Saina Nehwal

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by saina fan, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Might as well have tried to finish and claim the ranking points though surely?

2. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

it reminds me of what LD did to KT during all england semi finals?? and what others say about LD about who is waiting for him in finals?? :cool:

3. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

I'm very happy to know about it. Go Saina!
    btw, I'm a chinese but I admit I love Saina's skills and fighting spirts... It's wonderful to see her match against top chinese players!

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Oh.. You are chinese..!!! I thought you were from India .. Sounds Interesting. :)

5. vixter

vixter Regular Member

And you think that this is a good and honorable thing to do? What about the opinion of the tournament boss, being outraged and talking openly about his disappointment with Saina's behaviour, questioning why she even came at all? Saina was asking the tournament to re-schedule her match a couple of hours earlier, so that she could make her flight. Well, she didn't say that was the reason, of course. So they go through this trouble to help her, and then she thanks them by quitting match point up and jumps on the next airplane. Had she not been in the draw, the Russian would have been given the chance to win the REAL way. Do you think she felt like a winner, progressing to the second round like this? I think it's silly that she came here to such a small tournament (for her standard) in the first place when she is not fit enough to play and clearly had no intentions of playing more than one match. She could better just rest up for the new season.

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Before I get attacked for this post, look at it from a neutral point of view:

Surely, if Saina had booked a flight out that evening, prior to playing the match, and then withdrew just before she could have finished the match, there should be some sort of penalty brought against her?

She had no intention of finishing the match if she had booked a flight coinciding with the next match. With this, someone could have bet a lot of money of Saina losing knowing she would, this is surely the same as match fixing?

Playing with no intention of winning, is the same as match fixing surely?!

7. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    French SS 2011 SF if I'm not wrong.

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I am really worried about her knee problem.. She need to take rest and come back with her knee problem cured. So that she can come with a bang and play with her full potential to win Korea Open 2012. :)

9. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Interesting aspect. But regarding betting, this is only valid for completed matches. If one player retires, it does not count as completed match and no bets will be valid.

If she would have finished the match and lost on purpose, it would have been another story. I would agree with you that playing with no intention of winning, must surely be the same as match fixing.

#1309 vixter, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    This is not at all looks like match fixing at all. She already said before playing the tournament that she will play the first game and analyse it how far she would be able to play(freely without that itch due to knee problem). She played the first game. But she felt uneasy while playing and hence withdrew. :) She need to take rest and come back with her knee get cured completely and play korean open and open 2013 with a win. All the very best Saina. :)

11. dieter_spath

It's really not a very good idea for SN to withdraw in such way. But It's okay if Indian fans think it's fine.
    I do hope she will play Korea Open 2012 in good shape.. I like watching exciting game.

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    It all depends on the mind of people.:) She is the person who need to decide whether she will be able to play without aggravating it if she play continuously in this tournament or not:). She is playing continuously with her troubled knee starting from Denmark Open:). She does not want to disappoint her fans . Thats why, despite her injury, she came to play the first game:). She did an excellent job:). She made a wonderful attempt in giving her fans to watch her fantabulous game in court:). People can criticize her out of jealous:(. But true condition is known only by the player. She knew what to do and hence she withdrew in order to avoid aggravating the knee pain further :). I wish her to take rest completely and cure her knee and come back to open her account with Korea Open 2013.:)

13. dieter_spath

I am sorry I wrote Korea Open 2012 by mistake. u people should know I mean 2013
    But I think it is very hard for SN to win the title in the
    Korea Open 2013.
    Also, Chinese top players will face up with lots of difficulities in Korea
    . The worst line judges living there.. :crying:

14. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

Ok, looking from purely injuries reason point of view, when someone withdrew halfway and gave the match to SN, why does that someone gets all the bashing? for being afraid to really lose to SN?? and that someone got criticized for denying SN's true victory? :confused: Just being curious how come theres so many version/point of view about this withdraw-half-way-through-the-match thingy:confused:

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    And also i think that nobody can predict it that it will be very tough for saina to win there !!!:D

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I am sorry I wrote Korea Open 2012 by mistake. u people should know I mean 2013
    But I think it is very hard for SN to win the title in the
    Korea Open 2013.
    Also, Chinese top players will face up with lots of difficulities in Korea
    . The worst line judges living there..-- I dont think that korean line judges are worst. Totally and completely wrong.:)

17. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Saina did a very stupid mistake here. She obviously had no intention to progress in this tournament probably to save her knee for Korea & MS SS. Retiring on last point is bad enough, on top of that booking a return flight before the match, come on .. how dumb can one get?

If she was not interested she should not have participated in the first place and piss off all her fans.
    Let this be a lesson for her. I like Saina but this behavior I just cannot condone.

18. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I think the biggest problem is the slow shuttle. The ball will be very hard to kill with smashes. This conditions will favor a rally type player.

19. dieter_spath

but I do not think there are any possibility for korean or japanese rally type players to win the title if without the judge's help. :rolleyes:

20. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

Is it because of the kind of shuttles used or weather condition or something else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.