Lining MegaPower N9 Fu Haifeng - review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Himari, Jul 31, 2013.

1. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Yea hope to see more reviews. Im kinda interested as well but not sure if it really suits me :(

2. Himari

Himari Regular Member

IT
    Well, the more I play with it, the more I like it, now I feel like its smash power improves alot, dunno why tho :D

3. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Really? How do you feel about the overall weight of the racquet? and is it more even balance, or in between even to head heavy(slightly hh)?

4. Himari

Himari Regular Member

IT
    My personal rate is that it's leaning towards a HH racket :)

Probably because I'm getting used to it, I presume ;)

5. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

And here I thought it would be more or less an even balanced racquet lol. Need a replacement for n90 >.<

6. b4053ng

b4053ng Regular Member

guys, what is the difference between the N9 and N7? i search for specifications online and found that both are rated medium stiffness and BP about 295. i would appreciate if somebody could share their opinion between these two.

thanks

7. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

You are probably looking at the wrong stuff... What I know is that n9 is more flexible and slightly head heavier than n7

8. b4053ng

b4053ng Regular Member

hey, thx for the reply.. is the N9 just slightly flexier than n&? or is that a huge difference? i am mostly playing doubles and recently useb Victor BS 12, which i found a little lack of power. which of these two would be more suitable? or anybody here have better recommendation?

thx

9. mr.ir1925

mr.ir1925 New Member

Hello, I'm newcomer here.. I'm from indonesian ( batam ).. Nice 2 meet u all :d
    About li-ning N9 I just bought few days ago.. My friend told me the string is about 26.. But I feel little bit heavier but is more comfortable than my tb nano120 powertec.. I only used 2 times only with the N9.. Maybe needed time to get used with it

10. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

I checked at one local shop, found that N7 was head heavier by a fraction probably 3-5mm compared to N7... That could be due to manufacturing tolerance though. At current standard, I would rate N9 as even balanced, slightly towards head heavy. Logically speaking, if it was designed for FHF then it is hardly a HH since I never watched FHF played with HH racket as far as I can remember.
    On dry swinging, I felt N7 was stiffer but not so much.

11. swunk

swunk Regular Member

No, they actually have the specs that say that N7 is head-heavier
    N9 FHF - 293-297mm
    N7 CY - 298-302mm

12. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Ok, that explains... Thanks !
    Well, at least my observation was still on the right track :D

13. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

N9 is more heavy head than F9...due to the speed and flex combinations of F9, it could deliver more powerful smash repeatedly.. N9 do have more powerful smash, but you can only smash hard once in a while repeatedly.. overall, N9 has not overtake F9 with its performance that we have enjoy using F9.. so last piece of advice.... stick with F9

adrian siswanto likes this.
  14. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

I'd like to know how the N9 stacks up against the n90II and n90III.

I have the N90III and love it and was looking for a backup. Naturally that would be another N90III. But I'm looking for a reason to buy the N9.

Now as most of you say it's more flexible than the N7. Does that that mean the N9 is like the N90II in terms of flex? The N90II is a racket I love, but found it a tad slow for doubles use.

But since the N9 has the aero frame, would it be quicker?

I guess the way I see the N9 atm is pretty much the N90II with an aero head.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

15. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Not at all...

N90II is more head heavy and having a bulkier frame, it gives more resistance on long/full strokes and considerably slower in the end.
    Stiffness is about the same but N90II has more dampened feedback, it feels a bit numb on delicate shots but also more stable if you like to unleash full smashes.

Given more balanced weight, N9 is easier and more exciting to use especially for doubles. I happened to lose points during fast rallies using N90II.

16. Renmazuo27

This was the exact same reason I held the N90II back from doubles. It was a racket that felt great and was easy to use but was ungainly when it came to fast rallies and flat interchanges.

So am I correct in assuming now that the n9 is slightly head heavy/balanced with the same stiffness as the N90II?

17. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

On paper, N90II supposed to have stiffer shaft but when you swing very fast, it will bend/flex more due to its heavier head.

Regarding the BP, N9 is somewhere around 295mm while N90II should be around 303-305mm if my memory serves me well.

18. Renmazuo27

Thanks for the review my friend. I think it's done enough to convince me to get one :)

19. jumpthensmash

jumpthensmash Regular Member

Racket is fairly heavy for me o.o. The power is there, but I feel a bit slower in doubles gameplay than I'm used to. This is most likely because I've been using Bravesword 09 for the past 4 years so switching to a head heavy, and a bit heaver (+2?)g compared to Bravesword really affected my arm stamina. The shots are crisp, and it doesn't take big effort to produce a nice smash but you really notice the amount of weight you're trying to throw around after a while. But like I said, for me I've been using a lighter and balanced racket. One day of use and I probably just need another week or two to really understand how to control this racket in all positions and shots. Overall, great quality, offensive, and still very quick for it's kind.

20. AidenWrenPierce

AidenWrenPierce Regular Member

I bought the N9 today of my friend, i have played with it before but it was a while ago, i have also played with N90ii, what i can say is N9 generates much more power, i dont like N90ii, im only intermediate so i cant generate power from it. will post proper review when i played with it properly :)