Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

OK, today in the CBSL play-off, you squared off and bested Wang Shixian this time by the convincing score of 21-16 and 21-17 playing your characteristic fast and furious attacking game according to what's reported.

Well,if you're starting to be serious and getting into the groove of things,good for you. Keep it up!

I don't want to speak too soon,let's see how you fare in the coming CHN Open. All the best.

2. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

it's seem that the main spots for CHN WS are just WYH and LXR now, with WX still injured and WSX hasn't fully transformed yet. can't wait to see how these 2 girls struggle in China open to re-gain china domination in WS after total destroy in Denmark and France. :D

3. vixter

vixter Regular Member

After watching this match, I think it was a good match by WSX. The match is very much decided at the end of 1st set, where the stand is 18-18. WSX stays stable, while LXR makes a few sloppy errors. Also beginning of 3rd set WSX looks very strong and focused while LXR looks more impatient and tired.

Anyway, I see no reason to worry about LXR. This was an olympic year, so that is a very special year for the top players. No matter what LXR results are for everything post-olympic, she is already the best player of the year, All-England champion, Asia champion and Olympic champion. This might very well be her peak season of her career. But it's natural that she is not capable of keeping her winning streak intact after an event like the Olympics.

4. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

LXR doesn't seem motivated. It's like she says "I won the Olympic Gold medal already, so I don't care about these other tournaments. I'll be ready for the next World Championships or Olympics"

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    after 30 back-to-back wins and the Olympic gold medal, she is simply exhausted. It is good that she is taking it easy now.

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Hahaha! Seriously though, I'm a bit surprised the coaches are allowing her to slum it for this long... I haven't watched any of her recent performances, but does anyone thinks she has been trying out new approaches, or is she just being careless?

7. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Dont think she is trying out new approaches.. Why would she want to trade her dynamic style for a new apporach.. She is very good with both attacking, and also play long rallies and wait for an opportunity to punch..

It's just, people who expect her to just continue winning and winning..? after having this amazing season...? even after olympic gold.of course, there must come a stop to a streak like this. Yao Jie also flopped in her home tournament Dutch open, after olympic games, due to loss off form after such an event.

i watched all her tournaments since olympics. the only time it looked quite sloppy to me, was the very first tournament in denmark the loss against Schenk. but LXR is playing strong again now. maybe her stamina is a questionmark.

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Yes. LXR is by far the best WS player now.

But everyone is targeting her right now, studying her every potential weakness.

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

she is still touring the country with her gold medal.

12110913123b5d5e9e01ae0f86.jpg

12111000419e8ed5a8981c453b.jpg

10. sophia_z11

sophia_z11 Regular Member

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks a lot though only G1 was shown. Still, great to watch; fast-paced,high quality,exciting.

Heartening to see LXR in commanding form, noteworthy is her ability to feint and play well-disguised shots. And WSX continues to make substantial improvement, moving fast,playing with intensity, and,best of all, she can smash better now. I believe G1 should be just as good. Match won by LXR,21-16 and 21-17.

Also read that in the CBSL semi-final yesterday,LXR disposed of Inthanon Ratchanok in two straights,21-17 and 21-16, in a well-played match. Hope to catch the replay later.

12. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

btw, why must Qingdao team ask RI to join them? they're lacking good WS players?

13. sophia_z11

Yes. Wang Xin used to play for Qingdao.

14. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

oh. and Wang Xin is all they have? i remember read somewhere that Qingdao is a team with many potential players?

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

IIRC, Qingdao Team won the CBSL twice before and they are the defending champion. If I'm not wrong,the national top tier players and foreigners don't come cheap and there's a limit to how many each team is allowed to have, which is why Cai Yun was unintentionally left out for there being no takers.

The Bayi - Qingdao return match (also known as Home/Away or Host/Guest ) should be interesting, on 1st Dec. By then Du Pengyu, who was rested yesterday in preparation for CHN Open next week, should be pitted against Lin Dan, then we'll see what form LD is in as they all take CBSL seriously.

LXR had to play yesterday because Qingdao is known to be very strong in their doubles (MD,WD,and XD) and ,true enough, Bayi only won the tie narrowly by 3-2 from wins by Lin Dan, LXR and XD(He Hanbin/FengChen beating Qiu Zhihan/Ma Jin, 21-19 and 21-18).

Edit: In my post #551 above, I meant only G2 of the LXR - WSX match was shown in the video.

16. sophia_z11

I read the rules again and realized I made a mistake about that. Ma Jin, Shen Ye, and Du Pengyu can not play on Dec. 1 at the same time because of the rules, so I think Qingdao will probably let Ma Jin and Shen Ye participate because they can win two matches easily.

17. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

18. vixter

vixter Regular Member

What was all the discussions about after LXR fall on the court? Was it about mopping of the court? The supervisor came on and there were long discussions and Ratchanok was just smiling and waiting...

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At 9-7 in G1, LXR slipped and fell while moving backwards. Not sure whether the shuttle landed in or out,she asked the umpire about it who after some discussion with the tournament director, I think, still awarded the point to IR instead of giving a let. Of course,the floor had to be mopped;luckily she wasn't injured;happily they moved on.

In this case,LXR was retreating to her left to retrieve a backhand return. More often than not, I see her turning to use her backhand which is unusual, more than other top 10 WS players. I should think it's better to use round-the-head forehand shots as far as possible.

20. Vaido

Vaido Regular Member