Victor New Thruster... TK9000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cedricjy, Nov 13, 2013.

1. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Paul,

Thank you for the insights. Looking forward to read your written reviews on how TK9000 4U perform on your hand. 4U rackets, for my personal taste, has always been "less-durable/weaker" rackets compared to 3U version.

Off the records, I once read (hope someday i could find the complete documentary video behind the scene of racket production) how these manufactures produce their rackets in bulk, which after QC, the "passed-the-test) ones would be marked as 3U (depending on their initial intended final weight), slightly less-heavier than expected would be marked 4U, while little-heavier than they expected would get the mark 2U (unless 2U weight is what they expected during planning phases). Of course this marking system by QC might not apply for rackets with 5U & 6U weights as they were produced intentionally light-weight. (you could always try to dry-weight 2-3 the same rackets of the same brand of the same marked 3U or 4U, and eventually the number weight won't always exactly the same). Just my 2-cent here.

2. lkh007

lkh007 Regular Member

Hi Paul, can't wait to get your detail review on TK9000..

Anyway, i am considering should i get a TK9000 4u as i am now using MX90 and JJS.
    Hopefully after a fair review from expert i can decide go or no go.. :)

3. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Regardless of my review, it's a tough decision when you already play with two great rackets in JJS and MX90.

In Europe we are due MX90 in around 2 weeks but sadly we will only have 4U version which is disappointing. I really wanted 3U as they tend to feel better. 4U generally feel too light except with head heavy rackets.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

4. meteor

meteor Regular Member

Hi Paul,

Just read your review of MX90. By the sounds of it, you reviewed the 3u version. It's a shame we are only getting the 4u MX90 in UK.
    I have both 3u and 4u MX JJS and I much prefer the 3u. I also acquired a SH 4u TK6000 which I like a lot.
    In the future I want to get two or three raquets of the same kind and avoid switching between models or weight specifications. The MX90 and the TK9000 are the main raquets I'm considering but I'm reluctant about 4u MX90.
    Have you had a chance to try the 4u MX90?

5. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    4U MX90 is due within 2 weeks.

I've completed my testing on TK9000 and will be writing my review very soon .

I am also concerned about 4U version of MX90 and would rather 3U version was available.

Paul
    www.badminton.co.uk

6. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Sorry for being off topic but do you plan on testing the 7000s?

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Yes, we do;).

8. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    7000S is in my bag now ready for testing strung in VS850 at 24/26lbs.

I also have TK600 to test followed by Jetspeed 8's.

Paul

9. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    is it 4U Paul?

10. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
  11. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    My review of TK9000 is now live on my website. It's taken a while as I had to keep lending out the racket for others to try. By the way, everyone who has tried TK9000 has so far bought it - amazing. And that includes a side-by-side test with TK6000 and the range of Victor rackets. Impressive!

Paul

12. 729927852

729927852 Regular Member

So much more tempted to buy one ):

13. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Dear Paul,

I've read thoroughly your review on 4U TK9000 and quite tempted to buy it very soon:p. I wonder if you have tried Yonex Voltric ZF2 as well? (I couldn't find the review on your website regarding VTZF2). As VTZF2 3U has been on my shopping list for next month expenses, I wonder if i SHOULD and BETTER replace it with TK9000 3U?

For the record, for 14 months now i have been trying to adapt to VT80 3U, but still could only last me for maximum 2 games of 15-point, then i'll need to switch to "less-demanding" rackets as such The Legend or Kason C7. I love the power and feel of VT80 and when VTZF2 came out with some reviews say that it's "slightly being less-demanding" than its predecessor VTZF & VT80, i've set my eyes on it ever since.

BUT today, after reading your review on TK9000, where it says & i quote "What I enjoyed most here was that there wasn’t too much of anything. The frame isn’t too stiff that it’s only for a select few players. It’s also not too head heavy that your arm feels exhausted after a few points." then followed by your rating of "5 stars and more", 3U TK9000 is immediately made it on to shopping list... head to head against Yonex 3U VTZF2.

Price of both racket is equally US$145. I wanted to buy TK6000 but since 3U weight has been discontinued, i then have no choice but to cross it out of the list.:crying:

Awaiting for your opinion, or anyone else who have tried both rackets.

Thanks.

14. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Paul
    Tks for the great review!!
    ( ^.^)

15. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    arfandy

I have Z Force II in my bag and will continue testing tonight. Having played a lot with the original they are very different rackets.

For me TK9000 is still a superior racket. I'm not sure why you are so concerned about a 3U version as 4U is so good. The same can be said for TK6000.

So far I would liken Z FII to an ultra thin shafted AT900T with more weight in the head and a smaller head.

Paul

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Did you have to post the review before our head-to-head test?:p

Mine due at the end of the week c/o Victor Germany... and I can't use till a week on Thurs! Happens to be my birthday, but still!

17. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Looking forward for your comparison between these two rackets. 3U version always give my mind a little bit peace when strung at higher tension and 50% chances of accidental clashes with other rackets. Hence, here in Asia we have broad choices to choose from, and i'd always select 3U if available by manufacture and smallest grip G5 size. About weight and performance, i don't think it would be very much different between 3U & 4U... and your review on weight 4U, i take it as 95-97% the same when you use 3U.

Based on your opinion between VTZF2 vs TK9000, which of this most likely suitable for "someone who love the power & feel of VT80 but too weak keep it on hand for longer period"?

Thanks.

18. Justheretoplay

Justheretoplay Regular Member

Student
    Wouldn't the VTZF2 be more head heavy than your VT80? If you can't handle that, I think you should reconsider whether or not you should buy the VTZF2. It's going to be an even more demanding racket even though people are praising it for the increases maneuverability, it doesn't mean that the weight in the head is gone.

19. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

What you said is absolutely makes sense since VTZF2 is even more head-heavier than VT80. But some reviews say that due to head-shape of VTZF2 and thinner shaft, its maneuverability makes it less demanding than VT80. I am not sure since the only way to test these reviews is to purchase the racket itself. Therefore, would be very much appreciate if someone who might have tried both of these rackets could give some opinion. Personal based opinion, VT80 is superb racket. I've trained my wrist with 1.5kg weight (10mins/day) just to use VT80 longer on the game. But still could only last me 2 games! When first bought it 2 years ago, it could only last 1 game on my hand (15-point game match), mostly doing the continuous smashing. I sincerely hoping VTZF2 is a bit less-demanding for wrist-user like me, if compared to VT80 and obvious VTZF. Stiff shaft of VT80.. love it like none other!

20. Justheretoplay

Justheretoplay Regular Member

Student
    Let's stop hijacking this thread since it should be about TK9000, but I think if you like the racket and it's characteristics, maybe try 4u if you're using a 3u VT80? It might lose a bit of that extra power on smash, but if you can't use the racket the whole game, what's the point right?