Indian Badminton League (IBL)

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by depleter, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    That "author" is more like a "contributor" and is certainly not DS.

Another thought on all the reporting so far: It is not unknown for companies planning events etc to prepare the text for "articles" and provide it to selected press people, journalists and "contributors" for publication. This often explains inconsistent reporting, alien bloopers, outright fabrications and embellishments. Happens in more places than we'd care to know, all around the world.

Meanwhile, business goes on as usual....

and IMO, scorpion1 should loosen up a bit and not try to defend the indefensible, i.e. the rubbish that everyone knows is rubbish. It won't make him less of a fan or well-wisher or anything. Just more realistic. After all, a real friend is one who will always underline the bad while appreciating the good ;)

2. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    The author's eagerness to make the badminton "error free" atleast when it happens to be in India is clearly visible in his context. As India known to be a Super Power in "cricket" , the author tried to compare it with badminton . The author's good intention to bring the badminton sport to higher standards is completely acceptable . The author's part is to bring it to the "eyes" of the officials who are responsible for the possible solution. Hence, it is upto the authorities whether to bring it or not. Already, BWF has been trying to produce a "hawk" eye camera to tackle the line call judgements. But still it is going in the negative side.
    There is no wrong to express his willingness to make the badminton more interesting and with less controversies. Atleast he is trying to make it beautiful ..;)

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Is it so?? Schenk has been training hard with malaysian team as a spare(for world championships) . Do you know that??

I wanna inform you one thing about one of the badzine's article here. Before Sudirman cup 2013, they have published an article mentioning about players of india and everything related to that. They posted wrong information about the players who participated for INdia. In the women's double category, they mentioned Jwala along with aswini will represent for india in WD. This news was published the two days before Sudirman cup 2013. I commented on it and immediately the author apologised for his mistake and even said that he prepared that article before 10 days but posted it later.
    Here, It would have happened in the similar way. Silly mistakes happen. That does not mean the whole magazine is a faulty one. :)

#445 scorpion1, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]Indian Badminton League names U-19 players for franchises[/h]
    http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/18691...nton-league-names-u-19-players-for-franchises

EXCERPTS:

The Indian Badminton League (IBL) Friday named five of the six Under-19 promising players for its franchises.

According to IBL rules, each franchisee must include one promising India Under-19 shuttler in addition to those bought at the auction. The players were chosen by each franchisee from their respective catchment area.

The following is the list of the players: Harsheel Dani (Mumbai Masters), Utkarsh Arora (Delhi Smashers), Revathi Devasthale (Pune Pistons), C Rahul Yadav (Hyderabad Hotshots), Daniel Farid (Banga Beats).

The sixth franchisee, Awadhe Warriors, is in the process of finalising the young player and the name will be announced shortly.

The $1 million IBL will be held August 14-31.

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I'm referring to financial arrangements of course.

Unless these arrangements are publicized it would be difficult to find out.
    It really depends on the parties involved.

For example in the IBL a new form of reward is in the auction system whereby a base price for a player is set and is up to the teams to bid, the highest bidder wins.

Unfortunately in the IBL case, although the foreign player is committed to play some felt short changed because they were paid lower than the locals who are of lower world ranking. Although an explanation has been given that the IBL's priority it seems, is to promote local talent. And team selectors may not know much about the qualities of the foreign player especially when everything seems to be in a rush. Even the news reporting cannot be fully relied on. IMO this disparity cannot sustain.

Another example of financial arrangement could be that a player has agreed on an appearance or participation fee that may not be disclosed in public.

Or a player is promised a commercial contract or sponsorship, etc.

#447 Loh, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    IMO. It seems like some of them are very much interested in IBL to make it look like bad when they never ever try to speak about their own league like CBSL is on to discuss. I wish them to open up a thread for CBSL as well to debate the issues in it. I hope it will give more insight about other leagues as well so that how they treating players especially foreign players and how much they are giving them etc. I doubt it. :D

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    The language problem as explained earlier.

I'm sure the Chinese would like to have someone like you to explain the IBL in Chinese in their forum.

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I asked about this forum. Is there any thread which discusses about CBSL? If so, i will prepare certain queries whatever you asked here so that everybody in this forum will be able to know more about CBSL as well. :D

And also, Not only in this forum, i have so many chinese friends who were very much interested in IBL and i explained the happenings here :). But you are the one who is asking the same query 100 times and expecting replies from everybody..;):p

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hahaha....you've been repeating a thousand times.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    good intention is a justification for poorly written articles? I was given the impression sportskeeda had higher standards ;)

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Hey, I do know that she has been training with the msian team. And that doesn't mean she is entered for the world championship. We knew she wasn't playing quite a while ago. So that sportskeeda article wrote wrong information - it's wrong information given out. Wrong is wrong. Have a look at the draw for the women's singles on the BWF website. Tacit admission of wrong facts will go further.

14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yep. I knew that she is not taking part in the tournament.

The author of the article might not have known about the facts when he/she has written the article. This happens to every online magazine (as i pointed out some information about badzine in the earlier post) . Sportskeeda covers all the sports not only badminton as if badzine does. They are taking excellent steps to cover all the details from all the corners. Silly mistakes do happen.

Tacit admission of wrong facts will go further - I did not accept the wrong facts which are given in the sportskeeda like juliane's particpation etc. You can give a comment on that article so that they will apologise to you.

15. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

didn't notice. I will organize a medal for you immediately.:D

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Ha ha.. Just wanted to inform about the repost. Don't need an award or anything..

#456 scorpion1, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  17. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Ha ha I know thanks.

Have you posted this already? some weird stuff, still it says home and away matches yet has the schedule directly under:D but some format I had not heard
    http://www.sportstaronnet.com/stories/20130810501901000.htm

Each team must nominate a minimum of four players (three men and one woman) for a match.

b) Not more than three foreign players can play in a match.
    c) No player shall play more than two matches in a tie.

18. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yep. Certain rules are followed in IBL. But still i wonder what does 'home' and 'away' here as the schedule shows differently.

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one

He himself rung the authorities of Awadhe warriors and asked them for his inclusion. Strange right?? After so many discussions about Boe's controversial comments, i felt it so weird. If he is so desperate in joining IBL, why did he made so much irritating comments like he won't come to india again to participate in any tournaments ??.. But still, IBL authorities took those comments so easily and considered his request. That's a great news for him..

#460 scorpion1, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.