2013 Wang Lao Ji BWF World Championships : Day 7 (11th August 2013) - FINALE!!

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by clawhammers, Aug 10, 2013.

1. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

Wow I cannot believe that I had seated in front my laptop for 9 hours.:eek: Overall it was a really an exciting WC final with 4 of 5 matches being played in 3sets. I feel happy to see other countries rise up to win WC which made the badminton world more colorful. Congrats to all winner and I do feel bad for LCW:crying:. Sigh, but Ratchanok made up my day by winning the WS:) Kudos to all players for the great game.

2. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

I really enjoyed this finals day! So many close sets and matches! So many comebacks in this WC! Emerging stars and recordbreakers! Many individual points and matches where so good they felt like instant classics! Was truly be a WC to remember!!

Tien Minh Nguyen and Du Pengyu the two workers getting the medals I think they deserve, and so on.

Sad it had to end it way it did though...Maybe LCW could've gotten the momentum going, after all he made that excellent netkill defense. Hopefully he isn't severly injured...

#1022 Giga01, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  3. mo han

mo han Regular Member

Totally true.

4. markuswair

markuswair Regular Member

Student
    The organizer once and again be so unprofessional in such a prestigious tournament. LCW's loss in the G2 could be chiefly attributed to this. He frequently misjudged the boy going to the sideline as out due to the change in the air speed. Again, such a shameful decision by the organizer! Booo

5. highmountain

highmountain Regular Member

Li xuerui is one of the best badminton player of the time. No disgrace, she has already won the Olympic. Slight setback, but congrats to the Thai player coz she played well today.

6. littlebro

littlebro Regular Member

I feel bad for the sour losers, you just need to try hard to find another excuse. The AC was already off in the semi finals because of the complaints from the players.

7. highmountain

li xuerui just stay positive, next world championship would be yours.

8. mo han

mo han Regular Member

Lin Dan is to badminton what Michael Jordan is to basketball or Tiger Woods is to golf..................the GOAT!!!!!

9. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Ah that's good. I can understand the whole idea of retiring while you're on top, but I also would like to see just how far he can go, because he's clearly still got plenty left in him (LCW too I hope).

10. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    can't believe they took the time to register and everything just to post these insults...lol

11. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

well, ok it seems that somehow topic has drifted far away.... while we are discussing the finals of the championship, somehow it seems that the focus is on LVW vs LD. anyway it is always the case....

but what i cant comprehend is the insult and abuses directed to the players and to the nations. i am not so sure about talking of other nations when the facts are all hypothetical. seriously, focus on the match.

well, did LCW fake his injuries? i can tell you, no. because the facts are on the table. 17-19, still got a chance to get the point when he can even run to get the shutter falling slowly. cmon, it is not even a hard shot to received. if he manage to get it, is it still wide open. Furthermore, if he were to quit, he would have quite before that. what for making a stunning double smashed save before faking an injury?

regarding the issue of match timing of previous day, air con, lines call, net call and such. seriously if we take those out, that would probably make a difference to the match, but to the results? we dont know. LD is still leading 2 points, you take away a net call, he is still leading a point. it is still a lead. the second match is a give away anyway, LCW made more mistakes in it that the umpire and lines judges, so stop sounding like he is going to get the 2nd game. so we pretty much cant predict the next 5 points by saying just that. who will win the game if it were to continue, i dont know.

maybe next year they will play again. they are afterall, both having good chances to have it the next year.

12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Big congrats to the Indonesian squad for a return to respectability after the all time low at London 2012. The PBSI shape up really came good within just under a year - time for BAM to do some soul searching.

An even bigger congrats to Thailand and Ratchanok for becoming the first and youngest WS winner for the country

And finally - huge applause to LD and LCW for showing yet another great spectacle for 3 straight years. Despite another defeat, LCW can really walk tall as without his services, Malaysia would have gone home empty.

As for LD, he proves again (not that I need to be reminded) that he is truly the numero uno of the current era. Forget all the comparisons with Rudy Hartono - that was a different era with different scoring system, equipment and training regime.

#1032 abedeng, Aug 11, 2013
  13. raksasa.gorgon

raksasa.gorgon Regular Member

Full Time Badminton Player
    With all the titles he won, there's no doubt that SuperDan reigns supreme in the world of badminton; DLCW will never ever match his greatness. However there's no debacle also that in this world, only DLCW can stop SuperDan. SuperDan will never reach his greatness without a great nemesis in DLCW.

The men's single game between SuperDan and DLCW has now evolved into a heavy weight boxing match. They used to trade quick blows like the junior weight categories with SuperDan using fast attacks while DLCW does defense counter punches. Nowadays they embrace Muhammad Ali's rule to float like a butterfly & sting like a bee; always probing, jabbing disguising strokes while waiting patiently for the killer blow...

For the past 2 years since 2011 WC edition, only these 2 great players have been able to play such style and stay on top.... LYI was the closest to this style without their speed nor power; CL is at best the junior LD...

14. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    well LCW could just be the most unlucky person in world badminton...born in the same era as the great LD as Gill Clark have said time and time again in each and every major final. He had his chance in the 3rd before the change of ends and he blew it. But hats off to him, the fact that he, a man of such high fitness can end the match like that proved that he worked really hard.

15. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

Here is the latest update that I got from Khairy Jamaluddin, Sport Minister twitter,

From Dr Ramlan of ISN: Appears to be cramps of the quads,needs urgent attention in hospital, for the dehydration & possible ascending cramps,

Dr Ramlan: when it goes up to abdomen & then to d chest. Let's pray that d cramps is confined to d quads & that our man is safe.

#1035 xsakurax, Aug 11, 2013
  16. badadum

badadum Regular Member

It's as simple as this, as a parent, do you want your children to go to university, earn a good finance or engineering degree and earn a good living
    OR
    train for hours to become good at this game, where potential for earnings and success are minimal, infrastructure and support can't be compared to the asian countries and future living after retirement from the game is cloudy?

Badminton has to be able to do what tennis did to achieve more world wide popularity.

17. highmountain

Including the Chinese women coaching team, time to wake up and work harder.

18. kopidude

kopidude Regular Member

Based purely on skills alone, Lin Dan is better than Lee Chong Wei.

19. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yeah I can't see that happening anytime soon :(. There's a similar sort of sports culture in Australia and NZ. It's such a shame, most people here haven't seen a proper game of badminton in their lives. Still, we just got a new free to air sports channel and I was able to watch badminton (outside the Olympics) on TV for the first time tonight (as opposed to YouTube)! So I hope they keep it up and show more tournaments.

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Among the minor medallists, Vietnam's Nguyen Tien Minh really stood out. A tireless workhorse who is capable of playing independently without coaches' presence, it is nice to see such persistence get rewarded.

Soon, Vietnam too will move further forward - their Sudirman Cup team did creditably in their division, and may soon challenge Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand for honours at South East Asia level.

So congrats, Nguyen TM .......