share pictures of your stringing machines!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Marlboro

Marlboro Regular Member

I just file it flat:)
    5.JPG

2. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    Here's the machine I'm using/learning on at the moment - my Grandad's (at his house). Don't know what make it is, think he said he bought it in around 1977....

Tension checked the other day, 25 on the dial is 24. Strung these new rackets at an indicated 26 which is the most I dared to do without side supports and approx 24lbs after tension loss seems to suit me best anyway. (BG80 Power string for anyone wondering)

20130106_133609 (1024x754).jpg
    20130106_134847 (1024x768).jpg

3. bigeyedog

bigeyedog New Member

Electrical Technologist
    Eagnas Flex-740 and DIY stand

I made this DIY stand with a office chair base and wood.
    It does not look good, but it's rigid and very useful,
    with tool trays, the whole machine is turnable,
    the height is adjustable and very ease to move with wheels installed.

Attached Files:

4. vienly

vienly Regular Member

Networking
    Well here's mine, bought it from Watdon, the instruction manuals were cryptic as hell, took me 2 hours to set up the machine and mount the Wise

2013-01-30 13.21.17.jpg

5. sgodoy

sgodoy New Member

Sergio's Machine

Hi,

Decided to share some pics of my stringing machine. Here are some features:
    • Premium Stringer 3600
      • Base was cut to move tension head closer to mounts to allow pre weaving.
    • W&D Dual Clamps
    • Michal Chudek
    • Gamma Quick Action Base Clamps
    • W&D Load Spreaders
    • Wise 2086
      • Becuase I was able to move the tension head closer, i had to drill holes in the machine to mount the tension head
    • Pro's Pro Universal Floor Stand

DSC02595.JPG DSC02596.JPG DSC02597.JPG DSC02598.JPG DSC02599.JPG DSC02600.JPG DSC02601.JPG DSC02602.JPG

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor

that's some pretty hardcore modding to your machine. thanks for sharing.

with the tensioner so close, are you able to put on the diablo?

7. sgodoy

sgodoy New Member

Sure can, the picture make it look close than it is. The difficult part of this mod was cutting the base of the turn style. Good thing was that they constructed the base out of aluminum so i was able to use a chop saw with a sepcial aluminum cutting blade. The original mounts that came with the Premium 3600 were not good at all for badminton, the racquet kept moving so, I did some research and order these custom mounts which was the best investment for this machine. The Gamma fix clamp base didnt not install easy either. I needed to go to the local hardware store and buy some extra washers as the nut and bots were to close. This caused to much friction making the Gamma bases move very stiff; the washers solved that issue. I used the old Wise 2086 tension head before but this new model I have on this machine is an improved model. The string gripper is designed a bit different but seems to grip the string at lower position and that seems to aid in gripping. The other change was that the new Wise model can tension as low as 15lbs but I dont see that i will go that low. I love the fact that I decided to go with the table top model as I have taken this to tournaments around Southern California and used it in many occasions, string racquets for my friends.

8. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

Got myself a new Yonex Protech 8 - makes stringing a breeze!

ProTech8-2.JPG ProTech8-1.JPG Machine2.JPG

kwun likes this.
  9. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

Right - I found all Eagnas quality is very "sandy" as well. Paint job is shotty too. Had a base clamp break on me before. Keep in mind that you pay for what you get ;)

10. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

My new expensive toy ;)

ProTech8.jpg

11. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Hi, this is my new stringing machine - Spinfire Flame with Wise 2086 tension head from TennisWarehouse (they had a special on Spinfire 20% off). I have tested it and the tension is looking good, but a little noisy (compared to my drop-weight machine). It has the new diablo - no getting loose now. Cannot string anything yet as my badminton clamps were left out of the shipment. I also need load spreaders that I will order from MBS. I don't have 360 rotation - will look at that in future - probably just raise the turntable a little.
    DSC02990.jpg DSC02992.jpg

12. Michal

Michal Regular Member

johnlowe88
    Regarding the height. You are right. You need to raise a turntable.
    The idea below
    a.JPG
    d.JPG

13. johnlowe88

IT Consultant
    Michal, yes, thanks for this. I had already had this idea and also had seen what others had been doing. My problem is the four bolts are tightened so much, that I cannot loosen them with a 6mm hex right-angle screwdriver. The ones on the bottom are similar. Also I see that this machine has an AEF serial number, so I guess AEF makes them. I will see if I can find a larger 6mm allen key.

14. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    IMG_6041.jpg IMG_6042.jpg IMG_6043.jpg IMG_6045.jpg IMG_6046.jpg IMG_6047.jpg IMG_6048.jpg IMG_6050.jpg IMG_6051.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

16. Fabminton

Fabminton New Member

I rly love ur Pics here!
    Some of u are talking about:

Watdon's badminton fixed clamps
    (similar to this?: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Automatik-Haltezange-Bespannungsmaschine-Besaitungsmaschine-Bespannmaschine-/370631875982?pt=DE_Sport_Schl%C3%A4gersportarten_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item564b619d8e)

and Michael ...'s Special Side supports (i got V-Mount-Badmintonsupport of Gamma)

Can u tell me where i can get those "Upgrades" (im from Germany)?

Now im using Gamma FC602 Dropweight + Badminton Support and Yonex Flying Clamps. But id like 2 have some nice Central Clamps.

Ty Fab

17. johnlowe88

IT Consultant
    After stringing a few racquets, and having the handle keep hitting the Wise, I decided it was time to raise the turntable. The bolts were so tight, I had to use a rubber mallet to bash the allen key to loosen them. Also when the turntable was turning, it wasn't smooth, so it was a chance to look at the bearings. After removing it all, I found a broken bearing race on the bottom bearing. I made a spacer out of 12mm thick aluminium that I happened to have sitting around. I bored out the center so that it would fit the head of the bolt. Incidentally this entire design leaves much to be desired. The reason why the turning is so tight is because everything turns around a 10mm diameter bolt. To prevent slop, the bolt has to be tightened up against the bearing so that it is almost unable to be turned by hand, but then it does work when the turntable is mounted, due to the weight. This quite likely will also lead to premature failure of the bearings. Anyway, I had to also fit a few extra washers to get clearance for the racquet handle. Ideally I should raise it by 15mm or a little more. I will look at a redesign of this area in the near future to make it much more robust.

Attached Files:

18. thicthichieu

thicthichieu New Member

Stringer
    waiting Wise 2086 for my EXThree EX2600 ---> expectations face hihihi

19. morrow

morrow Regular Member

Here is mine.victor c-7032, arrival at 20131120,i'm eager for the 1st string break... 01.jpg 02.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg

20. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

IMG_3645.jpg IMG_3660.jpg IMG_3677.jpg IMG_3680.jpg IMG_3682.jpg
    The club I string at ordered Alpha Ghost. Was pretty fun to use!!