example it is proved. He is justifying mrinalini's comments and jumping all over me. I was the one who used hee hee instead of emoticons. If that guy mrinalini directly attacking like this, how are the moderators let these people to do that. If saina is doing wonderful job by beating wang yihan like anything, why these people are so jealous i dont know. If she is winning yihan, then her capability made her to win it. why this people could not accept that.. Moderators need to consider this and let all the anti-saina comments to be banned.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Stating a fact isn't the same as justification. mrinalini as far as I know has never crossed the line, I don't see him/her bearing any grudge against 'Indian/Saina' - that's an uncalled-for remark and generalization, so comparing him/her to the guy who got banned is unjustified (maybe his/her antagonist fits the bill better).

The right to freedom of expression applies equally to everyone, and I believe we can be more liberal,tolerant and give others the benefit of the doubt. I always strongly feel we can attack each other's views and arguments but not personalities. This is the main point of my post. Let's not talk about mrinalini to whom I hereby apologize for dragging him/her in inadvertently.

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I want to show you something about that mrinalini. When i joined this forum recently, i did not use emoticons(as you expected for good understanding). I used to show my happiness by saying "hee hee". This guy immediately said whenever he/she listend an indian hee hee, she would have puked. How come i accept such a bold racist remark from a guy in a normal forum . This is totally about blaming an indian and saina. Huff.. How come you expect a good remark from him about saina. You might have missed that remark from that guy. Even justinL mentioned in his scrap above.

7. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Yeah right. You are entitled to your own opinion or standards and I will leave it at that and move on.

8. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    I am sorry JustinL,I have respected your views till now...but here are some qoutes of the person you are supporting...
    I am sorry here...I am actually not supporting scorpion1 for the statements he made...but the above one is a bit unnecessary,It clearly looks anti-Indian....those looser remark was unnecessary I think..
    It is not the only remark the person made so I would request you to see his other comments also....There is quite a bit difference between constructive criticism and bashing....And we can give the benefit of doubt a limited amount of times but we can't give the benefit of doubt everytime a person uses his right to freedom to bash a particular country or person....

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    What did i do intentionally as if he done to india or a person residing in india. Sorry to say this. I have never criticized top ranked players. I am only defending our identity. He has been continuously making irresponsible comments against others. Tell me what will you do if you are in my situation. Would you be simply quiet seeing him making such an anti-indian comments . I beg moderators to see this as soon as possible and ban him as soon as possible.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I thought we've moved on but now I'm dragged back in.:(

@depleter, I wish to point out that you left out an important citation in quoting mrinalini's post which elicited his/her response, namely this:

[​IMG] Originally Posted by scorpion1 [​IMG]

Li han has to return back to home.. Chinese are sore losers.. Not saina.. Hee hee

11. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    That's why I said I was not supporting scorpion1 on the remark he made......But that doesn't imply the other person to elaborate make a bigger remark...But that's way over the top criticizing...nope actually bashing a country and saying it can never do a particular thing...and what does winning six medals do with that...?

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

To add,for this matter I think we can rightfully narrow it down to a personal quarrel between scorpion1 who started it and mrinalini who reacted to it. Certainly it's NOT between China/CHN fans and India/Indian fans - Heaven forbids.

Furthermore, to clarify mrinalini's earlier remark "Go, Mitani! Thank goodness she won - if I had to endure more Indian "hee hees", I would have puked...." - I failed to understand how it could be construed as anti-India in general or anti-Saina in particular, as the word 'Indian' was used as an adjective to describe 'hee hees' with an oblique reference to scorpion1.

As to the second post depleter quoted, I'd take it that mrinalini was expressing his/her subjective opinion as to whether India would get to host the Olympics or not (but who can tell the future?). His final outburst "LOSERS!" was also a tit-for-tat targeted at scorpion1 in retaliation.... Neither party represents their respective country or fans and can only speak for themselves.

In any case, my main concern is upholding the right to freedom of expression without abusing it. Let's not blow up the two protagonists' altercation out of proportion. There should be a clear dividing line between fair comments/criticisms and malicious accusations/attacks.

To quote Voltaire (attributed to him): " I do not agree with what you have to say,but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one

Sorry , a small correction. Mrinalini is the one who always starts.. You can see the posts wherever you want. And not me as if you blindly say. Definitely, you are the one who is missing something. First see, whereever that guy drags saina, i would be there.

14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Those who wanted to see the entire series of messages, they can go and watch the thread Li han. Another guy named "Miqlin7" has mentioned the following.

"Han Li's first campaign SEA region commences in Thailand next week. She will face the cocky and soreloser Nehwal in the second round.

Wish Han Li all the best."

For that i replied back. I am not the one who started. JustinL is always try to conceal something which was arised from his own country and put it right back on others. That is his quality. I am not the one who started this.

And for all your notice, If you wanna know about this Miqlin7, you people can visit
    "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbzbX7_boLs" and you can find how many criticism he has got for that.
    For people to know more about him clearly, you can visit
    "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmdRb3loUUI" and see how that guy criticizing other top players. I have been following his comments in youtube for 2 years. Once when i saw his comments in Li han's thread , i was shocked to see that. I replied to him. I have not started anything of my own.
    Justin is very much good in handling words, giving so many reasons for whatever that guy mrinalini said and making that negative comments as positive as if he has not done anything wrong. Excellent Justin:mad:

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    According to 44th week ranking ,

"http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/ranking/ranking.aspx?rid=70"

Saina has 82111.744 points. approximately 2000 points lesser than Li xuerui. And interesting in this BWF ranking is points gathered by Juliane Schenk. She has 68248 points barely 700 points lesser than Wang Xin and only 1300 points lesser than Wang Shixian. If she continuously moving ahead until semifinals in every tournament , she will come to fourth position soon.

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I dont know whether anybody watched this saina's interview after she has taken a ride on an Indian Air Force aircraft.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz9gi4IeIvQ"

We salute you for giving us the first medal in badminton history.
    We hope all other girls would take her as a role model and achieve success in their life:).

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    A title and a second place in a tow

"http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...lympics-french-open-world-no.-3/1/226917.html"

Excerpts:

Satisfied with her performance in Europe, Saina said, "I am very happy to have played so well in Denmark and France and now I will be concentrating on Hong Kong Open. I'm very happy to have won in Denmark...happy with the way I played."

Hope she will grab that HongKong title to her credit. All the very best Saina

#1139 scorpion1, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Gentlemen, we need to have some cooler heads here. I don't think references to statements made by banned trollers indicates any progress. We have moved on from that and I hope you can too.

There is no point defending Saina's mobility or weakness in turning. I mentioned it many years ago in this very thread back in 2007 (I think) :) after watching her in the Macau Open. She has improved in this area in recent years.

As for China players, it is not objective to refer to them as one collective body- each player is an individual there to played against and with different strengths and weaknesses. A more objective comparison is to say SN vs WSX, SN vs WYH etc.

Head to head records? A better indicator of form is recent trends. Saina is certainly doing better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.