2013 Wang Lao Ji BWF World Championships : Day 6 (10th August 2013) - SEMIFNALS

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by CLELY, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I suppose the umpire is trying to be firm yet fair and balanced in such a prestigious event, not that easy to do. But I must say she is quite lenient, keep issuing verbal warnings until her patience broke, then issued a yellow card followed by a red card next transgression(for delaying tactic by Boe) at the crucial moment. If she had done it much earlier, the 3rd time would be a black card meaning disqualification,that would be shocking drama, unprecedented.

Frankly, I'm more amused than anything because Boe/Mo's antics are mild compared with the 'infamous brat', McEnroe in tennis, who is largely tolerated and even loved by some till today. Maybe some people just loved to have some drama to add spice in an otherwise boring life (of immaturity and emptiness?).

That's why when some of you guys keep bickering over WSX's shrieks and CM's screams - which is worse and off-putting - I find it a storm in a tea cup. But what really annoys me is fans picking on one (eg WSX's is a turn-off) and apologizing for the other (CM's is acceptable,even good) because it all smacks of brazen bias depending on which player/nationality you support (except for those just having some lighthearted fun, nothing personal).

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Badminton-wise, I think both Boe/Mo and Ahsdan/Setiawan have equal chance to win tomorrow.

4. Drive Warrior

Drive Warrior Regular Member

Engineer
    Interestingly Boe's twitter has a pic of him dressed up as McEnroe

5. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    well if there is loud music vs loud machinery noise i'd choose loud music anyday...

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Too bad. Everything went against the teams I was rooting for today - Cai Yun really seemed out of it, despite dull and predictable play by Ahsan they didn't quite get their foot in, and Kim/Kim were unable to stop the Danes. Not having seen the match I can't say how much the Danes went back to their disruptive and altogether un-sportsmanlike behavior, but I certainly don't feel they deserve the Gold when over the last year several MD pairs have performed better than them.
    I also don't want the Indonesians to win it, although that is just based on my not quite rational dislike of Ahsan :D Still, they're my favorites to win this, and imop deserve it more than the Danes as well.
    In the other disciplines, I pretty much don't care as long as LCW gets to the Final. I really want to see how Lin Dan matches up to him this year, his match against Chen Long was interesting to say the least, yet his SF was a complete gift (neither LD nor LCW have ever had to play even near their 100% to beat NTM - he certainly works hard, but at the same time has such a boring style and really no finesse whatsoever in his game).
    DPY vs LCW is gonna be interesting - my bet is that LCW can win in straight sets, and he really should to be in good shape tomorrow. Unless DPY steps up and shows more than he did in earlier stages, that's what's gonna happen, as LCW attacks are more penetrating and varied than virtually any other player's (except an in-shape Lin Dan, of course) and Du has already struggled a bit in each match, winning everything in three sets.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

How come CBA never thought of asking Xu Chen to play MD, only Zhang Nan did?

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

They should let the Danes be umpired by the Belgian guy more often (service judge in the other MD SF). He umpired their match against JJS/LYD at the French Open, and established early on that he would not tolerate Boe's usual underhanded tactics to influence the service judge or delay the game too much. He didn't even need to issue a yellow card, and the match went on relatively smoothly (still some delays, but nothing like the OG SF, for example).

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    amazing rally.

10. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

So far, i got 1 wrong for my prediction. Not bad.
    I didn't expect that Korean WD can overcome Chinese WD.
    Other than that, it is all expected.
    I really hope Indonesia can get 2 titles.( though XD seems much more difficult than MD).

11. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Frankly speaking, I don't like BoMo's behaviour on court ... challenging the umpire, calling for referee.. bad attitude I say... But on the other hand, cannot help but admit that they are technically competent players who won big tournaments... Very perplexing..... don't know whether to like or hate them...

12. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    this is excellent.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well, it seems what is music and what is noise is subjective not objective to you,isn't it? How do you tell the difference, what's your criterion? Does everybody else agree with you that one is 'loud music' whilst the other is 'loud noise'? Is there an impartial,scientific measurement that we can all agree upon? Anyway, this is trivial to me. Just some casual remarks, not wanting to start an argument over it.:)

14. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

Can't wait to see LCW vs Lin Dan tomorrow!!!!
    so excited.
    I really really hope LCW can beat Lin Dan, once and for all in World Championship.
    LCW boleh!!!

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Xu Chen is quite an interesting character on court.

16. phili

phili Regular Member

I hope today we will see him doing gymnastics again :D

17. gogor

gogor Regular Member

xu chen was md player. where were you at that time?

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Xu Chen partnered with Guo ZD. You don't remember?

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Can DuPY do better than WZM and Tommy or will he end up minced meat like them?

20. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

Chong Wei, prok prok prok.
    Chong Wei, prok prok prok.

be a World Champion in 2013, and present it to WMC and Kingston Lee.
    :D