INA squad for Sudirman Cup 2013

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2013' started by miksss, Apr 1, 2013.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Alan...just don't like the way you talk...such a big loser....! Promise is a promise!I will ask you one day to eat a HAT!

2. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

they are all FACTS, doesn't matter which way that been said.

3. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

btw, i'd only swore once in my life and that got nothing to do with badminton.

you do know the meaning of when people say "I will eat my hat"?, don't you?
    anyway i did promised to buy you a drink and you sort of agreed, if my memory serve me right.

4. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    ^^
    So which team do you consider as strong or potential winner based on their record against CHN ??

The post you replied pointed at current INA team as strong based on the fact that they manage to steal 2 win from the mighty CHN. Something that INA or any other countries never did for many last years. So based on the result today the current INA SC team is stronger than any INA SC team in the recent past. Can you get the point here ????

#104 drquick, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  5. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    If i'm not wrong, Indonesia just finished 4th at Axiata cup, their best men's double Hendra/Ahsan lost badly to scratch pair made by retired Chinese single Bao CL and retired Chinese mixed double Zheng Bo.

6. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Nothing is impossible, and China is not really strong and dominance as last few years. CHN WS several times lost to players from other countries incl. INA, so why INA must scare.

7. m4st3rm1nd

m4st3rm1nd New Member

Hello everyone... I'm new here but have been following the forum for quite a while now. I missed all today's CHN vs INA matches. can anyone tell me whether there are any video recordings that I can access for these matches? I've checked the bwf channel on Youtube but there is no video for these games....

8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

are you talking to me? i'm going to answer anyway.

KOREA, wth their traditional strong doubles.

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Even with a strong team such as Nova/Butet (double world champions) and Taufik (World and Olympic champions) back in 2005 and 2007, we could not even steal 1 pt off CHN.

So, to steal 2 pts today with CHN putting their best line-up (2 Olympic Champions, 2 World No 1, and one potential World No 1) would be considered an achievement in itself.

I am quite confident that under Pak Gita's leadership and those supporting him behind, plus the determination of the coaches and players, we shall rise again!

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Don't worry Hau-Ge and don't get riled by those who often posted such remarks! We shall quietly rise again to prove those ppl wrong!

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

TBH the MD was wobbly. Imop LQL/QZH would've won, but no way to know for sure of course :D
    Anyhow, scoring 2 pts off China can't be the whole argument for being strong - Malaysia could've managed that as well (LCW, MD, maybe XD...), but they didn't even make it out of their group....if they can win the XD, Korea is definitely the biggest threat to China. The MD point is also crucial, with Korea being favorites to take it. They're also the only team that has a chance at all to score 2 Ladies points, although tbh the WD would have to be an off day for WXL/YY.
    Anyhow, I think INA is in fact improving again after 6-7 years of steady decline...good to see.

12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

that depends on your definition of 'really strong' really.

have 5 Olympics Champions, 5 World Champions, 5 All England Champions, 5 World No 1, Thomas Cup, Uber Cup and Sudirman Cup at the same time is not strong enough for you!

would like to know your definition of strong.

13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

that's the spirit!

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think he meant 'as strong and dominant as the last few years'. I don't disagree - FHF/CY have been troubled by injury, and that they're at an all-time low has been proven by their loss against the 2nd-class INA pairing. The XD pairs seem to be below their best as well, XC/MJ had a very good record against the Indonesian XD and still lost today.
    Anyhow, despite China being weaker than in the last SC, they're still the very heavy favorites to win. Only Korea might be able to throw them off course, and that kinda stands and falls with KSH, actually (as they'd need both the XD and MD point, and have only slim chances of scoring in the WD/MS).

15. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    It's probability and statistics. China has won 8 times in the last 9 Sudirman cups.

Assume China is not perfect, not 100% guaranteed to win, it's a science effect to lose 1 or 2 sometimes. Many newspapers predicted each time China had a chance of winning at 60% against Indonesia. This is very stupid and absurd prediction. If China had only 60% for each team, then only 21% chance winning the cup, then only 0.000102% chance winning 9 cups in a row.

Being able to have won 8 cups out of 9, China has to win each cup at 93%, which implies chance to win over each team, Indonesia or Korea, at 97.6%.

Therefore the only thing against China's winning is probability and statistics. Any team, Indonesia or Korea, with only 2.4% chance against China, have a chance to win the cup in 1 out of 9 consecutive Sudirman tournaments.

#115 2cents, May 23, 2013
  16. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    Yup I talking to you.

So how many win did KOR get against CHN ?? And how many they lost ??

17. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

historically, they are the last team defeated China in both Sudirman Cup and Uber cup.

as in this version of SC, both their MD/XD have a close to 50/50 chance, and the WS/WD can do it as well especially in team event.

18. tuingtuing

tuingtuing Regular Member

employee
    I'm proud of INA team,despite of failure to reach SF target, I saw players gave everything they had, record that even other considered strong teams like DEN, KOR or JPN may not fulfill, steal 2 points from reigning champion China

19. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    According to this post you deny the INA team as strong because their records against CHN in SC history is poor (despite the orriginally posting you replied cite on current INA SC team as strong --not the overall INA team in SC history-- based on 2 point they got from CHN which none of the many recent years INA SC team could achieve in the past. I have told you before but you not replied it).
    So based on your statement I can conclude that your definition of a strong team in SC is the team that have good head to head history against CHN overall in SC history, that's why I asking you how the head to head between KOR and CHN. Why now you bring me the reason that you pointed at KOR as strong based on they are the last team in because they are the last team who beat CHN in SC and UC ????? And I think again according to your first statement the chance of winning in this SC edition also not relevant isn't it ???

#119 drquick, May 23, 2013
  20. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

I really hope China will lose at this edition, just to Shut AlanY up.
    Denmark has a chance to beat them in MD, XD, and WD.
    Wang Xiaoli/ Yu Yang are just a whole bunch of cheaters.( OG 2012).