Shame on the commentators for claiming LD vs CL was not played for real

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by galaxyduo, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

I doubt that Lin Dan was away from badminton for as long as we think he was. He was just away from tournaments and the spotlight cause he had nothing left to prove. Not to mention that CL and DPY needed some attention too cause they will eventually be #1.

2. fauci

fauci Regular Member

That's what the ranking points say only. Lin Dan is a professional athlete who plans his career well with support from the best coaches and team colleagues. Would be naive to assume he was simply hanging around doing nothing for a year.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    why was it evident?

do we think he did that deliberately or just not realizing or too busy to deal with having the court mopped?

to deliberately not requesting for court mopping and (as mentioned in other thread) not taking in enough fluid during a world championship final would show a lack of common sense. i hope it was just a lack of concentration and not something deliberate in his part.

if they were deliberate, and those contribute to the factor that he lost, then i am afraid it is then his own fault and naiveness that he didn't take the gold medal this time. hardly anybody will give him credit for losing the WC final because he doesn't want the court mopped or to take in fluids.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thanks for making my points more clear. next time i will try to elaborate more instead of just a quick sentence which can be mis-interpreted.

5. Jediforce70

Jediforce70 Regular Member

Student
    I agree with you on this post. It is hard to match fix in a dynamic game of badminton.

Number 16) however is going a little too overboard. Please don't look down on us Singaporeans just because we only have a superseries event, or because our national squad isn't at a great level. You're being "racist" here.

I agree with everything else you say though. I did expect CL to win, but LD proved a good fight.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lin Dan during the 6-month break did have his personal trainer with him to keep him physically fit as far as possible but not fully fit because he had so many engagements, definitely no racquet training which showed the way he played at the CBSL and National Team Event in China as well as the PG Farewell Match - out of practice, out of touch.

Actually, I was more concerned about his motivation problem which I regard as the key factor for any player contemplating or nearing retirement but he proved me wrong, happily, by his right attitude, self-discipline and strong sense of responsibility towards his fans as he put it. He said since he's unexpectedly awarded a wild card by BWF and has accepted it, he should do a good job of it, esp when the WC is held in his home country and his wife's hometown at that.

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    There was a rumour that LD was upset with LYB as he wanted to play AE ...cant confirm that...LD was so tanned and still very nice to say hello...

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Totally agree about the motivation part. It's admirable the way he's kept up motivation. Imagine that he's already reached the pinnacle of badminton in 2008 Olympics and then he does it again. Just how many China singles players have been able to last to 30 years old? Must be very few (Zhang Ning is the other).

9. dutiehua

dutiehua Regular Member

lecturer
    probably there are two reasons for people think this is a fixed (fake) match:
    1. do not really understand Lin Dan's ver. 2.0 rally style completely.
    2. anti-chinese

recommend people to watch the MS final match vs LCW, and compare with this match, you will have a fare conclusion.

#109 dutiehua, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  10. volcom

volcom Regular Member

So sad that LYB denied his chances :eek:

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I think CL is the saddest player in the whole WC 2013.
    He could have won a medal, either gold or silver.
    He was sacrificed.:crying:

12. dutiehua

dutiehua Regular Member

lecturer
    do not really get you. LYB denied CL or LCW's chances? or both?
    LYB had made statement earlier: he and his team with strive for the team event, not for individual event. He also realized it is not good for the development of badminton worldwide if china always win all golds. This is why Chn only got two golds this world-championship. ( FYI, china swept 19 out of 20 golds in the past two years).
    so i do not think he has any reason to pre-arrange this match.

13. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

You're delusional!
    China will never give up its dominance willingly...
    Don't try to make them look like the martyr here!

14. volcom

volcom Regular Member

I meant to reply to hauge's post regarding LYb denied LD's chance to play in AE...

15. dutiehua

dutiehua Regular Member

lecturer
    you do not understand the situation, and jump to the conclusion straightaway.

Of course, China do not want give up their dominance willingly. But, if China keep on sweeping all gold for all events, badminton may be kicked out of Olympic games soon, because of imbalance of badminton development worldwide.

all i mentioned above is based a interview before WC, http://www.aiyuke.com/view-356.html.

16. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Please don't quote nonsense. When China has freedom of press and speech, I will believe their newspaper articles.
    That's like the US saying we're going to pull out of swimming for the next Olympics cause Phelps ripped everyone a new ahole and took most of the medals!

17. huangkwokhau

sales & design

You are correct! Chinese players purposely lost their matches at WC as well as SIN Open...I heard that LYB and China team will do the same for OG 16 and OG 20..China is so understandable.....I wonder why Table Tennis has not done same thing after many OGs..

18. dutiehua

dutiehua Regular Member

lecturer
    smell sour. pls discuss things objectively, not like a kid.

19. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    And who are you??????..you are insulting the players, not only Chinese players who tried so hard to win the title but being told to lose purposely????please discuss with logic....Chinese players are human...can win and they can lose...just like everybody else...

20. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    Calm down Koh Rudy... No need to reply to the troll as u can see, its a new created account of die hard chinese players' fans just to stir up stories to make them feel better because their supported players losing... Everyone knows who is objective and who is not... :rolleyes::cool::cool: