where to string racket in singapore

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by edmund89, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    This might be a good thing or a bad thing.

If the per-job charge is high, then it isn't really 'free'.
    If the per-job charge is low, then it does look attractive.

Then there's the question of how good the stringing is.... :)

2. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

One of my regular players in my sunday group send his racket to Smashing Max to string. Seems to me that they are good at stringing two piece four knots where the tension holds pretty well for BG80 and BG66 ultimax. On the other hand, I patronised Mr Lim at Arctic Sports as it is geographically closer to me. At the moment, almost everyone in my group send their rackets to him so I have always somebody to send my rackets to string on my behalf :)

3. Shidevil

Shidevil Regular Member

I just restring my racquet at smashing max, service was good and the people there are really friendly!

4. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    To me she is quite ok, better than 1 guy who string a brand new racket . end product become have paint chip. 1st time i give chance, 2rd time i go other place to restring, Smash sports is the other place , I go , I find chew Xian service and string level 7.8/10.

So far ., I not seen any one get the level of 8/10 . Any stringer get 8 and above , guys pls recommend me ! Thanks

5. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    How do you define a stringer rating of 7.8/10? What are we looking for, for a stringer of 8/10?

6. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    I also provide stringing service and doing it at home. My address is 770 yishun ave 3 #02-273. Unluckily my machine is a crank machine not digital machine ( could not afford to buy :(). My contact number is 81868949 Wendy Tjie. Whatsapp or sms me for pricing details. Thanks

7. Johnson72

Johnson72 Regular Member

The price is much cheaper compare with the previous shop I strunga at . Smashing Max only charge $18 for bg66 ultimax. This price is really best for me and I could enjoy the 5th string at $12 and the 10th is free .. They stringing skill is up to the standard that I looking at.

8. westcoast_sing

westcoast_sing Regular Member

Found 3 Singapore citizens under "United States Racquet Stringers Association" (http://www.racquettech.com/top/stringer_search.html) Fill in City = Singapore and click search. Only 1 is certified stringer, Alvin Ng of Outstanding Badminton Singapore Contact: 94892750 Will start to stringing with him :)

9. Johnson72

Johnson72 Regular Member

Certified or not certified is doesn't matter for me . As long as the shop is up to the standard then i will continue to string there . I have a very bad experience with Alvin Ng before. I broke my string immediate after one time smash .sorry to say that, I will not going back to him again.

10. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    I think u are talking nonsense here, I believe Alvin is a very good stringer.

11. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    You believe Alvin Ng is a good stringer doesn't mean Johnson72's experience is nonsense.

And whether someone is registered/certified with the US Racquet Stringers Association doesn't necessarily means he/she is a good stringer to everybody's standard.

12. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    How a string breaks has too many factors and blaming the stringer is pretty low.
    A mishit or even slicing the shuttle accidentally on a smash can snap a fresh set of string.

13. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    How a string breaks has too many factors and blaming the stringer is pretty low.
    A mishit or even slicing the shuttle accidentally on a smash can snap a fresh set of string.

14. Johnson72

Johnson72 Regular Member

Nvr blaming for no reason. I also know it very well that the string will break immediate if u hit the wrong angle or some other reason. But what if u have this same problem with the same stringer for two/three time ? I stayed in clementi, he is so near my house. Why must I travel so far to get a good stringer to strung for me if he is good for me ??

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

I have tried Alvin Ng too. 22 racquets and counting. (This includes two racquets from a professional player who played the MS at the Singapore Open 2014.) Have never had a problem.

16. westcoast_sing

westcoast_sing Regular Member

I travel to Bedok, Oso tried other stringers in Queensway, all are good because I don't break my string on my first powerful smash. Maybe I will buy one machine to string myself, then I will confirm be a good stringer. Anyone want to be my first customer?

17. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Nay in pass. I was travelling to JB to get my rackets strung as I could not find a stringer in Singapore who would do the tension I need. This was after the stringer in Queensway decided to go back to his home country.

18. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Just for the curious: 31 pounds, usually Yonex BG66 or BG80

19. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    I am disappointed today at smash max. Hi Guys : Any good stringer to recommend that string a racket in good condition with no paint chip after string ...?Thanks

20. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    [MENTION=31921]Ferrerkiko[/MENTION], so what happened with your racquet at Smashing Max today?