Yonex Arcsaber 11

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clawhammers, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Benito

Benito Regular Member

For me arc8dx hits harder because, i think, it's a little bit stiffer and head heavier. However arc11 performs better at the net and in defence.

2. shadowofevil

shadowofevil Regular Member

Engineer
    Comparing arc11 and BS12, i still love the boxy feel and its backhand clear for arc11... altho still early relationship with these two racket.... but love every min playing with these two gems

3. andyang

andyang Regular Member

anyone can recommend which string to use for arc11?

thanks

4. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    BS12 is a much better racquet you'll discover

adrian siswanto likes this.
  5. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    bg66um, bg80.

6. RVStrike13

RVStrike13 Regular Member

Student
    Whenever I use the Arcsaber 11 I always get a dull from it, I feel like I can get next to nothing into terms of power with it, I'm curious if anybody has the same feeling as me.

7. shadowofevil

shadowofevil Regular Member

Engineer
    well , it depends.My BS12 (blue) i felt something lacking in it..... Arc11 / MX JJS (4U) still my primary racket for now..... with this two racket i'm more comfortable at back court drop shot and back hand.

As for dull feeling , i not quite sure ... however might try on the continuous grommet recommend by my stringer , tho i recently just restring in NBG98... will try next month i guess....=p ....btw whats string you are using?

#507 shadowofevil, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  8. kjchan

kjchan Regular Member

I second this. BG66UM is my go to string, but it breaks easily at higher tensions if you mishit a lot. BG80 is also a great string that I've been trying out with the Arc11. It lacks the awesome sound you will get with the BG66UM though.

Have you considered the problem being from your strings/technique? I get great feedback from the racket, but it's by no means a power house to win points. However I recently switched to the Voltric 80 and have been loving the power. It's similar to the Arc11, but gives me the power I was looking for in the Arc11, give it a try!

9. RVStrike13

RVStrike13 Regular Member

Student
    The Arcsaber 11 isn't head-heavy so I do use my wrist a lot more in it as well. As for strings I'm using BG 70's at 25.

10. andyang

andyang Regular Member

so the best string for arc11 is bg66um, bg80?

tension?

11. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

I suppose there are two possible reasons for that:

1) Either the shaft is too stiff for you, that would indeed make it seem "dull" to you. What rackets are you otherwise playing and comparing it with? Have you tested Arc7 and how does that rate?

2) Or the racket is not head-heavy enough, compared to what you are used to (and have strength to wield). That would make it feel a bit "thin" on the power hits - in particular because with the more head heavier rackets you also get a more flexy feeling. So a powerfull swing with a larger movement of the racket (a bit slower buildup), would give you feeling of power from the head heavy flexy rackets, and dullness from a neutral balanced stiff racket like Arc11.

So it all depends on where your technique, physics and style is at, and your comparison rackets.

I play the Vol70 myself, but having an ARC11 to switch to once in a while. I surely find that going straight from V70 to ARC11 I loose power but gain in defense and counter play. One have to play the Arc11 for more than 5 minutes though, in order to adjust your timing to the different feel - at least I have to.

String tension could also matter here. I suppose you'd want a bit less tension in an Arc11 compared to a "power" type racket like the Voltrics, in order to not get the dull feeling of a wooden board, when hitting shots a bit off center.

12. kjchan

kjchan Regular Member

As with every response to anyone asking about "best" string tension, it is completely dependent on your level of play and technique. Good starting tension would be 24lb, which I myself started with. I then strung it at 26lb and felt like it really woke up the racket for me. The added control and accuracy of the higher string tension really matches the Arc11, but if you don't have the technique to play with the higher string tension, it is worthless.

13. andyang

andyang Regular Member

all right...thanks for the info.
    my current tension is 26. :)

14. orangenetic

orangenetic Regular Member

I've been offered a used Arcsaber11 3U in a pretty good condition for around 110-115USD.
    I've had pretty good experience with Arc6, Arc8DX. Loved the pinpoint accuracy I got from them.

First a brief explanation of my playstyle.

Type of game : doubles. (Slowly turning towards a singles player as my techniques get better)
    Racket preference : A racket I can feel a bit of flex(Doesn't matter if it flexes because of a heavy head)
    I'm more of a control player rather than power.
    Favorite shots are : Sliced dropshots, crosscourt netshots.
    Current rackets : I don't really use my own rackets(Nanoray300, Isotour800) as I don't feel comfortable with them. I use a friend's spare racket which is a 300mm balanced 4u racket with a 4/5 stiff shaft. (It's a small, unknown brand)
    More of a wrist user than arm user.

Will the Arc11 fit me?

15. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    The balance and stiffness sounds like suit you perfectly. It's also more towards a control racket. If you can handle the 3u weight, I think it will suit you just fine

16. orangenetic

orangenetic Regular Member

Thanks for the fast reply

Oh and i've been using 2U, 3U from since i've started playing badminton. So it won't be any problem at all :)
    I'll consider into the Arc11 more I guess

17. Zargh

Zargh New Member

Amazing answer there.

I use the same combo of raquets! I love both of them. Both strung at 24 with BG80. They indeed feel very different, and I actually like to switch, sometimes even within the same game.
    You know, with the different "feel" I get from doing the same shot but with a (very) different raquet, I really think I'm learning to be more efficient, I "understand" the shot better.

18. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Concur with Zargh...

Insightful post by FeatherBlaster, one which I experience myself with AS11 n later VT70.

However, now am using the combo of TK9ooo n BS12...

19. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Anyone here with long-time-use can compare Arc11 to Arc10?
    My first racket was the Arc10 PG, which unfortunately is broken a while ago. But I remember that I liked "hold-feeling".

I'm also curious about the differences in the Viktor Axelsen signature edition, if there are any.
    There's also a Arc10 Legends Vision PG edition - in the lovely white like the original Arc10 PG used to be :)

20. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Arc11 is stiffer by quite a bit. It's a little head heavy and produces pretty hard smashes.

Arc10 in my opinion is true blue balanced racket . Needs more quality user input in defence and smashes