Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    That is right, Mr Skeletor is laughing all the way to the bank..wakakaka!!:D
    Convert USD135K to MAS ringgit, hmmm, that is >500K ringgit to just play a week in India with no CHN boys there so just a stroll and get to enjoy the real curry thingie there...1 week of playing baddy there and that is how many times an engineer makes in MAS for a year...okay, let's don't mix up the engineer with Datuk title and govt connection type, I mean those hard working, ordinary engineer that bring their own lunch box to work, the Joe 6-pack;)

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    life is good.............. ;)

3. kaki!

kaki! Regular Member

Small correction: most engineers don't have 6-pack.

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Not that one. This one.... :D

[​IMG]

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    For enjoying such a kind of life, he had to sacrifice his 30 years of his life to Malaysian country and badminton..;):)

6. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Cobalt is correct...Joe 6-pack refers to beer that comes in 1/2 dozen and means ordinary working stiff like me.

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I am not sure you can call it 'sacrifice', cos Datuk does quite well, thank you very muchy, actually Datuk is the most financially successful baddy player in MAS history.
    Those who sacrifice are those who invested their youth, prime time chasing a baddy career and going nowhere and retire to coaching to make ends meet.
    I am sure in a heart beat, MAS kids would want to sacrifice to be in Datuk shoes. It is a job after all. Sure beat pounding heads on calculus and staring at computer screen designing projects when playing a game and makes many times more dough and have the whole nation kissing your butt.;)

#9467 OneToughBirdie, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Lol.. Especially even before Datuk, so many players has arised from Malaysia and even now many players are playing with him, but i don't think anybody else had such a great welcome all over the world . Being in the top (Number 1) for so many years in a sport like Badminton where chinese are dominating is really marvellous :). He deserves all the remuneration :). Many brain storming geniuses arises in the world including malaysia sitting in front of computer (engineers), but they never been identified by many except their neighbours and friends ;). That's the difference. What's wrong in getting such a recognition from people around the globe..!! He completely deserves what he is having now...;)

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    It is so easy to hero worship the successful baddy players, may it be LD or LCW. I had posted years ago and my heart goes out to those players who invested time playing for their countries, entertain us and end up at the other end of the food chain, forgotten and at times being mocked at and when their services to the nation are no longer being needed, they are cast aside, penalized for going independent players. These players are my heroes, the real sacrifice to their nation.

10. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Well-wishings from all well-wishers. It's Malaysia sending their only lone ranger-son into war. Godspeed. Be it that the whole administration is just piggy backing on your small frame for fame and $$$, we wish you all the best!

In the words of Hong Kong filmstar, Chow Sing Chi, who once said in his directed film, Shaolin Soccer : 你是最好的,你知道吗?

View attachment 147217 View attachment 147218

11. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    datuke certainly deserve all the $$$ but he is the TOP of badminton pyramid... and he only getting paid this much, datuke has to be compare to top earners from other field like bill gates & etc. datukee is actually earning peanuts

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Maybe it is more appropriate to compare with the other top athletes, say in tennis, soccer, basketball, baseball, golf or even cricket and still the datuk may be getting pittance! So badminton still has a long, long way to go!

Will the IBL or other badminton leagues be able to change matters and help increase the overall earnings of professional badminton players? Will prize monies grow much higher to benefit and retain badminton talents in the professional circuit?

13. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
  14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    The last time the WC was played, in London, LCW came to within a whisker's width of taking the title. Might as well have been a mile, because it was LD he was looking at over the rope.

Who knows what will happen in this year's edition? The one thing I do know is that the other great person who was on court the last time of the World Championships MS finals, will not be there, ever again. Miss you, Cormac!

View attachment 147310

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Both chong weis in the malaysia singles team training ahead of the WC2013 in GZ, China.
    Not sure if I'm supposed to post this. Hope chen long, lin dan and LYB is not watching this:D
    [video=youtube;TkIX88dXF6s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkIX88dXF6s[/video]

16. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

What language is that person speaking?

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  18. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Ah okay. It didn't sound like Malay to me.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

The lady in that first video? Sounds Malay. Surely not Chinese.

20. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Not Malay. Or maybe a mix of Malay and something else. As a former Malaysian I couldn't understand it if it was Malay!