Equivalent to a Voltric Zeus racquet?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by rvs007, Oct 7, 2014.

1. rvs007

rvs007 New Member

I saw at a Sportschek store in Canada that they sell a Yonex Voltric Zeus badminton racket. It's this one:

http://www.sportchek.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=41677416

I can't find any information on Yonex's website on this particular model. I also can't find any post about it on this site. Does this racquet have another name outside of the North American market? What's the equivalent name/number for this model?

Thanks.

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Any Yonex goes Greek racket is a low midrange model. Maybe it is similar to a Voltric 2?

Physically it looks a lot like this one I found on the Yonex China website, specs also match (including aerobox frame):

103255315a142dbd29.jpg

Voltric D39 (VT-D39)

#2 demolidor, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  3. rvs007

rvs007 New Member

Would the Voltric 9 Neo be a better buy than this one? They are priced the same and have the same discount. Choices are limited where I am. What would be a good racquet for an intermediate player?

4. orangenetic

orangenetic Regular Member

This is something I say to anybody who's trying to buy a low end model from the big brands.

Big brand's low end models cost WAY more than they're worth just because it has their logo stuck on it.

If you want to buy a low model from a big brand, you're better off with a higher model from a smaller company.

You said your choice is limited. What other choices do you have other than low end Yonex, Victor, Lining, etc(big brands)

5. rvs007

rvs007 New Member

Thanks for all your advice. I'm an intermediate player but my budget is $100CAD or below. It seems the higher models tend to be between $200-100CAD, even with discount or when on sale. I'm not sure if the higher models would benefit me as I am only an intermediate player. Is there a particular Yonex model that fits my skills/price range? Also, I've only played with Yonex racquets before, so if there's another brand that you recommend, I'm all ears too.

If anyone in Toronto can recommend a sporting store that specializes in badminton racquets, please let me know the name and location. I'd like to go check them out.

6. rvs007

rvs007 New Member

How about the Li-Ning brand? I saw a deal on a 310Ti for $99CAD from ($210CAD). Wondering if that's a good deal on a mid-range racket.

7. orangenetic

orangenetic Regular Member

Yonex, Lining, Victor etc (Big brands) are never worth it unless you buy their high end models.

Since you need a good performing racket with a good price and you live in canada, why not try Apacs?

Apacs is a brand that is known for their good prices and quality.

Their highest end models cost around $120-$140 CAD and they do perform well. Since your budget is below 100 you should try apacscanada (search it up in google) they have many good discounts that will fit your budget. Go take a look :p
    Oh and I think apacscanada is a online only store...not sure

8. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I agreed to few comments above, Do NOT waste money on low-end to mid-end rackets just because they got the following prestigious logos: yonex, lining, victor, & adidas. The money you might be wasting, could actually... in fact, get you best or closer to best top racket of smaller dedicated companies as such RSL, Karakal, Apacs, Kason, Flypower, Hart, Astec, Wilson, Dunlop, Joobong, Kumpoo, and many more if you search on google. They all offer competitive prices, some may or may not available in your region but willing to ship abroad, and try to clash them with those low-end model of prestigious brand, see which breaks first.

9. xeoreg

xeoreg Regular Member

If you are in Toronto I recommend dropping by Max Sports and have a look at their rackets. They are located at Splendid China Tower, the plaza across the street of Pacific Mall. They also have an online store, something like maxsports.ca

Maybe check out the ArcSaber 001, Nanoray 10 or Voltric Force 1...

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

With that said, the Voltric 9 Neo is priced a lot sharper than that Zeus and we all know high end (Yonex) rackets in Canada are incredibly expensive ($200-300 as mentioned) so in that perspective $119 for the VT9 Neo is a good price. But even if so it might not be the right type of racket ...

Max Sports indeed in Toronto you could check out to get a feel for the various series. Voltric 5 and 7 are within budget for off-line purchasing and had pretty decent reviews ...

11. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Just to bring some more info, the Voltric Zeus racquets are low end rackets that are ONLY sold at SportCheck / Sports Expert (and maybe other big sports retailers around the world). They do this so no one can actually compare prices and think this is a good deal.

This racket is a 50$ racket that is marked for 120$ regular price, 60$ special price. In the end, you get ripped off 10$.

12. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    As the previous post said, check out the rackets selection in Max Sport. Nanoray, 10, 20, 60, 80 and Voltric 5, 7 are all priced at 100 or under. Should be better choices than Voltric Zeus.

13. Dougie

Dougie Regular Member

Buyer
    Hi everyone, I have been using the Victor lightfighter 7000 for the past season & saw this racket on special offer so at such a good price I thought I would get 1 to try it out.. Firstly it is a massive change in weight/balance etc from the lightfighter which is under 80grams strung. The first thing I noticed was the ease of use for deep penetrating clears from both forehand & backhand sides. Next surprise was the smash...it does what it says on the box. I am mainly a player who uses a mixture of shots not relying on a smash unless its their to be put away & this racket delivers in all areas. I have used a cross section of voltric rackets from vt80 down thru the range & I must say before this racket I thought best value was the vt5. Ignore the price tag as the technology remains the same throughout the range..check the specs. I would definitely recommend this racket to anyone from begin right through to advanced players....

14. funkdrummer

funkdrummer Regular Member

Student
    Max Sports has a plethora of Yonex rackets! The first string job is free and you don't have to pay tax, another plus! As for another racket store in the GTA, you can go to Canuck Badminton to purchase some rackets there! They carry rackets from brands such as Yonex, Victor, Li-Ning, Apacs and even some lesser known names like Pro Kennex (Love their Tennis stuff) and Black Knight. You do have to pay tax and stringing however...
    As for rackets, you should really try the Apacs Lethal 9 and 85, and the Voltric 5,7. Don't settle for the Sportchek stuff lol.

15. Dougie

Dougie Regular Member

Buyer
    I cant believe the snobbery being spoken here....I have used voltric zeus for 7months & find this racket to be very responsive & a absolute steal at the price. was using victor lightfighter 7000 before changing to the voltric. change in my game was instantaneous...much easier clearing, smashing & netplay showed no signs of dipping I strongly suggest that instead of believing the press releases actually try the rackets. Price isn't everything...

16. Ning

Ning New Member

It's funny that most people voted against Votric Zeus actually have zero experience with it and the one recommended Voltric Zeus is the only one who actually played with it. I run into this thread by chance. As a player who have been playing with Voltric Zeus for one year and half, I have to say this is a very good (for the price) and fast racquet! Go for it when you have a chance. I used to have a few $150+ racquets and now I'm happy with my cheap Voltric Zeus. BTW, I strung it with BG80 at 24lb.

#17 Ning, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  17. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Agree with the above two posters, the Voltric Zeus is a very decent racket for the price, in the UK the price went down to £30 when I sold my last few, it is a steal for that price. I played with it as I do with all rackets I sell and it was indeed a very light and agile racket and suitable for any level.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

18. TopRamen

TopRamen New Member

I have a Voltric Zeus. It's pretty good for the price. If you remove the string and put another one with a higher tension, it can become 2x better.