2014 Maybank MALAYSIA SS Premier : R/16 & Quarterfinals (16th & 17 January 2014)

Discussion in 'Korea / Malaysia / India Open 2014' started by CLELY, Jan 15, 2014.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    who cares,he trying to get everyone to support him.;)
    if he lives in ancient,he will say,see,the earth is the center of universe,everyone says so:D
    ---
    so far kenichi tago is the only my fave player who left in the tournament
    come on! reach final and beat lee chong wei:)

2. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

:p who is this guy calling Chen Long all the time from court 2

3. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    It's posts like these that make me question your objectivity. If you had seen Yao's match against Nehwal yesterday (and even her matches at last year's MAS Open where she did quite well), you would have realized that she's an unexceptional player. Nehwal could have won it if she had been more focused. Yao is nowhere near the level of WYH, and there is a reason why she will always be on the B team and will never rise to the top. You can take that to the bank. WYH should have been able to beat Yao if she had played at her best. Obviously, she didn't; maybe you can tell me why.

Right now, we're looking at LXR - WSX and LCW - Tago/Sugiarto finals as far as the singles are concerned. More of the same old, same old - how utterly boring! Time to make myself scarce until this event is long over...

4. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    The biggest upset has to be the defeat of Chen Long (S2) at the hands of Kenichi Tago (S5) in three games 18-21, 21-9, 10-21. It was KT’s first defeat of CL since the A-E QF in 2012 and the rivalry statistics now stands at 6-3 in CL’s favor.
    Goh V Shem/Lim Khim Wah of Malaysia have reached their first-ever SF stage of a SS premier tournament and their next opponents will be the unseeded Angga Pratama/Ryan Agung Saputra. With the spectators’ support, it is hoped that GVS/LKW will prevail.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm afraid you didn't get my point. By advancing to the QF here, she already defended her ranking points (5950) with 6050 points earned, no need for semifinal appearance , let alone runner-up.:)

6. SigH-Max

SigH-Max Regular Member

Very close battle for the 1st set, which goes to JOJ agianst KM 24-22 ! :eek:

7. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    what racket is kento using?

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The possibility is there, not that low and the probability of who beating who isn't so clear-cut. FYI, WYH recently lost to Sun Yu in the CBSL and further back at the CNG more surprising losses, and we now what can happen to WYH sometimes. Besides, why wouldn't she want to earn even higher ranking points by entering the semis ?

The fact that CBA is sending Yao Xue to a SSP proves her potential. As for defending the MAS Open ranking points, she already succeeded just by being at the QF, anything more is a bonus. Moreover, with at least 5 other CHN WS ranked well ahead of her at 25, it's not going to help her much; she has to do much more than than that.

Just a friendly exchange of views, nothing personal; my post wasn't aimed at you anyway if you get my drift.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

WSX overcame Jindapon to set up a meeting with Bae YJ tomorrow for the 11th time. Will WSX extend her shutout over Bae YJ again?

10. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Xue Yao yesterday defeated SN, Olympic Bronze medalist. Today she won against WYH, Olympic Silver medalist. Could she beat LXR, Olympic Gold medalist tomorrow? If she beat her, it would certainly be very impressive.

11. SigH-Max

SigH-Max Regular Member

Nice match. I am looking forward to seeing more of KM in the future :)

12. Yellowfish

Yellowfish Regular Member

sales
    He used NRZSpeed n VTZF

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Kento Momota stretched JOJ to the limit before losing narrowly. Well done.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Notice Ahmad/Natsir were given a walkover by Kido/Pia.

Quite unusual for CHN to have only one pair of WD Bao/Tang in the semifinal.

15. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    I saw that match between SY and WYH. Firstly, SY is a better player than YX with more weapons in her arsenal and secondly, WYH played badly in that match. You're right, obviously the probability of who beating who isn't always so clear cut - sometimes a "better" player tries their best but the "lesser" player plays beyond themselves, gets lucky or has a breakthrough. I'd have no problem with that, but that's the key though; the better player has to try their best. Now, that is frequently not the case with Chinese players, and I have seen it numerous times with players like WYH and CL. That's one of the main issues I (and I'm sure many others) have with the Chinese team - they're always playing to lose every now and then and you're never sure it's because of their funny internal politics, impending birthdays or goodness knows what else.

Look at Jorgensen who just beat Momota - everyone knows he has no chance against LCW tomorrow, but he always gives it a 100% and I can't ever imagine him playing like how CL did this week, for example. Ditto players like Fischer Nielsen and Pedersen.

16. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    thanks! wonder why he used two different rackets in a match.

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    LCW will win malaysian open title for sure.. No doubt about it..

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Definitely, Kenichi played really a pitch perfect display today to beat world rank 2 player. Many chinese fans started to pour their reasons , analysis and their impossible theories just to say "it's because of their funny internal politics, impending birthdays" etc etc. My foot. This is the most funniest thing i have ever heard. And some coronations to say CL's true potential by showing the second game.. lol. Then what happened to third/rubber game with more or less the same score before losing the match.. Does it implies Kenichi Tago's true potential? .

While one of the die hard fans of china speaks something like "Chen Long will make all the opponents to work really hard by pushing them to 3 games and then winning them except LCW" ,the other one fan already started to list series of reasons.. Lol. This proves how stupid remarks a person can make without knowing the stature of the game. Give some respect to opponent who made real effort to do that job.

Though CL is good , i must say that he can't reach the level of Lindan or LCW at any cost. He may lose to anyone at any time. Not a consistent player like LCW.

#338 scorpion1, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  19. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Good theory bro !

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the point is,chen long only go well in the subject he focus on:lee chong wei.
    i guess he got highest rubber game % than lee chong wei and lin dan.
    this show his class~~~