Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n

y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n Regular Member

if he's really taking something to enhance his game, then it would be very sad, because we will never know since when he started and we will started to question which medals he won in the past are really based on his true performance and the saddest part is...with or without those enhancer, he still lost to LD

2. Eskoo

Eskoo Regular Member

Student
    If and when the B sample is also positive I'm quite sure that it is due to some pharmaceuticals and it is not intented doping. Why? Well, I don't see any reason for doping in this stage. It is not Olympic year and everyone should understand how much badminton is everything else than just pure physics. And LCW has been injured every now and then which means that there has been several medical treatments for sure.

It would be very different case if we were talking about cycling, cross-country skiing etc. that are based on endurance and the differences are made in pure physical performances. I've seen so many matches from LCW that clearly tells us how technically skilled shuttler he is.

But the sad part of this is most probably the 2 year ban that means missing Rio 2016 and because of that also the retirement. And the most sadest thing will be the way how one of the greatest players in our sport will finish his career. Being the most unluckiest player + having achieved almost everything but basically none of the biggest achievements, and being an exemplary player for the kids and for the sport, and then ending up with spectacular doping news. In my country the news papers are writing about badminton probably once in a year and today there were a big article about this case. This made me honestly sad.

3. losima

losima Regular Member

His sunken eyes, bony body and pronounced cheek bones raised my suspicion, so this is not a surprise.

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    very sad... i totally agree with you about badminton not being pure physical performances, that's why a 50yo can still challenge a 20yo

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    He was always like that. You guys need to cool off a bit.

6. Halcyon.Days

Halcyon.Days Regular Member

Lots of armchair experts surface when news breaks out. It's best we wait for official announcements from BAM or the alleged athlete and not speculate too much on the issue.

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

OMG X Ball, so long haven't seen you post :eek: !!!

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I surprise myself ;-) But really, it is worth my comment.

9. SibugiChai

YAB
    it is a blessing in disguise for Malaysia MS

now everybody else has to stepup !!!

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Come on, that's quite a cruel thing to say for the one guy who gave you wins and hope for over 10 years! :(

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i don't understand what Sample B is.

Was it taken at the same time as Sample A? or later?

Is it also urine sample? or something else?

12. y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n

y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n Regular Member

I'm more worried about his image IF it is positive

will "them" still support him? with all his sports cars and companies...

can he maintain?

13. Eskoo

Eskoo Regular Member

Student
    By the way, does anyone have any clue how often top (let's say Super Series-level) players are being tested? Asking this because I've no clue about badminton but I know that there are lot of differences between sports. For example tennis players are tested quite often but the possibility that a Premier league footballer is tested during a season is less than 1%.

If badminton players are just very randomly tested, it would make a sense that we hear rumours about doping issues but if testing is regular, I dare to say that it is due to medical treatment etc.

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Wow, we have reached 600 pages.

15. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    So we have many people in the category of, "AAARGGHHH, See that! I always sensed something a miss."

To them, please try showing some respect for a player who is indeed great. And this is coming from an ardent Lin Dan Fan. He is one of those few players who can force Lin Dan up to his very best, and produce incredible matches. Though, I often cursed him, for perhaps his popularity in the world, and his usage by the ROW to denigrate and belittle Lin Dan at times, I AM SURE that the person I have known for this while, could not, would not do such a thing. He doesn't even need to play any more to survive off his legacy.

Don't have this attitude towards LCW, especially if you are a fan of LD.

16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Samples A and B were taken at the same time, both are urine. But they are not analysed by the laboratory at the same time, only sample A is looked at. If it is positive, another lab will look at sample B to be sure.
    It happened before in other sports that some samples got mixed up, and the wrong player was accused of doping. Then the sample B can prove a mistake was done.

17. renbo

renbo Regular Member

In similar cases in other sports, the reaction of the people close to the sport is 1) denial that such a problem exist. If this doesn't work, then 2) try to picture the unfortunate player caught as very black, a bad apple in the lot.
    I hope this will not happen with LCW. Doping or not, he has given it all to the fans and was always good towards the others players and the badminton circuit (as far as I can judge).

18. SibugiChai

YAB
    we cannot change what has happen (the drugs), but we can look forward to the future...

moving on is what i learn in life

i have supported him all his career, but when its time to say bye2... we have to move on

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Whatever is said here, he will still be tainted. Although he holds many titles, if he takes drugs, he will be known as a cheat. The only way he can clear his name somewhat is if BAM backs his story, which I am sure he would have one.

CWF, are you ready? :-$

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yes, move on. Whatever will be, will be.
    Don't worry, be happy. This is not the end of life.

As for supporting, I stopped a few years ago, after I suspected.......well, that is for another day.