Yonex-Sunrise Hong Kong Open SS 2012: Day 6 (25th November) - Final

Discussion in 'China Open / Hong Kong Open 2012' started by nokh88, Nov 24, 2012.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Only WD category, first seed is out as the winner, four others second seed crowned top prize ;)
    Well, once again CHN sweeps all 5 titles here in 2 consecutive years, congrats!

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

My apologies,it should be just 'Face Adversity and Partner triumphs' (no 'of').

3. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Yes driving

And also Koo Kien Keat is not creative enough. And he does not set up as well as Lee Yong Dae, Hendra Setiawan or Cai Yun... leaving Tan Boon Heong's smash redundant...

Koo needs to learn how to counter defence, use defence for attack rather than a passive shot... He could do so much more with his opponents' drives and smashes...

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At the end of the match,after exchanging handshakes with his opponent,Chen Long walked over to his coaches and knelt down in front of Xia XZ and Zhong Bo as if to express gratitude or maybe he was just overjoyed. Xia immediately gestured him to get up.

During the interview,Chen Long said he adopted a learning attitude towards the match with Lee CW and felt lucky to have won it.

5. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    I just woke up and I am treated to a bunch of surprises including a very pleasant one. Zhao makes a come back of sorts with a double doubles!!!! :D

6. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

It's really unfair that ppl keep saying LXR won but not encountered SN, JS, TB enroute to recent champions.

look at the facts, she is already holding a winning H2H record against them:
    4:2 against SN
    5:1 against JS
    2:1 against TB

why should she need to further prove to you in every tournament? She's already proved to certain extent.

From this perspective at this point of time, SN/JS/TB are still only challengers to LXR, better ask them to perform better to avoid being beaten by other players, so that they could earn a chance to improve their H2H against LXR.

7. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    You right and so are the facts. But people say that she needs to prove herself is because she doesn't have enough mileage under her belt, yet.... For example, WYH, SN, TB have been on the circuit longer than her especially in top 10. She came to top 10 not until recently with a good patch of form. She is great but she needs to maintain this for at least for another year or so for ardent badminton fans to accept her.

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Lol... After olympics, this is the first tournament saina has gone out in the second round.. Even i expected in this Denmark Open that li xuerui would perform better. But she got defeated by Juliane. Had she performed better, she could have earned a chance to meet saina in order to raise her H2H records further. Lol..:D

9. kenjai7373

kenjai7373 Regular Member

the only lucky person is saina winning the bronze cuz of intentional injury by the ref:crying:

super series is nothing really cuz if u ask lee chong wei, he would trade them for world championships and olympic golds.

not to offend anyone but saina, tina, and julianne havent acheive anything to be considered anywhere near great. no need for li xuerui to beat them to prove anything.

some people r just butthurt she came out of nowhere to win the the gold and now ranting about her success and their favs havent done so with longer periods of playing.:D

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I agree with you. Those players were beaten by Belaetrix,Mitani Minatsu, Wang Lin and Intanon and Wang Yihan, who in turn all lost to LXR. I've not the slightest doubt that had all these players, Sindhu,Saina,Schenk and Tine (who conceded walkover) met LXR this two weeks in the CHN Open and HK Open, they would be soundly beaten by her. I daresay,they are the lucky ones for having avoided meeting LXR, not the other way round. As for the future,let the future tell.

What LXR has achieved,the 30+ match-winning streak to the Olympics, the titles won including the latest two, all within this year is phenomenal, undeniable,unquestionable.

Ignore those conspiracy theories. LYB isn't a deity with supernatural ability to foresee,engineer and orchestrate LXR's rise in so short a time without her beating all those players to be what she is today. It is because her success and rise is so sudden,it is like a fairytale, a dream come true,that it has become the envy of all;hence those detractors,skeptics and cynics,it's the weakness of human nature.

Even LXR herself has said she never expected to be able to take part in the Olympic Games,let alone win gold. In fact,after her Olympic glory,she finds her life totally changed by it. The impact is so great she is still trying to come to terms with it, what with all the scrutiny,the high demands on her to deliver, the much heavier responsibility she has to shoulder,the immense pressure of the burden of expectation,and so on and so forth. She has come to realise that she must put the Olympics behind her,start afresh,work even harder to garner greater results,and accumulate as many titles as quickly as possible - the latest two superseries additions are just the beginning of a new chapter in her young career.

Li Xuerui shall prove it to all of us as time goes by,I believe in her.

11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one

"the only lucky person is saina winning the bronze cuz of intentional injury by the ref:crying:"

BWF has to note down this.. This guy is referring to referee that he did make injury intentionally to that player. Lol.. What a pity..!!!
    What a great psychology. If the person fell down and get hurted, that in anyway goes to ref?? I have seen the match. Please dont divert people with your hypothetical imagination and wrong direction. Intentiontional injury by the ref...!!!!!!! huhhhhhhhhhhh. what a great thought..

12. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    LOL...indeed! Results aside...just looking at their playing...it is scary just how good LXR is compared to the others (and that includes her compatriots). I'm not even a big fan of hers, but if she keeps this up and is not beset by any major injuries, I can easily see her winning another gold in Rio 2016 and becoming a female Lin Dan or another Zhang Ning.

And to hear some mewling about Saina this and that...my goodness, when you actually see them in action and see Nehwal lumbering about and huffing and puffing away...and then you see LXR...so swift, so strong, so powerful, so efficient...the contrast is just so stark!

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    ".it is scary " Lol.. OMG.. We are trembling.. Hee hee. For yihan, it may be scary, because she got just crushed like anything in this tournament. Hmmm... But definitely not to all other non chinese.

"Nehwal lumbering about and huffing and puffing away" .. Atleast you can dance with the tune of your dream ...Lol :D

"so swift, so strong, so powerful, so efficient" Ha ha... In the run to finals of China Open, she has to just pass the line without even working hard. All the top players are in the other side, so that she can easily go and get the title. So Strong, so powerful?? Ha ha.. good joke.. Then any other powerful phrase to praise her???? :D

#193 scorpion1, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  14. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the heads up on this match; I was not aware of it until now. For those who are interested, it can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-TixSELQoU

Hmm, she didn't look as invincible in this match as she did at the Olympics and the two most recent events. Lots of unforced errors and spells of inconsistency, but the basic quality of her play and choice of shots are all there. Even from this year's All England to the Olympics and up to the present, it is remarkable how much she's progressed. I still wouldn't mind if someone else eventually dethrones her as she has a certain air about her that I can't quite warm up to.

As for Saina in the above match - she looked rough indeed. And sloppy. She should get the Chinese team to train her; that is, if they'll have her. LOL!

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Yippi is the troller who has hoodwinked you guys again unfortunately.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    he never tired
    arent he?haha

17. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    China Domination again...

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    No trolling, no flaming and no politics. Thanks ;)

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hi moderators, I was thinking some of the posts the banned guy(s) wrote can be retained for the sake of continuity in the thread without creating gaps and causing confusion,esp when other posters responded appropriately providing useful information. In other words,delete only the plainly abusive posts. Just a suggestion for consideration. Thanks.

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    mod are experienced enough to handle the case;)