Zymax strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Lobeh, Jul 24, 2009.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Exactly ;);). Think I will order some of the blue before it get's recalled or something :D ...

2. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Can someone provide a link to the ZM65 Blue on MBS please? I can't seem to find it on the site.

3. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    As Elisha said this is a regional string, only offered in Asia. So its is real :)

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Had a session with the ZM62 on my N90II and so far it held up, which kinda surprised me :D Strung it at 29 with no pre-stretch. It's definitely softer than a 30 Bg80 or even a 30/32 Bg65Ti, but has better feedback than both. Power, however, was not outstanding - just pretty good. However I'm more and more convinced that pretty much all strings below .7mm offer the same power with only marginal differences, and only have a certain limit as to how high they can be strung and how elastic they are at certain tensions. Most of the power difference is only in the head, as thinner strings certainly feel more powerful as they give more feedback and are more repulsive (i.e. have less 'hang time') than thicker strings at a comparable tension.
    My surprise of the month so far is how good a 65Ti can feel, on my N50 I was raining down smashes and whipping high backhands crosscourt and it felt great. Zm62 is much better for quick, precise work around the net though - that it's so thin and light also is a boost in that regard.

5. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

What colour ZM62?

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

White, got 2 sets each of 62 and 65 white from Eric.

7. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    dbswansea - you were probably sold the Microlegend instead. Cos I remember they came in some kind of blue.

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

MBS has taken down the listing after your email, so we are not sure yet it is actually real. Still have to email Winston to see if I can get my hands on some, so I suggest you take that route ...

The platinum was simply old colour which Elisa was not aware of I suppose. I don't think it has anything to do with regional availability since MBS is also in Hong Kong and doesn't stock platinum anymore (since it was claimed platinum was still available in HK earlier in this thread. Panda's platinum was old stock but on both the original "0.59" ZM62 and latter more true 0.62)

That said, you would expect the black to be available in Asia by now? Perhaps early test markets get to test out a new colour first (UK black, HK blue)?

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

He has black ZM65 from stringersworld ;)

10. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Yup, it's a damn sexy string.

11. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    I have talked to Winston, and he has talked to the distributor, and confirmed its real.

12. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Blue zymax is available here. Sold from the official distributer. We can conform that it is real

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Just give us the name of the official distributor and let us then check with Ashaway to verify.
    Isn't this fair enough?

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Why? It is already confirmed from 2 sources and Ashaway's right hand doesn't even appear to know what the left hand is up to :rolleyes:. Shinichi is in Brunei and Winston from MBS is in HK ...
    Someone already asked Ashaway about the blue and they don't even know they were already selling black Zymax [​IMG], let alone blue ...

15. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Have you ever once considered that the two sources you quoted are nothing more than fakes?
    MBS is not an Ashaway distributor. Tell me where does MBS get their blue and black Zymax strings?
    There is no Ashaway distributor in HK, only in China.

What Ashaway said earlier is correct-only red, yellow, and white. The platinum one is a first generation. After the red/yellow/white new generation Zymax series, no platinum was made for any market except for the far East, but not HK!

16. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
  17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

MBS doesn't have black Zymax, Stringersworld in the UK has. And you don't have to tell me Platinum is first generation, I mentioned it on the previous page ...
    Since you know so much, why don't you go find out for us "[​IMG]". Seeing as it popped up in Brunei it probably comes from the SE Asia distributor in Singapore [​IMG].

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Good try, very good copy but it is still a fake.

In fact I am in frequent contact with the Far East distributor.
    Also Stringersworld in the UK is not the UK Ashaway distributor.

Why don't you contact Ashaway in the US and clear with them instead of believing in unauthorized sources?
    However, this is a free world and free market. All I can say is just remember "Caveat Emptor".
    Also it beggars the imagination how easy it is to fool some people.

19. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

IF it's a fake then it's a very stupid move by the counterfeiters. Why make a fake of one colour of a (relatively) unknown brand? Won't they have more to earn if they made something from Yonex?

It also begs the question, who would go through all the effort of making a fake string for so little gain. How many fake blue Zymaxes can you sell? Not as many as a fake Yonex I would imagine.

20. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Well if my black zymax is fake (its not) then I need to order some more before it runs out as I love it.