2013 Kumpoo MACAU Open GP Gold : Qualification-FINALS (26th Nov-1st Dec 2013)

Discussion in 'Hong Kong / Macau / Vietnam Open 2013' started by CLELY, Nov 25, 2013.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Tian HW nails it, won decider 21-15.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At the Dutch Open, I remembered how Wei Nan denied Xue Song many attacking opportunities by tight net play and fast flat pushes to the corners and not lifting the shuttle as much as possible; instead he made full use of his height and reach to force XS to lift and clear as often as possible for him to unleash his lethal smashes.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Tian Houwei is an intelligent player who can think on his feet; he probably figure it out with the advice of his coach.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Nan Wei is no slouch. Very intelligent. Always a dark horse in springing a potential surprise.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Exactly, he's a very smart player. In fact, many of the HKSAR players are capable of springing surprises panytime and on almost anybody

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thank you. The reason why I'm taking an interest in this Viet GP tournament is because I found out that CHN is sending a bunch of juniors only to play there, the oldest and best known being 19-yr-old MS Xue Song and others like 16-yr-old He Bingjiao, the youngest being 15-yr-old Chen Yufei in WS.

For the MS discipline, NTM who owns the MS title is , surprisingly, not defending his crown this time but the field is still fairly strong with the likes of Son Wan Ho, Simon Santoso, Nan Wei, Chan Yan Kit, Alamsyah Yunus, etc.

7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sindhu is in trouble.. What's happening in indian badminton scene nowadays...?? Really, they are showing a pathetic display ... First, Sai Praneeth lost to unknown korean.. Then, H.S.prannoy lost unknown HongKong player. Something they need to do before everything got out of control...

8. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Why did Jwala/Ponappa withdrew?

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, seems they show declining trend. WS is so far so good, three IND players in R/16 even Thulasi surprised Jindapon.

Fourth seed Ivanov/Sozonov eliminated by reigning World Junior Champion Li JH/Liu YH. This RUS pair created big upset last week in HKG to overcome the Olympic Champ.

10. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

The youngest is actually Sun Feixiang, born in May 1998. Chen Yufei was born in March of the same year. Absolutely no intention of correcting you. Just to share with you that the progress of this boy is worth following. He lost to Jonathan Christie 21-11,10-21 and 21-18 in WJC 2013. At the moment he looks like a player in the mould of Xue Song when the latter was younger, speed and smashes like most players of his age. He beat his better-known junior compatriot Zhao Jun Peng quite easily in the Malaysian May Bank Junior International Challenge prior to the WJC. . You can watch this match on YouTube .

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ooh, I had thought the Russian giants, Ivanov/Sozonov, would make light work of the younger CHN MD, Liu Yuchen/Li Junhui but ended up being beaten by them instead. Another one of those surprise results today.

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    It seems like Jwala is on roll to spoil Aswini's career as well.. Poor Aswini Ponnappa. If she have had the previous partner Pradnya Gadre, she could have had some improvement atleast.. Better she leave Jwala for good and move ahead with some other youngster who could prove to be worth for her in further future tournaments.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Friend, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or provide more info if you can; I'm sure everyone here appreciates you for it. Thank you.

Sun Feixiang is new to me - I saw Sun Feixiang's name for the Viet GP next month .

What about Liao Junwei ? I've never heard of him too nor come across his name in the CBSL.

14. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Just like you I have never heard of Liao Junwei. Since he took part in China Masters 2010 , he cannot be a junior player. Heard of a person of the same name who coaches badminton.

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    When I saw this, I thought Sindhu got knocked out!

So far Indian women's singles are not imploding like the Indian men's singles players

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I wrote that when Sindhu lost the first game.. Well.. You can't see all the WS players in the 3rd round.. Infact, Thulasi's victory was a bit surprise to me.. Tomorrow, she will be meeting a very tough opponent..

17. McNudger

McNudger Regular Member

Jindapon wasn't in her top shape, she was coughing and was making too many unforced errors.

18. boyzz77

boyzz77 Regular Member

any live streaming??????????TQ

19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ouch! i feel u,zhang nan. will buy bunch of flower to mourning ur career:crying: