Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Future olympic xd champion for malaysia...

2. george@chongwei

KING(ston) of LCW's family:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    aww, so chubby..:p Time to open your eyes slowly and look at the world :)

3. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Congrats to LCW and WMC....the baby is so cute!!!:)

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hopefully he will have a happy life.

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Wowwwwwwwww... Wonderful ....:). Child is sooooooooo Sweeeeeetttttttttt.... Lee Chong Wei has become a perfect family man***** now.. Five stars.. My wishes to him and his family...:)

6. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

That remind me of a story that I would like to share with you guys.

It happened years ago with Gillian Clark, our much loved badminton commentator, or should really be to her daughter.
    Years ago, I’m talking about 25+ years England used to have a yearly ‘test’ tournament with China that they host them in alternative year. A bit like golf’s Ryder cup between USA and Europe. One year is here and the next over there in China etc etc.

During one of the tour with China in England I believe it was in the South coast. I was watching the match quite close to the Chinese team and minding my own business and Ms Clark just came over and sat next to me, a row behind the Chinese team. She had a bunch of photos, yes that was the time that we have proper paper photos not just the jpgs in the SIM card, of her baby daughter in her lovely christening gown and showing them off to the Chinese team and started talking with some improvised sign language.

Being the pig in the middle I was helping out to translate the odd words in-between and not before long I’d became the ‘official’ translator. That was fine by me as not many national coaches/players speak with, ok through me. After a while I just got into autopilot and suddenly the Chinese coach asked “where is the husband?” so I just automatically put the question back to Gillian without thinking. And Gillian looks back to me (in shock I must say) and said “what husband? No husband!”. And then I woke up realised that it was quite unacceptable in China at the time and got into a lengthy explanation to the Chinese team that it is common and very acceptable that the baby's parents are not married. Still remember the shocked faces and the follow on questions even now!

As regard to the tour, most of the Chinese players were around 18 or there about and the tour were really labouring. Basically they have 7 matches to play and promote badminton all-around the country in as many days. Being on the tour bus most of the time, play the matches in the evening, back to the hotel and the bus next morning. I remember I asked one of the player before the match what tactics she is going to employ and she came back with “no tactics, just goes out and smash them into submission!”.

It’s nice when you’re young, isn’t it?

7. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

ok, thank you for the information on earlier wedding registration. :)

so, this little boy, is he a Datuk already?

8. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Life is so unfair :rolleyes:

Lee CW started to run before the pistol fires, but Wong MC got caught live! :eek:

Lee CW started to do his job even before the legal permission license, but again, it's Wong MC to pay the penalties! :D

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

What's the big deal? If it doesn't bother them why pass judgement?

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Madbad, in Asian country it's different ya, plus Msia is Muslim country ;). If Datuk & Datin are Muslim, wow, big news from the our Muslim religious dept already leh.
    Also the fact that WMC is Catholic. I know, I know, the religion part doesnt matter to most youngsters these days but still medium 'big deal' cos of the image of being example to younger generation thingy.
    Due to the upcoming General Elections though, this will go largely unnoticed by the busybody media

#9310 eaglehelang, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    let's not drag religion into this.

let's just celebrate the wonderful occasion and celebrate the new life. and wish the couple can get some sleep in the next few busy months ahead. ;)

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Amen to that ;)

13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

god forbid.
    sorry, can't resist

14. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

congrats WMC and LCW. cute baby. looks like LCW esp his lips

15. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Congrats to LCW and WMC....the baby is so cute.

and CW finally beat LD in one big occasion, faster to be dad! :D

16. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

Imagine if Kingston Lee decided to play Doubles with Lin Dan's son/ daughter. It will be lethal.
    LOL

17. sen

sen Regular Member

So maybe the impending baby birth is distracting LCW in Australia ?

But I am not going to take credit out from Tian Houwei. He played well.

18. george@chongwei

congrats to lcw for winning 2012 National Sports Awards yesterday night..
    4th time for this guy;)
    [h=1]Chong Wei and Pandelela retain national sports awards[/h][h=2]Reports by LIM TEIK HUAT[/h]

[​IMG]National shuttler Lee Chong Wei and diving queen Pandelela Rinong posing with the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah after they were named 2012 Sportsman and Sportswoman of the Year at the National Sports Award ceremony Tuesday night. The duo also won the award last year.
    PETALING JAYA: Shuttler Lee Chong Wei and diver Pandelela Rinong have set their sights on becoming world champions after coming up tops again in the 2012 National Sports Awards ceremony last night.
    Chong Wei bagged his fourth National Sportsman Award and RM20,000 thanks largely to his feat of reaching the men’s singles final at the London Olympic last year.
    Chong Wei may have lost narrowly to Lin Dan but still returned home with a silver, ensuring that he is the country’s only double Olympic medallist.
    Chong Wei, who also won the national sports award in 2005 and 2008, captured five international titles last year.
    And now, after getting a fourth national crown, the shuttler hopes it will spur him to become the first Malaysian to win at the world meet in Guangzhou come August.
    “This will be my last chance to win the world title. No Malaysian has managed it and I will give it my best shot,” said Chong Wei, who became a father for the first time last week.
    In the women’s category, squash queen Nicol David – who captured a record seventh world title last year – failed to dethrone Pandelela from reigning supreme again.
    [​IMG]Proud moment: Hasihin Sanawi (left) receiving the award for best male paralympian by the president of the Olympic Council of Malaysia Tan Sri Tunku Imran Tuanku Ja’afar during the National Sports Award ceremony yesterday. — IZZRAFIQ ALIAS / The Star
    Like Chong Wei, the dimunitive Sarawakian captured the nation’s heart at the London Olympics in the early hours of Aug 10 with her historic plunge in the women’s 10m platform final.
    She made an impressive comeback with her last two dives to secure the bronze medal – making her the country’s first female Olympic medallist – and the youngest.
    Pandelela, who turned 20 last month, also finished overall runner-up in the prestigious FINA Diving World Series last year behind world and Olympic champion Chen Ruolin of China.
    Pandelela was delighted to have won a second straight National Sportswoman Award and a cheque for RM20,000.
    She said she had “a gut feeling” that she would win again after being asked by the Amateur Swimming Union of Malaysia (Asum) to delay flying to Edinburgh for the third leg of the FINA Diving World Series by a day.
    “My team-mates left the previous night but I was asked to stay back. But at least I don’t have to travel a few thousand kilometres like last year,” she said in jest, referring to last year when she had to fly back immediately from Russia after the FINA Diving World Series to receive the award – and then heading out to Mexico the next day.
    “It’s a timely boost ahead of Edinburgh, for sure,” added Pandelela, who is hoping to become the first Malaysian to win an individual medal at the world meet in Barcelona in July.
    “I see this as a lucky sign. When I got the award last year, I won an Olympic bronze medal ... so, hopefully, it’ll be another good year for me at the world meet.”
    Pandelela already has a bronze medal from her partnership with Leong Mun Yee in 10m platform synchro at the 2009 world meet in Rome.
    The men’s junior hockey team took the best male team award and RM20,000 for winning their maiden Junior Asia Cup in Malacca in May after beating three-time champions Pakistan 2-1 in the final.
    There was some consolation for Nicol though when she, Delia Arnold, Low Wee Wern and Siti Munirah Jusoh clinched the best female team award and RM20,000 for winning the bronze medal at the Women’s World Team Championships in Nimes, France, last November.
    Meanwhile, archer Hasihin Sanawi took home the male paralympian award and a cheque for RM10,000 for his silver medal feat in individual recurve at the London Paralympic Games.
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2013/4/17/sports/12979655&sec=sports

19. Higher

Higher Regular Member

Congratz to Lee Chong Wei & Wong Mei Choo for being dad & mom.
    Happy family !

20. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    More congratZ for dato