Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Published: Wednesday November 12, 2014 MYT 6:29:00 PM
    Updated: Wednesday November 12, 2014 MYT 6:40:01 PM
    Khairy smashes Razif Sidek for Chong Wei allegations

BY LOH FOON FONG

Razif (left) and Khairy.
    Razif (left) and Khairy.

KUALA LUMPUR: Youth and Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin had lambasted former national shuttler Razif Sidek for alleging that Datuk Lee Chong Wei had been using the banned dexamethasone substance for a long time.

Khairy said that the allegation was unsubstantiated and urged people not to speculate until the hearing before the Badminton World Federation (BWF), which was expected to be held early next month.

"This is a serious allegation which I find disturbing," he said at a press conference after giving a talk at the Retirement Fund Incorporated (KWAP) Leadership Series Wednesday.

Khairy said if Razif wanted to make such a serious allegation, he must show evidence.

He said that Lee had asked his lawyer to draft a letter to demand that Razif retract the allegation and to not repeat it.

He also urged people not to jump into any conclusion yet.

On Tuesday, the BWF had officially named world No. 1 Lee as the player who failed the dope test and he would be provisionally suspended due to an anti-doping regulation violation.

Following this, Lee, 32, who was tested positive for dexamethasone at the World Championships in Copenhagen on Aug 30 will be barred from all competitions until a hearing by BWF to decide his fate.

A news portal on Tuesday reported that Razif had alleged that Lee had been using the banned substance for a long time.

Razif had pointed out that dexamethasone was still a banned substance despite it not being a performance enhancing drug.

“Why did he continue to use dexamethasone? Why didn’t he use acoxia to aid his rehabilitation? Acoxia is not banned,” he said.

2. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

One aspect of any sport is protection of the players from abuse by Management/coaches (or even self abuse).

Accelerated healing/pain killers can be abused by management/players to take short cuts & risky treatments in an effort to keep playing in competition or to train harder than the body can normally sustain.

Taking a recovery drug outside of competition may be allowed as a valid treatment.
    The rules may have been designed to allow use of the drug but require that the drug is completely out of the system to prevent the player from being rushed back into competition before they're actually ready & risk causing even more damage to themselves in the long term.

For example boxing has mandatory "medical recovery suspensions". This is supposed to protect boxers who have been knocked out & possibly have concussion from fighting again before they recover fully. Why would a boxer still want to fight while concussed? For some it's money & making a living, for others its not to miss the opportunity of a title fight. etc.

#11222 mindfields, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  3. visor

visor Regular Member

Because it's just another NSAID like ibuprofen or aspirin, only a little stronger, but still not as effective as SAID, ie steroids like dexamethasone, prednisone.

4. renbo

renbo Regular Member

This makes sense

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LCW's lastest FB post :
    Met DS Hishammuddin Hussein today, who told me to not be too sad and to stay strong. He's taken good care of me since I was young, and I am really grateful for his support through good and bad times, no matter how busy he is. Thank you Dato' Seri, you are truly a leader in every way.

https://www.facebook.com/leechongweiofficial?hc_location=timeline

Hishamuddin is the Defense Minister

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    ^ Good portfolio.

7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Isn't he the one who was in charge of finding MH370?

8. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Dexa given through IM is very common and in Dato' scenario, he can as well be given Dexa to benefits from it's anti inflammatory effect. But what is unique in Dato' case as well is that, at the same time he is also receiving a stem cell treatment for his thigh injury and since for such procedure to be surgically precise, a state of the art Ultrasound - laser guided equipment is used to lead the insertion for the stem cell and i would also agree that Dexa can also be given intra-cellularly under similar guidance as an accelerate for the healing process at the site of injury as well as an anti inflammatory treatment.

Only a full medical report explaining the methodology and procedure used can give us a more scientific clear picture.

#11228 shooting stroke, Nov 12, 2014
  9. shooting stroke

Sir.......hmmmmm.......sorry to interupt.....it is ARCOXIA (Etoricoxib)........not ACOXIA sir..........sorry again Sir.........However you got the dexa spelled correctly sir....well done sir.

10. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Lol... I knew what he meant...

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Amusing :)

Did Razif really say LCW was using drugs long term or was it a reporter trying to sensationalise?

12. visor

visor Regular Member

I'd say it was a wily reporter being able to snag an unwitting prey who's none the wiser...

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  14. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    I think that through this incident we can really see the importance of LCW to MAS as a country...even defense minister come and talk

15. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    http://sports.ndtv.com/commonwealth...-wei-to-miss-commonwealth-games-due-to-injury

[h=1]Lee Chong Wei to Miss Commonwealth Games Due to Injury[/h]
    [h=2]Lee Chong Wei, 31, has been struggling with a thigh injury for months, which made him decide last week to skip the games starting on July 23.[/h]Reported by: Agence France-Presse
    Last updated on Tuesday, 15 July, 2014 18:01 IST

Kuala Lumpur: Badminton world number one Lee Chong Wei will miss the Glasgow Commonwealth Games due to injury, a report said Tuesday.

The Malaysian, 31, has been struggling with a thigh injury for months, which made him decide last week to skip the games starting late this month, The Star reported.
    Lee was quoted as saying he would take four to five weeks to recover and hoped to be fit again for the World Championships in Copenhagen in late August and the Asian Games after that.

"I will take one day at a time. Ultimately, I want to do well at the World Championships," he said.

"According to the doctors, there is a tear, and it will get worse if I don't get treatment... At my age, the healing process is harder. I'm staying positive."

Lee on Saturday received the first of three stem cell injections to speed up his recovery, the report said.

He said he picked up the injury before the Thomas Cup finals in May, but the pain became "unbearable" at last month's Japan and Indonesia Opens.

Lee and other sporting officials could not immediately be reached for comment.

Last year, Lee was stretchered from the court during the World Championships final against his nemesis Lin Dan of China with cramp and dehydration.

This prompted calls from Malaysian sporting officials for him to reduce his rigorous playing schedule and pace himself as he is looking to compete in the 2016 Olympics.

Despite consistently topping the rankings, Lee is still without a world or Olympic title.

16. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    #11236 pcll99, Nov 12, 2014
  17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    i wonder how a defence minister / ex-education minister can take good care of a national athletes?

18. shooting stroke

As quoted here it was Razif claimed that Dato' LCW was using banned substance for long time :

"Former national shuttler Razif Sidek claimed that world No. 1 Datuk Lee Chong Wei has been using for a long time the banned substance like the one he was reported to have tested positive for in the recent doping scandal"

- http://www.therakyatpost.com/news/2...ing-banned-substance-long-time/#ixzz3Il0pbYmY

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am just speaking out of my heart for a while and out of topic

I would just like to press ++++++ like button about Datuk KJ comments about Razif. This many weeks would probably be the most stressful period of time that Dato' has gone through, far more stressful as to compare to all of his many losses in the WC, Olympic or Asian games as well as when Datuk Misbun quit BAM combined. Yes indeed there is banned substance in his urine but we are waiting what BWF would say but at the same time, having gone through gargantuan level of stress and critics, its easy for some Malaysian individual to forget the sacrifice and contribution that Dato' has done for the sake of his country by making statements that would not just help much the current air that we are breathing surrounding Dato' case but rather just like putting more oil into a fire.

I was not surprised when it was Razif that is making that comment since as far as i am quite closed to most of the Sidek brothers and especially my former coach, Datuk Misbun himself, Razif is one troublemaker among the Sidek brother (no need to ask me more about this). I am very pity to Dato'. At the same time Rashid is defending him , another Sidek family that is on the opposing side is lambasting him with all the comments that most likely we've already read from certain news posted here.

Badminton runs very deep inside all the Sideks family veins and as like them who has gone through heaven and hell in their journey representing Malaysia for their love in badminton, others who is following their foot steps regardless of their races are like family to them as well. I can't see what benefit will Razif gain and regardless that he has evidence as what Datuk KJ wants him to provide, his mouth doesn't show that his heart has the same closed relation and love to Dato' as like Datuk Misbun has that treat Dato as like his son as well like the other Sidek's brother including Rashid.

19. shooting stroke

Easy answer my friend.

The Defence Minister can help by defending the Sport Minister while he is helping in defending Dato in defending his case to BWF later........i think.

20. mindreader

mindreader Regular Member

There's absolutely nothing wrong with mentioning the "C" country, or any other country for that matter. What you do however, is called TROLLING, repeatedly. That's the real reason you get called a m * r * n, repeatedly.

I don't think dexa helps with mental disorders, but I think in your case you should give it a go anyways.

#11240 mindreader, Nov 12, 2014