The Talking Point: Air Conditioning!

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by gelee, Aug 11, 2013.

1. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

Tldr version:
    LCW is so great !
    Dam the aircon !

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    sounds like we need a top ten list.

3. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Ppl really forgot that LCW was leading 10:6 in G3. So if the air-con was turned off at the start of G2 and suddenly affected LCW, he should have lost G3 like G2 manner.

4. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

Wrong, lcw might score 2 sets win....... lol

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Yes, regardless of the A/C issue and DuPY late-night match, I think LD would have won against LCW in this year WC anyway. I have been convinced since a few years ago that LD was and still is better than LCW.

I only hope that less unfortunate things would happen to LCW and he would take care of himself. There is no need to fight until you can't even breath.

6. julianng

julianng Regular Member

the bottom line is.. .. LD is just the best.... and is better than LCW in terms of skill, speed, stamina....

LD still has to play at LCWs level everytime they meet

if they played another 100 times with airconditioning on the whole match.... LD would still win.... and win another 100 WC titles.... he is just that good.....

7. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

Thats why air cond should not happened in the first place.

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Here is what LCW got to say in a phone interview, which mainly touches on the 'air cond issue'... Anyone who knows chinese can help to translate it.

[video=youtube;qLj_5O2h2go]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLj_5O2h2go[/video]

9. betazone

betazone Regular Member

It will not affect equally if one has been training in non air-con all along.....again this is just my humble assumption....no prove .....nothing to back me up

10. george@chongwei

Pictures might explain a thousand words. It seems that his right calf muscle was cramp quite seriously..
    My personal opinion: the damage might be from this particular shot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. george@chongwei

Thinking positively, he said he will try way until 2016. Now, that's the spirit.

12. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    get well soon LCW!

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    but when the medic was with him, he asked the medic to spray on his hamstring, and not the calf.

14. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

It was definitely the hamstring (back of thigh) and/or adductor muscles (inside thigh) that he was complaining about.
    All that lunging really puts a strain on those muscles -- especially if dehydrated.

15. sychong95

sychong95 Regular Member

Student
    Well air con or not, both LCW and LD tried their hardest in the final.

It just tells us that sometimes Luck plays an important role in the competition. (e.g LCW have less time to rest and taken a higher toll defeating Du Pingyu)

I don't think there it is meaningful to discuss whether who might win if the air con is on or not, nor to blame the air con responsible for LCW's lost.

But why would the air con suddenly turn off in the middle of such an important game?

16. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    yes... i agree with u... the discussion become far far away from the topic... better create another thread... 'the super greatest unbeatable Lin Dan' :D

17. frankmanzhu

frankmanzhu Regular Member

For those sour loser, saying that LCW was not fair to rest after playing DPY.
    1. It's already in the game schedule.
    2. Please go check with WC 2011.
    When LD had equally less time to rest after playing a long marathon game with Peter Gade at SF, however, he still won the WC 2011 against LCW.
    This is normal game scheduling. Does LD go find excuse like that?
    3. I think it's more like a mental game. When LCW gives up the shuttle, he hopes the shuttle is outside. When seeing so many games for LCW vs LD, he gave up a lot of points like that. Similarly, when you see LD, he barely gives up a shuttle to the ground when he's not certain.

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    This thread has now turned into a display of 'silliness'. Perhaps it is what makes it a never-ending LD vs LCW 'fight' that has spilled outside the courts.

I have 2 points that might be of some interest.

One, aside from the merit or otherwise of giving LD a wildcard, would it be the same without it? For sure there will be less 'rubbish talk' with this wildcard!

Two, LCW's cramps were not due to his calf or his hamstrings. If you are a sportsman who play all sorts of games or sports you would know it is his quads that caused the cramps. How? Simple, just look at the way LCW was forced to squat down with bended knees! You always stretch your muscles in the opposite direction of the cramps-stretching the cramped or tightened muscles which caused the pain.

19. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Corrected version.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What kwun and mrinalini, in another post elsewhere, suggested that Lee CW should or could have tried to finish the final point(s) of the match sets me thinking.

Supposing this scene is played out by Lee CW:

After the cramp, he got up on his feet, stretched and kicked his legs one at a time, insisted to the umpire he wanted to carry on, stood in position,poised and ready to receive Lin Dan's serve, took the serve and let Lin Dan finish the final point. Then the two gladiators went towards each other underneath the net on LCW's side of the court,shook hands, embraced and held each other's hand aloft and waved to the crowd with their other hands while turning successively in four different directions. To cap it off, LCW appeared at the victory ceremony with Lin Dan.What a grand,spectacular finale that would be !

The above would be what I call, go down fighting rather than incapacitated. LCW by doing that not only would've done Lin Dan the honour of a consummate victory but it would definitely reflect very well on LCW himself as a heroic and magnanimous adversary. Then perhaps the A/C being switched off and LCW's cramp wouldn't be such a big issue. And, mostly, people would now be praising Lin Dan for his astounding victory and LCW for his courageous fighting spirit, his heroism. Just saying what-might-have-been. Don't be mistaken,lest I'm misunderstood,I've nothing against what actually transpired for I believe LCW was probably too distressed and in pain to do that as he had to be stretchered off in the end.

I repeat, absolutely no negative, unflattering implications whatsoever; just my mind wandering off in vain,speculative thoughts if you like.:)