2013 INDIA Open SS : Qualification to FINAL Round (23rd-28th April 2013)

Discussion in 'India / Malaysia Open 2013' started by CLELY, Apr 22, 2013.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

there was one where the linesman was unsighted by tago's foot and should have indicated so, instead he called it in when clearly on replay it was 8 inches out...

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The shuttle doesn't just appear there, it falls down. With the margins I've seen so far, anyone not completely blind could've seen the shot was out even if the foot was inbetween the judge and the shuttle. But perhaps I haven't stumbled upon the unsighted one yet....
    On a side note, it's rather visible why Pawar hasn't had much success in world terms. Very single-minded, not creative at all when he has the attack...

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

No repetition outcome for Ko Sung Hyun from last week BAC victory, he failed to gain top honours here in both categories. INA, JPN, THA, MAS and CHN shared 1 title each through XD, WD, WS, MS and MD respectively. Congrats to Towi/Liliyana to create hat-trick and Ratchanok for her first ever SS title and all the winners as well :)

4. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    In the just-concluded Yonex Sunrise India Open 2013, India paraded its many young talents who should be a force to be reckoned with in the next couple of years.
    Although the Indians didn't win any titles, their men's and women's singles players managed to clinch third placings.
    Their biggest disappointment had be their number one women's singles player Saina Nehwal who lost to the unseeded Japanese Yui Hashimoto in the 2nd round.
    Ratchanok Intanon of Thailand landed her first super series tournament title after playing bridesmaid in four previous finals and at 18 years should be able to win more titles. Watch out China.
    Liu Xiaolong/Qiu Zihan showed that their AE win in March was no fluke when they won again.
    In the AE and Indian Opens, they beat world number one Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen and were on top again, against Ko Sung Hyun/ Lee Yong Dae as they did in the German Open.
    Obviously China do have to depend on their former top pair of CY/FHF.
    Lee Chong Wei didn't disappoint when he landed his 31st super series title which he dedicated to his baby son, Kingston.
    His failure at the Australian Open was obviously a hiccup as he had to grapple with with the impending birth of Kingston and his illness and BAM was insensitive in sending him to compete at that Open.
    It is hoped that LCW withdraws from the Malaysian Open GPG Open so as not to overtax himself and avoid injuries.
    Congratulations to all the winners.

#544 skchen, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  5. icey_drone

icey_drone Regular Member

Student
    that, would be denounced as "clipped the outside edge of the line" by Gillian Clark..

but what bs. it's out. shuttle never even touched the line

6. Sidratul

Sidratul New Member

Student (LLB 2nd year)
    Can Anyone Please tell me where I can watch the repeat telecasts of the full games of the Sunrise India open on EXCEPT for on YOU-TUBE??? I would really appreciate your help... please, Anyone. Youtube can not be accessed Here in Bangladesh, even if accessed, the videos do not play.:( Please please please, anybody Give me the name of the Sites from where I can watch not only the Sunrise open but other Series also like the AXIATA CUP etc...

Please note: The Videos must be of the full game... Pleas help/// I cant seem to find any place other than the youtube!!! :crying::crying::crying:

7. visor

visor Regular Member

@SidratuI

Just use Firefox
    with ip blocker plug in

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Liu/Qiu are looking like the real deal, no flash in the pan.

LCW cashed his appearance fees for another SmoothSail.

May will March on in August style. WC favourites, look out! She's really finding her groove now.

Maeda/Suetsuna, so often the nearly pair, finally make good!

Towi/Lily justify their ranking and remain on message. Great job!

Some random thoughts.....

Sindhu seems to have lost some of the edge she had, somehow; she looked tentative in at least two of the matches I saw, and her defence sucks! Back to the gym, girl!

The find of the tournament for me at least, was Prannoy. Fearless, with the skills and strength to back it up. Strong as an ox. Got the height, the muscle and lungs. Got strong wrists, too. Like so many Indian players, needs to build more consistency, get better conditioning, and improve front-court coverage. Possibly top-25 in a year, if he's given the backing and chance to participate in enough tournaments.

KSH needs to focus only on MD; I think, only then can he and LYD be the really standout combination that we used to expect of LYD/CJS.

In another year or two, the horde of young doubles teams from INA will be coming of age; then everything may change. Sadly, the regeneration of their famed MS strength (and to some extent the WS) has not taken off...

9. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

I think exactly the opposite; I think MX will help him develop more awareness and tactical astuteness. It's also more common in the mixed to press up on the half-court (noticed his absence there in the mixed a few times). Al things he could do with adding to his game.

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Agreed. I also think it's healthy for him to be the leader in the partnership as opposed to his MD partnership where most ppl see LYD as some kind of god who has no faults...and XD was originally his strongest discipline. I think he can draw confidence from a good partnership, and he and KHN have certainly had a good start.

11. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Strictly speaking, only a video can prove that it was out, as the shuttle sometimes does a double bounce.

12. visor

visor Regular Member

True, but I'm sure you're aware that photo is a screen grab of a slow mo video instant replay. ;)

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Further discussion on India's improvement in this thread will be deleted.

Mod

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Posts discussing India's improvement or lack of improvement have been moved to the India Badminton thread. Don't give the moderators more work to do. Thank you.

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Lots of complaints I've seen from European players about food poisoning while in India this week. Explains the poor performance of some.

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    May i know who are those whom you have seen complaining?? I mean those " Lots of European players". I have never seen anybody complaining about the food.. Please i ask you to mention those lots of names from Europe who complained about the food and any proof??

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

No need to be obnoxious ;) Very common that Europeans who aren't used to the regional cuisine (and more importantly, all the different bacteria/germs in the water) get mostly minor food poisoning. A friend just went to India for vacation and got sick from drinking tap water once. :D
    Anyhow, people getting sick is mostly their own fault for not being cautious enough (only drinking closed, bottled water).

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Feel free to consult there twitter accounts, but if I remember correctly the list includes:

Jan Ø Jørgensen
    Peter Mills
    Chris Langbridge

And also some English coaching staff and who knows, others who I don't have on twitter

19. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Here is the "proof" you need:

(Obviously the second photo, not the first, it's difficult to upload from my phone)

Attached Files:

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Obviously they cannot stomach the real curry! :D