Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Do you need my mailing address? :D

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well Mogensen is neither very strong nor using a light racket ;) And FAR from being heavy! :D
    But keep in mind I said 'in general' - there are no absolutes in sport, and these 'rules' don't apply to all.
    The general rule of thumb when choosing rackets is to pick one which augments your strengths, which for most big, tall guys is their smash and strength. If that doesn't apply to you (which I'm assuming it does, after all you've preferred lighter, not-as-stiff rackets for some time now), then of course you won't pick a heavy racket.

3. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Dude he uses a FLASHBOOST. :rolleyes: He's supposed to be the hard-hitter in that relationship.

Although weirdly, I looked up the heights of some of the players that are supposed to be 'big', and they're like 185cm and 75kg hahaha.

The player I'm closest to is Vladimir Ivanov :eek:

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

He went back to the Z-Force recently, and personally I didn't quite believe he went from Yonex' heaviest battle-axe to that little toy racket but rather had a Z-Force painted. If you look at his swing, it doesn't look like he was using the FB as the speed would have to be significantly higher than with his Z-Force to generate the same amount of power, be it on a smash or in defense. However there is no conclusive proof either way so assuming he used the FB for the purposes of this discussion is perfectly reasonable.
    However he is far from 'big' or heavy. While he is tall, I outweigh him by at least 5kg, and I'm already on the slim side...

And yeah. Ivanov is a beast :D I already struggle with my height, and he is roughly 10cm taller I believe....no wonder his defense isn't his strong suit :D I'd be pretty afraid to lift to him, though!

5. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Heard From my reliable dealer in Singapore, Jetspeed PS current Ahmad T. racket coming in next Feb 2014...

6. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yeah he's 7cm taller than me, so he'd get some insane angles.

Let's not talk about defense :eek:

7. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hope To see review of new Jetspeed rackets soon!

8. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    For the record, I spoke with stringers at All Englands and they confirmed Mogensen was using a painted Z Force was definitely NOT playing with FB.

Jetspeed will be available in Europe next year but I doubt we will even have samples this side of Xmas. All new rackets and equipment is due to arrive in February in time for German Open and All Englands.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

9. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

Paul, I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I'm contemplating getting another MX80 (which I love), should I just go ahead with it or wait for the mx90?

10. visor

visor Regular Member

so how about Inthanon's and Ahsan's FB? do they know something about them?

#2890 visor, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  11. visor

visor Regular Member

And btw here's the latest Victor racket chart with Jetspeed placement within the BS series... looks like it's replacing BS series? ;)

[​IMG]

12. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

from the few crummy smashes that morgensen did when he first used the "FB" in competition, i doubt it is a zforce

13. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I was a sponsored lifter for years before taking up badminton and often made to use the company's latest product to make it known to the market. Sometimes these products werent suitable to me.

Probably the case here. He was asked to use the FB but couldn't get used to it. Switching back to the FB would have been a PR disaster to Yonex so they gave him the repainted ZF to ensure sales of such a risky product weren't damaged.

14. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

i've started a new thread on this just to prevent any derailment of discussion in a non-yonex thread

but given the higher price point of the ZF it wouldnt make too much sense for them to want to sell a cheaper FB, if Moe's usage of the ZF could bolster sales further.

15. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    The ZF has been around ages so it's sales will remain steady, it's already had it's largest sales period. The FB was new, if I high profile player appeared to stop using it, sales would have been impacted. All companies sponsor players not to be nice, but it gets products known and improves sales. They wanted to maximise launch sales of the FB so therefore created a ZF in FB colours and the average badminton fan knows no different.

16. Yoshiki

Yoshiki New Member

Can someone confirm that KSR was using a Jetspeed 8 (the orange version) in the final of today ?

Thank you in advance.

I'm pretty much interested in that new series of Victor rackets.

17. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    ANy fans here know what racket are Ki Jung Kim and Sa Rang Kim , using ?

18. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Historically they used Meteor 80 and Meteor JJS. However JJS was supposedly replaced by Meteor 90.

Having watched the match today, it's unclear whether racket used was JJS or new Jetspeed although considering the specs of the Jetspeed I'd be surprised if the player switched specs in racket during a match. That said JJS used to do that quite often..

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

19. swunk

swunk Regular Member

it's 100% a jjs that kim sa rang is using

20. Yoshiki

Yoshiki New Member

If I remember well, KKJ once used Victor Bravesword 12 1st Gen before switching to the MX JJS.

For KSR, he had switched between MX 80 and MX 90 but mostly favours the MX 80.

However, from the video, the racket he was using, doesn't look like the MX JJS.