2014 Bonny CHINA Masters GPG : R/32 to FINALS (16th-20th April 2014)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / New Zealand Open / China Master 2' started by CLELY, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I thought Lin dan skip Asia badminton championship !

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Surprise there isn't much talk on the mixed final. Totally amazed by the pay from lu and Huang. Esp Huang who display done of the most lethal front court play. She is always on top of th free net and nothing get passes her.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The CHN Masters GPG victory is Lin Dan's 52nd career title. Up to now, LCW has 54 titles to his name, I've a feeling Lin Dan will outstrip him before the year is up, if not, then next year.

4. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

HYQ has the speed and front court instinct. And she is a pretty girl. HYQ is certainly someone to watch. However, her performance in the last two GPG events had been marred by high numbers of silly errors (due to lapse in concentration?) that she must cut down in order to compete with the top pairs.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    she is only 20. hopefully she will be more consistent as she ages.

yes. not a bad looking girl. but more impressive is her speed. i don't think even Natsir, Zhao Yunlei, Zhang Yawen or even Ma Jin are that fast at their prime. she reminds me of Goh Liu Ying at her prime in a good day.

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Really Boss? Was GLY that good? Did you get the right player? I don't remember.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At the MS prize presentation ceremony, LYB upon presenting the winner's trophy to Lin Dan said:"I haven't presented you an award for a long time."

Richard Kaufman, the commentator, guessed incorrectly that LYB said something to the effect of 'Welcome back'. He would have said that to Lin Dan on the latter's return to the national team in February.

(I saw the above while watching the replay of the XD final on youtube,thanks to kwun's and RedShuttle's comments on HYQ which aroused my interest to watch it again, so thought I might as well clarify it in case some people wonder what LYB said to Lin Dan).

Yeah, the XD final was a cracking good match and speedy Huang Yaqiong is a player to watch out for. Age-wise, HYQ is 20; Lu Kai,21; Xia Huan,22; Wang Yilv,19.

By the way, post-match, Wang Yilv expressed disappointment that he failed to win either the XD or the earlier MD with Zhang Wen against Kang Jun/Liu Cheng.

Actually, I'm more into singles than doubles, and there are just too many up-and-comers to follow from CHN. At the moment, I'm following Liu Cheng/Bao Yixin after their remarkable performance against Tantowi/Natsir at the SIN Open SS. Now I'd have to look out for Huang Yaqiong/Lu Kai as well.

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    There was a brief period of time when gly wasn't injured and was playing some very fast and lethal game at the net. She caught my eyes like hyq did. Unfortunately that was very short lived.

9. henrychenn

henrychenn Regular Member

Student
    I feel that Wang Yilv is a very good player, made a few mistakes but that could be due to the pressure from losing the first MD final or possibly feeling a bit tired from playing more matches than some other players as he had to qualify for both finals, he was very determined at most points

10. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Can anyone clarify why this CHN Masters GPG and the CHN Masters SS (2013) are not counted as the 'same' tournament in BWF regulation? Is it because they are different level or//

11. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    I've been wondering the same. The last year's China Master SS points should have been replaced by this year's GPG's points. Moreover, today's rankings are all the more crucial as they are the basis of the qualification for the World Championships.

12. RedShuttle

Why is this problem? When they were both SS, BWF regulation specifically exampted them from the one SS per BA rule. They are always two separate tournaments.

13. RedShuttle

Sorry for the wrong post. I have trouble editing.

I think there is rule on not replacing tournaments when they are far apart in the new years.

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Well, if you are asking why in the past BWF allowed China to have two SS's, it is very simple: money!!!!

15. RedShuttle

I can't seem to edit, attach, or quote. I am using Chrome.

16. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Can't quote either. I'm not complaining, I was just wondering b/c I thought they were the 'same' event. Guess I was wrong though.Also, I can't use emoticons. (on Chrome).

17. RedShuttle

I misread your post. They are the same tournament but since it has a new time slot that is quite different from last year's, both will be counted until close to last year's date.

18. RedShuttle

Actually, based on strict reading of the rules, not counting a tournament twice is based on the rule that only one SS per hosting BA (except for China) can be counted. So counting CM SS and CM GPG is okay. Liu Xin is at the maximum with one SS, one GPG and one IC hosted by CBA.

World Ranking System: http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_download.aspx?id=364323&tid=1