Indian Badminton League (IBL)

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by depleter, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

I don't think so, in the reposted article:) It said he had talked with organizers of IBL to be included but it was up to the teams to now pick him at his reduced price. so no contact with Awadhe.

In a moment of anger he has made these statements in lieu of all he had done to make it possible for him to play.

I think he is trying to make up for his "irritating comments" by still supporting the event and being proactive in getting back on side. Basically he likes the idea of the league and wants to be on board. (I don't think it's about the money at present but more the money it could inject in the future probably)

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Stadium to be opened on August 3

Press Trust of India | Last updated on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 18:31
    http://sports.ndtv.com/othersports/...bhbhai-patel-stadium-to-be-opened-on-august-3

After a delay of a few years, the newly built multi-purpose Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Stadium at Worli in central Mumbai is to be opened on August 3, its owners -- National Sports Club of India (NSCI) -- announced on Wednesday.

The indoor stadium is air-conditioned and has a seating capacity of 3,150 which can be expanded to fit in another 2,500 persons.

The stadium, currently the only one of its kind in Maharashtra, is set to host matches of the inaugural Indian Badminton League from August 14-31.

It will also host the World Karate Championship featuring participants from 45 nations, a press release here said.

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    IBL: Olympic silver-medallist Mathias Boe to play for Awadhe Warriors

Press Trust of India | Last updated on Saturday, 03 August 2013
    http://sports.ndtv.com/othersports/...llist-mathias-boe-to-play-for-awadhe-warriors

Excerpt:

Commenting on the decision to select Boe, Awadhe Warriors' Mr Abhijit Sarkar, said, "We are extremely delighted to bag one of the best doubles players in the world. I'm confident Mathias Boe will be a great asset for Awadhe Warriors in the forthcoming IBL."

Boe said he was delighted at being picked in the IBL.

"India is a great badminton country with so many fans and I really look forward to be part of the event. I have been involved in the IBL from the beginning and have made myself available for the League this year," he said.

4. vpsingh

vpsingh Regular Member

The IT Guy
    Thank You Boe. I was certain you will "like" India after all. :p

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    After this u-turn about India, boe might marry sania...

6. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I would like to believe, it was me who informed Boe about the unavailability about the Thai player and that he should contact the officials again. I wouldn't mind if he offers me a ticket or two for some of his matches :D

By the way, whats with Akshay-Pranav pair? In the world championship their draw says - No match, which probably means both the teams have not reported. Is there some injury or are they preparing for IBL by skipping WC!!

#466 paroxysmal, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sania ?? She is already married :D...

8. vpsingh

vpsingh Regular Member

The IT Guy
    Sania is the tennis player - she plays doubles these days and is already married.
    Saina is the one, I hope, you are referring to. Given her fame in India, I am certain she won't have any trouble getting a millionaire here.;)

9. paroxysmal

Yes
    If she doesnt change her mind, she should get married to kashyap in the future. Gopi doesnt seem to be too happy with this so called affair. I am not making this up. Her biography says so.

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Was that mentioned in biography ?? Really , there is an affair with these two ??

11. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    :) They arent yet married nor engaged so let it be left to them. Privacy is a Right I believe. Anyways when two players travel together, they are bound to be friends and seen in the same hotel lobby, media needs gossip to throw it out of proportions... so leave it at that.

I guess he was referring to Sania for her history not SN, as SN would be a hard catch. And about the millionaire thing he must have someting really special for SN leaving a billionaire and settling down for a millionaire?

12. SibugiChai

YAB
    Hahaha.. But boe money if convert to Indian rupee, he is consider millionaires ?

anyway, by boe style, I think he prefer jwala gutta, their love might be like those in movies where eternal enemy become lolovers

boe and jwala makes perfect couples

#472 SibugiChai, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  13. paroxysmal

Yes
    Yes. It was also mentioned that she had a marriage proposal from a famous boxer from north India (my guess ?Vijender Singh....who else can it be), which was rejected by her parents.

14. SibugiChai

YAB
    in Hyderabad, is it the woman side who give dowry ?

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]IBL: Malaysia’s Liew replaces Wong in Delhi Smashers[/h]http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/08/08/ibl-malaysias-liew-replaces-wong-in-delhi-smashers/

EXCERPTS:

The $1 million Indian Badminton League (IBL) today announced that men’s singles World No.16 Daren Liew of Malaysia has replaced Hong Kong shuttler Wong Wing Ki in the Delhi Smashers franchise.

Wong got injured at the ongoing World Championships in Guangzhou, China. The IBL governing council approved the request from the Smashers after his unfortunate layoff was conveyed to them by the Hong Kong Badminton Association.

“Daren Liew is one of the most exciting players to watch in the sport and we hope to benefit enormously with this association. We also wish the injured Wong Wing Ki speedy recovery,” said Delhi Smashers chief executive Kartikeya Rao.

On getting selected, Liew said: “It’s a great feeling to be part of the IBL and I’m looking forward to join my teammates at Delhi Smashers.”

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Sindhu must be bargain of the century now. :)

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Still she lacks so much of consistency.. I don't believe in her unless she proves it consistently in all the tournaments..

18. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Well this thread looks dead....I am gonna update it now....As many important updates are left behind..

And the main thing of all, and I must say I am pleasantly surprised....

Vodafone named title sponsor of IBL

New Delhi - Vodafone India have been roped in as the title sponsors of the $1 million Indian Badminton League (IBL).
    Speaking on the association, Vodafone India’s chief commercial officer Vivek Mathur said: “We see a great initiative in the Indian Badminton League. Badminton is a sport that most Indians associate with and we see this as a paradigm shift in the sports entertainment industry.”
    Speaking on this occasion, Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Akhilesh Das Gupta said: “We welcome Vodafone to the IBL family. We look forward to a strong and successful association and their presence will add goodwill to the league.”
    The league will kick-off Aug 14 here with a match between Delhi Smashers and Pune Pistons. The top four of the six franchises will clash in the semifinals and the winners will meet in the final Aug 31 in Mumbai.
    from sports keeda

19. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    IBL: Malaysia’s Liew replaces Wong in Delhi Smashers

New Delhi - The $1 million Indian Badminton League (IBL) today announced that men’s singles World No.16 Daren Liew ofMalaysia has replaced Hong Kong shuttler Wong Wing Ki in the Delhi Smashers franchise.
    Wong got injured at the ongoing World Championships in Guangzhou, China. The IBL governing council approved the request from the Smashers after his unfortunate layoff was conveyed to them by the Hong Kong Badminton Association.
    “Daren Liew is one of the most exciting players to watch in the sport and we hope to benefit enormously with this association. We also wish the injured Wong Wing Ki speedy recovery,” said Delhi Smashers chief executive Kartikeya Rao.
    On getting selected, Liew said: “It’s a great feeling to be part of the IBL and I’m looking forward to join my teammates at Delhi Smashers.”

from sports keeda

#479 depleter, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  20. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    IBL announces Indian Under-19 players for five franchisees

The Indian Badminton League (IBL) has announced the names of the Under-19 players for five of its franchisees today.
    As per the IBL rules, apart from the auction buys, each of the franchisees are supposed to pick up an India Under-19 player as the 11th player in their squad.
    Harsheel Dani, ranked No. 2 in the Under-19 boys single category and winner of the U-19 boys singles title in the National championship held in Imphal, has been picked up by Mumbai Masters.
    Gold medallist in boys singles and bronze medal winner in the team event in the 2012 National School Games held in Pune, Utkarsh Arora has been named by Krrish Delhi Smashers.
    Pune Pistons, on the other hand, have picked up five-time Maharashtra captain and two-time state under-17 singles winner Revathi Devasthale.
    Hyderabad Hotshots have named 16 year old, Sub Junior National Champion 2012, C. Rahul Yadav. He is currently ranked No.2 in Under-17 and No.4 in Under-19.
    Daniel Farid, winner of the U-17 All India Junior ranking tournament 2013 at FNCC, Hyderabad, has been picked up by Banga Beats. He had also won the bronze medal in the U-15 ANA Asian Badminton Championship in 2011.
    Awadhe Warriors (Lucknow) are yet to finalize their 11th player.
    The 11th player for each team was selected by the franchisee themselves and informed the IBL Governing Council on their final choices.

#480 depleter, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.