Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    LD has never been the super series super star like LCW has been, even before the 2012 Olympics, all I am saying it's not a big deal he lost and that we shouldn't say anything till or if he loses a WC or Oly! LD is going to be okay and I didn't detect anything in his game that says he's falling off a cliff, just that JOJ played a very good game.

2. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

I think V1lau has a point. It runs a bit deeper than just his conscious. It is well known top athletes struggle to keep motivating themselves when they have won it all. There is no doubting that Lin Dan will increasingly struggle to care about these tournaments, even if he has told himself otherwise.

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Their focus with a small sponsorship (Adidas badminton is not Adidas HQ) budget was on rising stars (and his sponsorship term has ended already and has been signed by Yonex again. You don't have to win everything or even anything big to be of worth to a sponsor)

And of course Lin Dan will be ready when WC or OG comes around ... he might very well be in a tough training period and not in peak match fitness/condition.

#4783 demolidor, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  4. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

And he lost? In SS QF?

I hope he knew what he was doing when decide to take long break from badminton, twice! Now it seems that he struggle to gain his previous form and speed. Wish him all the best!

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Well... put it this way... If you're the 5x World Champion and 2x OG champion, and you're a multi millionaire like LD, there is really nothing much left to prove to anyone.

And motivation to continue the daily grind of training for months on end and travelling to various countries for competition is going to be difficult after having done it for over a decade.

6. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    He had exceed the number of titles previously won by Yang Yang and zhao Jianhua!

7. bayanbaru

bayanbaru Regular Member

LD wants to watch WC :D

8. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    LD like Spain has won it all hence its a challenge to keep going at a high level
    but LD had a lot of rest but Spanish players from Barca, Real Madrid and Athletico Madrid are tired and jaded after a long hard season.

9. fauci

fauci Regular Member

LD has said he wants to keep injury-free and his goal is OG 2016, so if he's not in form yet to face LCW, at this age it's perhaps not too bad for him not to push himself too much.

10. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

This! :D

Well, after competing in it for 10 years, maybe this year is time for LD to 'experience' the WC from different point of view. This time he can let go all those pressure he had experienced before, just relax, sit back on his couch back home, have a cup of coffee, and watch how his teammates and rivals deal with the pressure of the tournament. Who knows, the excitement he feels might gave him new motivation to compete again the next year, and maybe win it once more. Afterall, WC 2015 might be his last chance to established that tempting, great record, 6 times world champion! :)

Yes, you have a point there. But still, he won lesser titles compare to LCW's. How i wish he can win as many titles as LCW had won. :) That should be a good reason for him to back in competition, shouldn't it? :D

11. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Give him a bit time!
    We really can't judge how good he is / will be by the first SS tournament he played. I didn´t wonder that he lost to JOJ. It was a nice situation for JOJ without any pressure and he is the type that plays his best against the top3.
    Why should he come back, if he even won´t play the WC if not because he wants to play again. On the one hand he won everything possible in the world of badminton and has nothing to prove, on the other hand just watch him play and I have seen almost all of this games since his second comeback: He is a perfectionist, look how he talks to his coach after unforced errors or misjudgement or anything else every single time. That shows he is surely not where he wants to be. I have not noticed this 2 or 3 years back. I think he just needs more time and we will see him perform to his best. I´m convinced he wil find another gear sooner or later. Even though he always peaks at the biggest events (unless LCW who is unbelievable consistent but lacks this special thing LD has in OG or WC). so I think we won´t see him win or get to every final in all tournaments he enters...
    With his aim to play Rio 2016 he had to come back and compete on the highest level again. At his age (and I heard Asians peak earlier than Europeans and not many play at the highest level with more than 30 years) even a Lin Dan can´t take a break untill the qualifying period begins. Surely he would qualify anyway but such a break would decrease his chances to win a third time.

Whatever is behind his second comeback (maybe LYB had a word as well), it is the best for Badminton to have the legend back. Just notice how he dominates (our) headlines. Everyone wants to see another LCW-LD clash. Who the f are the other players :p :D Not easy for the rest of the best now the second king is back.

Any chance or information whether he could still compete in the WC or is any hope gone? Can´t really imagine a WC without the champion LD... :(

12. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

As BWF had stated that no wild card for this year WC, i supposed there is no hope of seeing him playing in WC this year. But don't know if there would be a miracle later. Won't mind with some miracle though. :)

13. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I thin Bayanbaru mean FIFA World cup 2014... that collide with BWF Japan open 2014

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    If LD loses in early rounds in Australia, which has 3x the prize money of Japan, then I believe LD wants to watch World Cup :D

15. visor

visor Regular Member

doubt he'd be after any tournament dollars...

after all, he can make more in a half hour commercial shoot than in competing and winning in 10 super series tournaments ...

16. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

Yes, i just realized it when i can't edit my post anymore. Sorry for that misunderstanding from me. :)

17. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hi Guys: Any of you has the latest news on lin dan 's sponsorship ?

18. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hi Guys, I heard Lin dan has sign with Yonex , as some rumours says his racket is indeed Z force II.

19. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Lin Dan latest ranking is world no 21.

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Got any citations? Better to wait until you have solid news, not just rumours.