2013 SWISS Open GP Gold - Qualification to FINAL (12th - 17th March 2013)

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2013' started by CLELY, Mar 11, 2013.

1. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    3 years is too long a period, from 2010 to now, I have been supporting them, expecting them to trouble the top, still that hasn't happened, in both the cases their growth have been slow though steady and they have been making progress getting more consistent now, the stint at CHN has helped IR a lot and she seems a different player since Dec 2012 I must say even though I would still say I am a little bit annoyed, irritated at the results I see of IR and TTY, TTY has won a few more championships and IR has been more consistent in having more upsets but thats it. I would have expected more from these two talents in 3 years.... 3 years at seniors is the career span for many Top players... anyways theres still hope and age on their side... I would keep on expecting these along with Saina, Sindhu, LXR, WYH and WSX to show us some good battles.... The name on this list would keep on growing....

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    She was honking her nose something terrible in the previous match against Saina.... it was mentioned she had the flu or something. Not surprising she had to weaken, and I'd think the emotional effect of being there on Sunday at the AE, against a resurrected Tine breathing fire.... everything stacked against her!

RI (and TTY) are still developing in their strength and skills, and their physical conditioning will not reach its peak for maybe another 2 years at least when they hit the 20 and 21 year mark, so I wouldn't be too worried. They just need to be careful not to overload themselves...

3. Anatta

Anatta Regular Member

Plus, RI said this evening that during Swiss Open, she was on her period and been suffering from cramps. She felt weak and admitted she would have to seek more help from sport scientists to improve her physical fitness.

4. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

2 consecutive finals is damn good for a 19 year old. Her time will come soon.
    However her physical fitness problem has been there for very long. If it goes to 3 sets she usually fades away. Good news she is getting help in this area.

#764 rogerv2, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    she was just 18,thanks

6. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Thanks for the correction.

7. gjoo888

gjoo888 Regular Member

I remember an interview with Ratchanok after her loss to Saina at last year's Thailand Open, she said that her biggest weakness was her strength (or lack of) and that she needed to get stronger. She's still a kid and won't be 19 until next February, she should get stronger in the next couple of years.

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Poor girl. The doctors should have done something on the menstruation.

9. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I think her strength and smash is very powerful. Probably what she meant by strength is stamina to play aggressive game until 3rd set.

10. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Waa! to much information! Thought sportswomen controlled that with birth control medicine so it never fall when they perform.

11. Anatta

Anatta Regular Member

The interviewer did question about this too. RI said she didn't use med this tournament and just let it be. Actually after AE, initially she would like to withdraw from Swiss Open and go home but finally her coach talked her into going on.

Imo, the reason why she had to disclose personal info probably was from heated exchanges in popular local forums. People felt quite disappointed about her being runner-up so many times (since last year's China Open). The main topics raised were about coaches' competency and the possibility of hiring new ones. Think this is why she had to dig deep in details about her personal condition for this time. Anyway, it did pay off as things have been quietened down since!

12. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Poor RI.. it must have been tough for her to play the Swiss Open while having those cramps... kudos to her resilience!