Badminton ASIA Championships 2014 (Gimcheon City, 22nd-27th April 2014)

Discussion in '2014 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Mar 31, 2014.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Because you need invitation to apply the visa..for badminton players, we need invitation, that's why...BAC justbreleased one month and invitation is out close to 3 weeks and the same time, players were in India, Singapore, Malaysia,,,how could they apply? Tell me!!!

2. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Please read my earlier post, after players coming home from AE and SWISS, we asked BAC about the prospectus and invitation and at that time, Korea association was still busy with the appeals, not sure about thaintournaments...as I mentioned earlier..Indonesia is not like Singapore/HKG/Japan..too bad LOH was too busy in Singapore and I could explain better...bottom line..it is not like ABC..even some countries has visas on arrival, for badminton players..it is always safe to apply visas, not on arrival...if they decline it andnyou will be in trouble...samenthing for China players, Indonesia provides visa on arrival fornchina, but Chinese players always ask Invitation and never apply visas on arrival, for safety issue

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

More upsets, Hwang Jong Soo beat Viet warrior Nguyen Tien Minh, and Liu Kai eliminated Kento Momota.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

All KOR shuttlers through to R/16, looks like homeground extra motivation.

ROUND OF 16 (11.00am, 4 courts) : https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...45651E-F509-4CCC-A859-11EFAE44E3A2&d=20140424

MD top-seed Lee/Tsai gave walkover, free QF ticket for MAS pair Low JS/Nelson Heg. Looking forward to these encounters outcome :
    - Wei Nan (HKG) v Lee Dong Keun (KOR)
    - Sho Sasaki (JPN) v Son Wan Ho (KOR)
    - P.V. Sindhu (IND) v Eriko Hirose (JPN)
    - Bae Yeon Ju (KOR) v Busanan Ongbumrungpan (THA)
    - Sayaka Takahashi (JPN) v Ratchanok Intanon (THA)

5. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    There are 4 Chinese pairs against Korea tomorrow...will the trend continue for home shuttlers?

6. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hi dieter_spath, I'm unable to 'reply with quote' to your post (maybe something to do with the ongoing BC server upgrade).

Are you sure that's Lin Dan ? I hope not. The picture isn't clear, can't really tell who it is. Let us know the latest development if you've any news.Thanks.

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Visa could be a stumbling block

It is true that if a visa is required to enter a country, early application is advisable.

This is certainly true if a country takes longer than others to approve the visa.

However, the local national badminton association is responsible to ensure that the documentation and application for visas are in place well in advance. Therefore it is necessary to have experienced staff in the administration to handle such matters.

In practice this may prove a little difficult as there arise questions on players selection, which tournament to enter them, the budget, etc., and this puts pressure on the visa deadlines I guess, especially when there are delays in the process.

In the past we even have problems of players being selected but somehow the admin has forgotten to register them for the tournaments concerned. A good player being denied will lose useful ranking points. Therefore how experienced and efficient the support staff are plays an important part.

Singapore is lucky as her passport is recognised by many countries and no visa is required for a social visit. This helps to reduce paperwork by our badminton body.

But I found out recently that we need a visa to enter Myanmar, which is a fellow-member of ASEAN. What irony?

Thankfully Myanmar is not yet active in international badminton.

9. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    thats lindan, its pretty clear, just look at that mustache.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I am having problems with Firefox. To make this post, I am using IE.

If that picture isn't LD with an ice pack, the impersonator is doing a really good job!

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    One of the match I am looking forward to : MS Liu Kai China - Singapore Wong Zi Liang DerekI can't post from Firefox. Using Google Chrome.

12. Heong

Heong Regular Member

All the Korean players won today, amazing.

13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Again,,,it is not about the staff are capable or not to fill the paper works...many varieties could delay and tough for Moslem countries now to apply visa...for example, last time..the players do not need to show up and finger printed...now you do especially for Europeans...even for India, all players are taken pics and finger printed as well...all I can say..for those countries who has Free visas are blessing in disguise..we are not stupid just to ignore or don't know how to apply visas on time..you guys should be in PBSI's shoes for better judgement...then you need air tickets to prove it as well...that's another challenge..some countries don't need...some do....there are certain reasons why few INA players participate in US tournaments...you need at least 4 months to apply and you have to wait for interview...if you get your schedule at certain time but at that time, you are out country for tournaments then you lose the opportunity to apply Visa

14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    There is another story I should tell it all..when I was in AE, met Ocenia and NZ BWF council members who asked INA to send more players to support NZ tournaments and we did, and in return, I asked them to send a letter to NZ embassy to expedite the process which takes 2 weeks and they said " no problem".. After 2 emails to them and no reply, so some players we have to switch to China GPg as they won't have time..that's another example that we don't get help...just like BAC which PBSI asked for help for korean visas.. Also recently, all in a passports who applying UK visas will be processed in Thailand or Phillipine..not in Jakarta anymore..last year I flew to Thailand for 16 hours to get all passports back after known that UK embassy could not deliver passports on time for our players to fly and they close 12 pm on Saturday..just being told 8 pm that note by UK embassy in Jakarta and apologized that they could not deliver the passport, so I flew to hongkong.. from Jakarta by midnite then Bangkok as no flights to Singapore on that Friday nite...never forget the story

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Good that Derek Wong has knocked out a CHN rival in a very close match.

However to expect him to knock out another CHN player in the next round may be asking for too much unless Liu Kai has suddenly lost his form, haha.

Which also means LD can also be beaten if his left knee i.njury has not fully recovered by tomorrow

16. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    What the hell, 1 seed left in MS after day 1!

And I don't like the look of that massive ice pack on LD's left knee, hopefully just precautionary after a slight tweak.

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Good that Derek Wong has knocked out a CHN rival in a very close match.

However to expect him to knock out another CHN player in the next round may be asking for too much unless Liu Kai has suddenly lost his form, haha.

Which also means LD can also be beaten if his left knee injury has not fully recovered by tomorrow

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Again, I've difficulty posting a reply. I was stuck (page hung, continuously loading,etc), so annoyed that I didn't zoom in the picture for a better look. Yeah, it's Lin Dan, all right.

If he's injured, even slightly, that's unfortunate. How is he going to win tomorrow, forget about the tournament?

19. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    It is just precaution...LD is not injured...seen that many players doing that after the match...nothing to be concern...

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yup, same with football players.