Indian Badminton League (IBL)

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by depleter, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Lol! But why is everything in this league is "We cannot name them yet" "we cannot reveal them yet"...

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    The amount just doesn't make sense. Something is wrong here.

What about advertising revenues? Companies like Star or Sony will not generally negotiate revenue-sharing.

Again, not enough hard fact up front, and too much unsaid. The strange thing is, I can't find any release by Star on the subject. I'm assuming this will be on the new Star Sports 2 and the likelihood is that many of the matches will not be broadcasted live or in prime time.

3. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

lol, because in the past when they say "on board" they usually mean we have mentioned it to them and maybe they will be on board in the future but the haven't been answering our telephone calls:D

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I'd take that youtube streaming thing just now with a pinch -no, make that a huge dose of salt! :D ESPN Star isn't just going to allow it's audience to walk away...

Perhaps just another instance of name-dropping? ;)

5. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    There is a star sports 2..?? Is it in Canada or India..lol

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    LOL! Wicked! :p

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  8. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Lol! No, may be Star Sports will sell it to some company like IPL sold by Sony to India times...Or star sports creating it's own special channel.
    But Star sports has been streaming cricket videos for quite a while in India now...So, I don't think it would be such a big thing if it streamed IBL too..

9. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
  10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I know Google... ;) :D

12. Xpert

Xpert Regular Member

Consultant
  13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  14. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Is there any rules/properly laid out format to this league yet?
    I am interested to find out if the team has to be fixed before anyone in the team starts playing on the night or if after each game it will be on the spot decisions who to feed in next.(can't see juniors getting a game if it is fixed before hand). Also can a player play in more than one event in the same match or no? Will there even be detailed rules?:D
    [MENTION=104048]scorpion1[/MENTION] Yeah I think he was doing it on star value v talent v price and thought Schenk was a big star value and Saina could very well lose games and cost a lot more therefore bad value relatively. But commercially she is way more massive over their so he probably wrong. Also think he was wrong as kido is more versatile and will be the one used for mixed also not Jongjit. But whatever.
    Who do you think best/worst buys and why?

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I have seen an article in that it was said that there would not be any time for franchisee/player meeting for team building. Straight from the world championships, players would have only 3 days left. And also, if LCW wins the world championships, then it would be difficult for him to come back to India on time since the celebrations in malaysia will go overboard. Franchises need to form a table for allocating the players for the correct category. I wonder if the author of the blog might even know about the player's history in badminton. Juliane might have won saina in her last encounter. Saina is 8-3 H2H against Juliane i think. The author's insight on the sport seems to me immature and biased .

16. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    [video=youtube;DOLhkpTsKvs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DOLhkpTsKvs&list =UU-Eg6RWnlYyuPK8hyAC32og[/video]

Saina's and LCW's auction..I find it funny actually...lol..

And looks like ESPN is actually going to air it...

17. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Yeah i meant fixed on the night or non fixed i.e after each individual game(ms-ws etc) they can put who they want on or would the order and whole team be announce at the start of the night?

With regards to Saina and Schenk. 8-4HH record. Saina is playing world champs and might go deep, she will probably bring small injuries to IBL where Schenk will be fresh, he did say that. The authors insight in this case is completely logical. Seriously the irony "immature and biased" you make joke yes:D

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    The author is from Denmark i think. He was on complete support for Denmark MD players. This is franchisee's decision to buy whom and invest how much.? He gone one step further saying something like this.."Even Joachim Fischer, who is an outstanding team player, would no doubt benefit from playing with Christinna Pedersen instead of Ponnappa"- Did Joachim came and said to the author something like that??? :rolleyes:.This IBL is purely based on the principle to give indian players some exposure against top class players and sharing their experiences and having one on one talk between them. This is not normal tournament where you will expect or demand for a particular partner to increase their comfortlevel :rolleyes:. Then how come indian players get that experience??. They should know that IBL is mainly for Indian players to get experience in a multi-dimensional team.

19. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

You have misunderstood what he has written. He covered that he thought there was different ways in which putting the teams together might have been concluded. Star factor(promotion) v talent and was very clear about not being sure each teams motives were, he did not insult that

Then he say "There are a number of factors to consider putting a winning team together"
    So now he is purely basing his opinion on if he were to try and put a team together solely based on trying to win the league and not any of the other stuff that is important to this league.
    He was trying to get the point across that buying one star doubles player is not really going to cut it for winning as there is only so much one player can carry a doubles pair again for his idea of a winning team. Also the thing you say about Fischer is silly. Of course he would be better playing with his long term partner that he trains with day in day out with for the purposes of winning.

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Anyhow, it is a good thing for a sport like badminton in india. Giving chances for young players to improve their levels and experience in this league by mingling with many world class players all around in a single team, they have done an excellent job. Hopefully, they use the maximum benefit of it and give fruitful results for their nation and increase the chances of getting many titles and bring laurels to the country and their coaches.
    I miss WD category here. From next edition onwards, i hope that atleast they will plan for the best and give importance to WD as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.