Saina Nehwal

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by saina fan, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Wow!I was just joking there......just calm down please..!

2. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

This I have to agree, he certainly is more moderate now but the passion is still there. To his credit most of his posts sing praises about the Indian players but never directly against any non Indian players. It is the so called baiters and haters who come up with the assumptions that he is belittling other players.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The baiters need to calm down more and concentrate on badminton.

4. laonong

laonong Regular Member

5. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

6. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    I would rather say it as a natural instinct than racist remark,It's common to all people ...If you are seeing a specific type of people lets say Indians,Chineseor any other whom you have not seen before until you actually concentrate completely,the brain takes some time to decipher the differences...but ofcourse some may find it offencive,but we have to see it from the comment maker's point of view as well...

#1206 depleter, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I hate to tell you this but it's true and it's not a prejudiced comment :rolleyes:(which is why it was not deleted).

The recognition of faces follows different pattern recognition. If you are not used to seeing chinese faces, they do look the same because they have the same hair colour and eye colour. Hair and eye colour are looked at more frequently as discerning characteristics in other populations.

But don't take my word for it. Have a look here.

http://www.nottingham.edu.my/NewsEvents/News/2012/I-recognise-you.aspx;)

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Need to sticky this post! :D

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Saina Nehwal has become POLL PANEL ICON.

Here is the link

"http://www.khaleejtimes.com/displayarticle.asp?xfile=data/international/2012/November/international_November917.xml&section=international&col="

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Saina Nehwal decided to play SuperSeries finals despite knee injury. :(

"http://www.indianexpress.com/news/saina-nehwal-to-play-in-super-series-finals-despite-knee-trouble/1037907/"

Nowadays, we have been watching so many players suffering from knee problems. Though they feel like they are taking care of their body very well, badminton is a game which demands more physical action than any other indoor sports. I wish saina for quick recovery though it is not that easy . :crying:

Participating in superseries itself is a great achievement. Win or loss is secondary. I request her to take care of her knee while playing SSFinals and not aggravating it further. :) All the very best SAINA.:)

11. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

The opponents will be focusing in net drops, since this will be the obvious weak point physically & mentally considering the knee issue. Risk of aggravating the injury will be very high.

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Saina's best year of her career--2012 :)

She was recently in New Delhi for the release of her book "Playing to win" .:)

"http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/11/28/this-year-has-been-my-best-saina/"

Excerpts:

“I am thankful to Yuvraj for coming here and releasing my book today. This book is about my journey since I was nine, till now. It is about the life of a disciplined sportsperson, about how I got here and what all sacrifices me and my parents had to make, how I practiced eight hours a day to get where I am today,”

"I would like to give something back to the game. The Haryana and Karnataka governments have already approached me regarding having coaching academies. I don’t think we need another one in my home state as Andhra Pradesh already has a world class academy."

13. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
  14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Clear explaination from the service referee of that bronze medal match in Olympics 2012. He was the one who had the clear view of what happened in the match. So, all the myths surrounding the player's injury, came to an end. :) I wish her a quick recovery as soon as possible to enjoy all her fans around the globe. My hearty wishes for Xin's quick recovery .:)

#1214 scorpion1, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

OK,some points for thought regarding the badzine article 'Official's Whistle - To mop, or not to rest?' http://www.badzine.net/features/officials-whistle/official’s-whistle-–-to-mop-or-not-to-rest/21562/

First off, why is it the service judge and not the umpire concerned who replied to the query?

Second,the service judge sitting down there has a clear sight of the court,both left and right. Then why does the umpire have to sit high up there to get a clearer view of proceedings? Apparently,the viewing angle of the umpire on the high chair is certainly different from the service judge sitting down there at opposite ends of the net, for which the lighting plays an effect too. If the service judge were to be standing up, though still not as high as the umpire siting on the high chair,his viewing angle is again different.

Third, the service judge , Michaela Bencova, wrote this :" First, you write that I ‘strictly obeyed the BWF regulations’. It is puzzling to consider how I am supposed to have done that since in that match I was the service judge. That means that my role was the control of correct services and the changing of the shuttles when the umpire allows that, perhaps also assist the umpire if necessary because we are a team on court. But this is minor information." Obviously,his role and focus are different from the umpire who is the one to decide whether the floor is to be mopped or not.

Fourth, he presumed to speak for the umpire by saying "
    There was nothing to see on court – no sweat – neither the umpire nor the service judge saw anything there and simply trying to mop the court after losing two or more points is simply taken by all umpires as an attempt to delay the game, to try to get the opponent off their rhythm." Can he or should he speak on his behalf?

Fifth, he said "
    On the video, you can see that Wang Xin is on the back line after a long rally so it has nothing to do with a wet middle part of court which she wanted to mop." Before servicing, Wang Xin would,of course,want to have that part of the court wiped first, that doesn't mean the other parts of the court weren't wet. If she had pointed to several parts of the court , then I wouldn't be surprised that the umpire would view that "as an attempt to delay the game, to try to get the opponent off their rhythm." and not allow it. She might have overlooked the other wet parts, esp near the back line.

Sixth, he said "
    Even on the video, it is possible to see that Wang Xin is breathing hard and is not getting ready as fast as Saina Nehwal." That doesn't mean he should hurry the player and not allow the court to be mopped when it is wet, a discretionary decision no doubt. Not to mention a player breathing hard after a long rally is perfectly normal and natural unless he or she is unfit or unwell.

In short, I find Michael Bencova's reply a bit too subjective, somewhat presumptuous and judgmental in addition to sounding too much like a BWF spokesman though,admittedly,it's not easy to be wholly objective as far as human decisions are concerned (do they use stopwatch to clock the time the players take between points?). I would much prefer that the umpire involved in that match to speak instead. Let's hear from him, if possible.

Whatever,what's done is done. No use dwelling too much on it. I just hope Wang Xin can recover enough to regain her condition and form.

16. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    @justin L .....If one is leaned towards one-sided thinking no explanation could change their mind....

17. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

The most interesting thing about that article is the fact we can't use coloured shuttles :(
    I want to see a match with pink shuttles :(

18. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Michaela Bencova is a Badzine columnist. She was adressed this question by a reader, so she answered it. The person asking the question thought she was the umpire in this match. She explains that she was actually service judge, but answers the question from an umpire perspective. Whats the deal?

I see no controversy... Obviously WX injury had nothing to do with sweat on the court since SHE NEVER SLIPPED OR FELL... Her injury got aggravated when landing on her knee in the back court after hitting a clear. So what does mopping of the court or not have to do with it?

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    You are right on both accounts. Michaela answered because the reader asked her.

It has nothing to do with slippery floor. I watch the video again here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HucIqi8Lw3E at 26.07. She landed on her right leg and was still standing. The injury was the left knee. You can see that she wasn't comfortable a few points before the incident.

Some people are leaned towards one-sided thinking that no explanation could change their mind too.

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    You guys are correct. If he/she is a service judge and answered the query after analysing the match carefully lively as well as from video, how come so many irrelevant queries arises..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.