Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    This guy is not making fun of LCW nor TH nor LD, its hard fact, pal! :) realistically speaking :)

2. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Yes, i would agree more or less everyone would be thinking in that order (1-5) :D

But personally i think the mother of all major should be the All England :D.

The history is just too long to be ignored

but well many may not agree with me :p. :eek:

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I think you people did not get the exact essence of the article :(

4. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Then kindly tell us in simple english :)

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That article clearly says only Lin Dan, Lee CW and Chen Long are consistent : "Only Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei and Chen Long are consistent in the sense that they do not usually lose to players ranked below them."

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Friend, I more or less agree with you on the top 5 majors.

If possible, I'd like to add the All-England as the 6th for being a special PSS/SS title in view of its long tradition and illustrious history though in terms of strength alone, most of the other PSS/SS are just as good.

I wouldn't include the All-China Games because it is an internal affair. Nor the Commonwealth Games which doesn't have many of the top nations/players involved.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Personally, winning the most number of PSS/SS titles should qualify as one major. In this regard, Lee CW can be considered to have one major title, IMHO. The contention is the other players should also take part in the same number of Superseries tournaments to make it more convincing. Just a thought, not many would agree with me because it's problematic.

8. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Personally, I prefer LCW to CONSISTENTLY WIN THE MAJORS and forget about the other "minor" titles ... like Lin Dan !!! ;)

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    According to me, Lee Chong Wei is more consistent than any other male badminton player in the world. :) Some people may oppose this as their players have proved much better than Lee taking the above mentioned five major tournaments into consideration. I dont think if you wanna tell about a player's consistency, taking sudhirman cup or Thomas cup into account will do better ??.:confused: The title behind this cups does not depends on one individual. :) Its a group activity.:p.

The article was all about the consistency of men's singles players in recent times. I think they did not talk about the history and tournaments which somebody mentioned above.. Simple and Straight. :)

I dont wanna discuss this further. :(

10. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    The test of true champion is the All England,

for fame its both Olympic and World C'ship.

For fortune, it can either be banging on the SS like Chong Wei

or a walk in the studio like Lin Dan :D

11. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Scorpion1,

I cannot blame you for not understanding how a MALAYSIAN FAN thinks and feels ....

As a Malaysian fan (and I dare say I speak for the most of us) - ALL THAT MATTERS are:

1) THOMAS CUP
    2) UBER CUP (if the Msian girls ever get around to it !! :rolleyes: )
    3) ALL-ENGLAND
    4) WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
    5) OLYMPICS

... everything else ... DON'T GIVE A MONKEY .... LCW can win 1000+ SS and in the process becomes the RICHEST player of all time, be will be regarded still an "under-achiever" if he did not bang in the above titles esp TC, AE, WC and Olympics ... btw, guess who has BAG THE WHOLE LOT mentioned ... ooopppss ... LIN DAN !! :p Why do you think, we, Malaysian fans, HATES LIN DAN for bagging the lot for China but he has our whole 100% RESPECT as the ONE TRUE CURRENT KING OF BADMINTON (from Malaysian point of view) ....

BTW, to me ... SUDIRMAN CUP is a Mickey Mouse cup thought up from someone's nightmare ... whoever he is, he is a JOKER !!

#8971 maxout, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Oops !!! For your information, i did not say anything like that malaysian fans hate LinDan :(, something like that , how come people exaggerating things :mad:.... Oh god !!! I just wanted to show the essence of the article .. Thats all. Which specifically mentioned about the consistencies of players such as LinDan, Lee Chong wei and ChenLong. If you feel that some other player as true champion, that is your point of view or on behalf of all malaysians ... I dont wanna break my head for this.:)..

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

No 1 : You do not speak for most of us :p
    No 2 : Team events like TC are not LCW's responsibility alone. LCW can win all his matches but if the other 3 matches lost, also no use, Msia still will not win the TC. Uber Cup, forget it, many Msians consider our gals not good enough to contend with China & the best women players in the world. This is true at the moment, look at what happen to WS after WMC retire. TC is remembered because our men have won it before.

No 3 : Agree on AE, WC, OG. On that note, LCW tried his best, unfortunately he is born same era as Lin Dan. Even the AE that LCW won, there are those who think is ok ok tourament only, not major, hahaha

#8973 eaglehelang, Dec 8, 2012
  14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i agree,you dont speak for most of us

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Personally, I won't use the All-England alone as the defining criterion for a true champion but will include the World Championship and The Olympics as well, all three,that is.

As for the AE, I fear the younger generation who has never heard of Zhao Jianhua or watched him play,not to mention its long 100-year history and the former greats who won it, may regard it as just one of the many strong SS titles. As time goes by, the AE is likely to lose its prestige unless all the top players make it a point to participate year after year. Fortunately, for now,it is still the case that quite many are willing to give it pride of place, though arguable as evident in this forum; I cannot speak for the future. Let's not start a debate on this, to each his own.:)

16. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Most of Malaysians are like that, unlike you who support your Indian players wholeheartedly even when they are having a hard period.

Even football, MY lose one match and for the next match the stadium in 75% empty.
    Does not matter what LCW has achieved, they will find fault somewhere. Not only LCW but the doubles also get worst treatment, guess what they qualified for SS Finals in 1st seed like LCW.

I personally am with the Malaysian players in good times or bad.

17. maxout

maxout Regular Member

hahaha ... why ? Coz we DEMAND that they WIN ALL THE TIME !! since they are BETTER than us .... to represent Malaysia and "us" ;)

Yes, it is UNREASONABLE, but that is LIFE if they are sportsmen and superstars (and well paid to boot) - the PRICE OF SUCCESS and ADORATION/curses from fans .... :D

You should see how I curse Man Utd when they ****ed up and btw, I used to be a shareholder as well until Glazers did a MBO (mandatory buy out) on me :mad:

#8977 maxout, Dec 8, 2012
  18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    yup. Winning the All-England for a few times would be considered a major. All England is definitely the most prestigious annual event.

wow, i just realise Gao Ling won 11 gold medals at the All England. Incredible!!

btw, i am watching Ding N vs Liu SW of the ITTF Grand Finals. They are so pretty!!

#8978 pcll99, Dec 8, 2012
  19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yep.. That should be the basic motto of a true fan :). Lee Chong wei is hard worker and getting remuneration for that. Nothing wrong in that.:) Some of the posts where i have seen people referring/pointing to Lee's well paid phenomena:(. If he is proving his ability in the court despite his injury and managed to grab a silver medal for their country , why not he should get paid well.:)..Lee Chong Wei is a great fighter. He has trained hard even when he struggled due to his shoulder injury :) . As a fan, we need to pat him for his achievement. Fans should not always keep on pointing to some of his performances where he could not get gold medal..:(

20. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    LCW have to/must attend almost all international tournament to build-up his game n etc... not like other China players who picked only the major tittle... nothing to worry to LD to find sparring partner which in China they are 4 players who sit on top 10 of world rank... if that LD is Msian & LCW is from China, i would say the results of LCW-LD right now are not only opposite, but the difference are more huge