2014 Yonex JAPAN Open SS : SEMIFINALS & FINALS (14th & 15th June 2014)

Discussion in 'Thailand / Japan Open 2014' started by CLELY, Jun 13, 2014.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

Maybe we're reading too much into his behaviour and being too judgemental...

On the podium, at one point for the group picture, there wasn't enough room for 6 big guys to stand at the top podium. So YYS himself offered to sit down with the Japanese pair.

And I thought it was totally nice of LYD to let YYS hold on to the winner's plaque throughout the ceremony.

So LYD is not as big headed as we make him to be.

#281 visor, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  2. visor

visor Regular Member

That's strange... because from what I saw, LYD himself made the most mistakes near the end... but that's probably because he really notched it up a gear in the service and return situation and desperately wanted to end it, so he may have played some riskier shots. But he more than made up for it by making more winners.

3. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Yeah, the last few mistakes were made by LYD, but it looked they were shots that he might have tried to hard. YYS made some tactical mistakes that wound up getting them into trouble.
    But probably went both sides as well, as HS made some bad shots where he might have tried just that bit harder as MS seemed to struggle a bit more on IN side.
    All part of the game, both team partnerships are in it for the long run, so whatever little picadillos there are in each camp they have to settle them in prep for the other tourneys.

#283 badrad, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  4. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

All these conspiracy theories about LYD and YYS are quite laughable. It's just as funny as the rumor about air conditioning being turned off deliberately at the World Championship last year between LD and LCW and the conspiracy nuts who thought LD knew the air conditioning would be turned off.

LYD just wanted to cheer a bit longer instead of hugging YYS when they won the match point. If you go to 55:36 of the match, LYD then hugs YYS normally.

I doubt there is any bad blood between LYD and YYS. You don't win a SS title with your partner if you have major disagreements with him/her. And no, LYD is not a major mega pop star in South Korea. He is a minor celebrity. There are probably 1000 other male celebrities in South Korea that are more well known than LYD.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    good point! ;)

6. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

This one is interesting. Do you have information of what really happened on that particular final match to called those theories as conspiracy theory? Really want to know the fact of that rumour for long time, just wonder if you can provide nice information on this? Thank you! :)

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Best go back to the other 2013 World Championship threads for this discussion.;)

8. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

No activities there since August last year. :D

9. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    it doesn't take much to beat LD these days

i agree :)

again, i don't think LD is even close to what he was before, i think LCW can walk all over him now, but then again, mental game is another story.

"uncle", LOL

i do agree that JOJ would be able to provide a more interesting match than YH

10. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    thank you, finally someone who knows what's going on with the relationship between HK and CHN :)

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Where is the like button for this post?