Victor Thruster K6000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Shinichi, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    seller of badmintononlineshop.weebly.com/

2. smidsy1985

smidsy1985 Regular Member

I want to buy this racket, does somebody knows an (online) store where I can buy this racket... I can't see it on mybadmintonstore, or on directbadminton.co.uk :'(On paper it looks like this racket suits me like a glove ;-)....
    Greetings
    Erik

#362 smidsy1985, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  3. SibaSt

SibaSt Regular Member

I bought mine on racquetforce.com, very good customer service and rather fast delivery.

4. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
  5. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Is this racket really medium stiff? Is it as stiff as the Brave Sword 12 or it's stiffer?

6. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I reckon it's a smidge stiffer than 'Medium'. I guess the best way to describe it is that it's a really good balanced chassis - it doesn't feel too whippy, nor too planky.

7. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Do you own both the BS12 and the TK6000? I'm still trying to get an understanding of how stiff the TK6000 is. I haven't used a head heavy racquet since the Yonex AT800 DE. I do know how stiff the BS12 is like. The reviews on the TK6000 have definitely piqued my interest.

8. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Not both at the same time. I loathed the BS12, and as both carry their weight differently it's very difficult to compare. I'd say the head heaviness would be more difficult to get used to than the stiffness. It's a very accessible racket. Just make sure to get a light 4U example so you don't lose out on speed.

9. nkdinz

nkdinz Regular Member

i gave in and purchased a tk6000 3U... i previously has a mx60 3u which i loved... and the tk6000 is a much better version of the mx60 to me... absolutely love smashing.. however, it is quite tiring tho... bcoz its heavier head hahaha.. need to improve my fitness now... ordered a second piece waiting for it to arrive now :D

10. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    if it tiring you get the 4U

11. nkdinz

nkdinz Regular Member

considered that... but after a few session im getting better... so just needed to improve my fitness :D

12. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

How & where did you get TK6000 3U version? As i recall, i was under impression that Victor has ceased to manufacture 3U of TK6000 since few months ago, hence nowhere i could find 3U of it.

13. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I can't imagine the 3U hitting any harder than the 4U. I can imagine it being slower though.

14. nkdinz

nkdinz Regular Member

seems to be available in malaysia.... its a parallel import via taiwan (TW code)... my first unit was a 2nd hand unit bought from a forummer here... 2nd unit is brand new and on the way... the seller confirmed its a 3u as well

15. nkdinz

nkdinz Regular Member

not sure though... havent tried both side by side.... but i play squash also... so the 3u weight is not heavy for me

16. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I do cooking with saucepans, so 3u weight is not heavy for me... :confused: It doesn't logically follow that anything less than a sauce pan is equally playable for badminton

17. nkdinz

nkdinz Regular Member

have u ever played squash ? if u havent please do not make comments like this.. it is not constructive and adds no value to the discussion here... i was sharing my opinion as a badminton n squash player... i do have a tendency for liking heavier rackets..

18. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I was remarking on the irrelevance of your squash playing. Plenty of people do not play squash and also like head heavy rackets. It appears that a majority of these players suggest the 4u is the better racket. Actually I haven't seen anyone here say 3u tk6000 is better.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

I'd still think playing with a squash racket is more relevant than using a saucepan for cooking. ;)

20. nkdinz

nkdinz Regular Member

if u read correctly majority of they players have access to the 4u version only that doesnt mean its better or the 3u worse... we are just comparing our experiences with two different weight of rackets. Also many people i know use squash rackets to train their wrist strength for badminton....as these rackets weight from 110g upwatds....

head heavy rackets choice for badminton has nothing to do with squash... its about Heavy rackets such as 3u and 2u which for a squash player will not be felt as heavy.